blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:48:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Multi Prizepool Poker (MPP™) at DTD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Multi Prizepool Poker (MPP™) at DTD  (Read 55495 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2012, 10:57:46 PM »

Will this last long term though?

Can't imagine the lower buy in players will win that often

I take it that this tourney is going to be a weekly tourney

tell me a final table you have ever seen that has been stacked with good players. I think you will be suprised to see how many of the £25 players make the final table. Starting to get real excited about this comp,
my point exactly. I can see a lot of tears from the so called better players Smiley

Great boost to the confidence for any of the £25 buy in players who go deep. Plus a great encouragement to buy in at the higher level next time

Oh, and Robert Baguley will have a field day Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2012, 06:09:44 AM »

Really interesting idea, think I like it if you can deal with the logistics!

If successful something which could be rolled out into the Monthly Deepstack Perhaps, let the player decide if they want to play a 150, a 300 or a 500!

skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2012, 07:56:44 AM »

Really interesting idea, think I like it if you can deal with the logistics!

If successful something which could be rolled out into the Monthly Deepstack Perhaps, let the player decide if they want to play a 150, a 300 or a 500!

Exclamation marks!

I'm trying and I literally cannot imagine you saying the above post, with the exclamation marks, in your real life voice. Come to think of it, is it written in your voice?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2012, 01:14:16 PM »

wow exciting stuff!

I think (theoretically at least) it looks great, I disagree completely with people saying this is bad for lower buyin players, sounds amazing for lower buyin players because not only will there be a big increase to the prizepool (so they can win more money when they win) but "higher buyin players" don't necessarily = "better players" so insinuation that it'll make the tournaments un-winable for lower stakes players is defo, defo wrong.

Good work Roberto/DTD wish you the very best of luck with it i'll try my very best to support you guys when it launches.

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »

One thing that isn't clear is how the guarantee would be distributed. Is it split between each buy in or all available to the £25 players?

Assume it has to be split otherwise they need 200 runners every Thursday.

Only thing I don't like about it is that I won't be able to play. Can't make Thursdays Sad

The guarantee covers the event so all 3 prizepools, we expect approx 70% will be in P1 so £3500 of a £5000 guarantem , any overlay ( hopefully there wont be one Smiley will be split between the three prizepools based on %age of field in each pool eg £1000 overlay in a 70% P1 situation would get additional £700.

Cheers

ACES

Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2012, 01:23:12 PM »

Not sure that the value is there for players paying top entry for all three prize pools.

Looking at the example in the opening post, and I accept it is only an example. A player buying in for £100 is paying an extra £50  over prize pool 2 for an extra £750 prize pool.

Even if more players buy in to PP3 the as long as players are playing the same tournament for £50 or £75 less it means you have to beat far more players than you would in a conventional prize structure hence reduced overall value if you buy in to all three prize pools

Therefore I doubt it would work for larger buy ins ie ie 150/300/500

There is balancer that helps a little if I interpret it right in that you could finish 10th and still win 1st place from prize pool 3 if you are last man standing in that prize pool.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:35:22 PM by Gemini Kings » Logged
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2012, 01:40:32 PM »

Yeh that last sentence is why it's exactly the same, if PP3 is smaller then it only means you have to beat less people to win 1st place in that prizepool.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2012, 01:46:15 PM »

Seems to me like the icm considerations become a complete unknown if you don't know what peoPle are in and playing for?!!?

Let alone what you are playing for?

Prize pools get updated in running?

Once late reg finishes all prizepools, number of players entered, how many left, how many places paid and amounts will all be available

Cheers

ACES

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2012, 01:49:29 PM »

One thing that isn't clear is how the guarantee would be distributed. Is it split between each buy in or all available to the £25 players?

Assume it has to be split otherwise they need 200 runners every Thursday.

Only thing I don't like about it is that I won't be able to play. Can't make Thursdays Sad

Yes, how the guarantee would work isn't clear. If there's only one entry in the £100 prizepool does that comp/prizepool still run, and if so, does it have a guarantee?

The guarantee is for all 3 prizepools but if no one enters 2 or P3 it would all go to P1. If only one player has entered P3 he would come 1st and get £30 back.

Cheers

ACES

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2012, 01:56:06 PM »

I like it but it will take some getting used to.

I'd assume players will have a card on display at all times denoting their buy-ins level? (Lol @ not reading post above)

P1 will show all players entered, at the moment we dont intend to show P2 and P3 entries as while everyone in P1 will experience the bubble it would be unfair for P1 players to be able to bully P2 and P3 players on their bubbles, also their will be no hand for hand on the P2 and P3 bubbles, an announcement will be made when each pool makes that point and P1, our TD will be aware who is left in , where they are sat and will make sure all players know when they are in the money, P1 will have a normal hand for hand.

Cheers

ACES

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2012, 02:02:56 PM »

Simon, have you worked out how the guarantee will work across the three prizepools?

The guarantees will be for the whole event not individual prizepools, the only time the guarantee will be seen to be divided is in the event of an overlay when it will be split by %age.

eg 100 players split P1 70, P2 20, P3 10

£1000 overlay is split £700 / £200 / £100

If you enterd P3 you have the chance to win the whole £1000, if you only entered P1 you can win 70% of the added value.

Cheers

ACES

Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2012, 02:18:01 PM »

It certainly adds a new dynamic to a tournament with three different bubbles and I imagine it would be fun to play at least.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2012, 05:58:01 PM »

It is an interesting dynamic as long as there is no chip-dumping between tiers.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2012, 07:04:30 PM »

Pay the full buyin, get to the final and:

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2012, 09:02:12 PM »

Very interesting concept, look forward to seeing how this works out, gl with it!

Ship It!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: