blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:13:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Multi Prizepool Poker (MPP™) at DTD
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Multi Prizepool Poker (MPP™) at DTD  (Read 55781 times)
giveyourcash

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2012, 02:39:21 PM »

theres gonna be so much tomfoolery and shenanigans, stalling, chip dumping, collusion i can't ever see it running smoothly.

Agreed, I'm all for innovations but I don't see this as worth the hassle. The semi-shady angleshooting types you see in most low buy-in tourneys will have a field day. Imagine 5 people agreeing to split all profits 4 £25 entries and 1 £100er who gets dumped to whenever convenient (a big 3 bet fold pre here and there or a 3 barrel "bluff") You're potentially getting 5 £100 entries for £200. Or simply a £100 player buys chips off a £25 guy with 20 left on a smoke break to guarantee a top finish.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:41:58 PM by giveyourcash » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2012, 02:53:47 PM »

Hadn't thought about chip swapping. Never mind chip dumping, just hand a few over at the break.

DTD need to impose a strict instant ban for anyone caught doing this to try to deter it.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2012, 03:07:48 PM »

theres gonna be so much tomfoolery and shenanigans, stalling, chip dumping, collusion i can't ever see it running smoothly.

Agreed, I'm all for innovations but I don't see this as worth the hassle. The semi-shady angleshooting types you see in most low buy-in tourneys will have a field day. Imagine 5 people agreeing to split all profits 4 £25 entries and 1 £100er who gets dumped to whenever convenient (a big 3 bet fold pre here and there or a 3 barrel "bluff") You're potentially getting 5 £100 entries for £200. Or simply a £100 player buys chips off a £25 guy with 20 left on a smoke break to guarantee a top finish.

Chip dumping etc needs these 5people to be on the same table of course, and for them not to be known to be associates, and for the dealers and tournament staff to be blind

Do a deal with someone in the smoke break to get chips passed to you? If someone approached me with that offer I'd just have a word with the TD as I would if someone offered to sell me some. as a minimum I'd expect.

It's worrying that people are trying to find the angles so quickly... Wouldn't occur to me to be anything other than straight.

The concept itself is pretty intriguing, the impact on the confidence of a PP1 player winning and having beaten the PP2/PP3 players would be significant.

There will be issues and wrinkles to resolve and DTD is the best place to do that. But woe betide anyone attempting to cheat in it under that roof.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2012, 04:43:41 PM »

Chip dumping etc needs these 5people to be on the same table of course, and for them not to be known to be associates, and for the dealers and tournament staff to be blind

A group of 8 who late reg at the same time?

Very difficult to distinguish between bad play, coolers and chip dumping, even for competent dealers. With dealers changing on the table frequently, how would a new dealer to the table know about any previous hands?

Do a deal with someone in the smoke break to get chips passed to you? If someone approached me with that offer I'd just have a word with the TD as I would if someone offered to sell me some. as a minimum I'd expect.

It's worrying that people are trying to find the angles so quickly... Wouldn't occur to me to be anything other than straight.

I'd never cheat either David, but that doesn't mean there aren't others who cheat in regular comps - never mind when there's a definite angle to shoot.

The concept itself is pretty intriguing, the impact on the confidence of a PP1 player winning and having beaten the PP2/PP3 players would be significant.

There will be issues and wrinkles to resolve and DTD is the best place to do that. But woe betide anyone attempting to cheat in it under that roof.

I'm sure there are those who cheat/collude in the existing comps at DTD and get away with it. At least there are no self-deal comps and it's probably a better place than most for tackling cheating - but think it'd be naive to think there wasn't any going on.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2012, 04:48:35 PM »

Thing thing about "cheating" is I can even imagine people not knowigly turning up to cheat, but a situation where 5 lads travel from 2-3 hours away, 3 in for 25, 2 in for 100. If they ran deep and the proze pool was skewed to the top prize pool, its a situation of simple maths that might make them think "well ill just ditch my chips to Tarquin as his are worth 4x mine".

This is obv cheating, but might be done without any original intention

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2012, 06:26:17 PM »

No doubt a valid discussion, just a shame that the great new concept is now being dominated by how people can cheat and how to stop the cheaters!

Carpe Diem
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »

Well it could always be run as a team competition with all of the angles allowed.

Now that would be fun.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2012, 06:36:28 PM »

Well it could always be run as a team competition with all of the angles allowed.

Now that would be fun.

This, this and more of this!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2012, 07:37:34 PM »

Love the innovation, sounds like a great idea. Would like to see it with maybe a bigger spread in buyins, e.g. Maybe the deepstack could be 50/150/500. I think that could be very interesting.

If we had a spread as big as 10 x P1 this would obviously encourage collusion, chip dumping, hence the jump between P1 and P3 is only double.

ACES

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2012, 07:41:17 PM »

Did I miss the answer to whether it will be clear which buy in people are playing?

We haven't decided the best way to do this yet, all the information re each prizepool will be dynamically linked to our site but not available on the screens with our manual trials, may be a way to include it once the system is rewritten with all prizepools combined, may have to use the P2 / P3 card solution given at cash desk but can't force players to display them.

ACES

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2012, 07:46:03 PM »

Is there a cap on the number of players per tier or is it first come first served?

We are hoping that all players will want to play from the start or within the first level as the structure will be based on P1 buy in so no need to cap P1, the trials should give us sufficient information and regardless of cost we will get the format right asap.

ACES

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2012, 07:50:24 PM »

It is an interesting dynamic as long as there is no chip-dumping between tiers.

I see no reason why this would happen, difference between buy in to P1 and P3 eg P1 is £25 and P3 is £50, the fact the player invests £100 is not relevant as it is spread over 3 prizepools and P3 is only double the value of P1, and the more players in P1 the bigger the prizepool over P3 making it even less attractive to chip dump.

ACES

giveyourcash

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2012, 06:40:52 AM »

It is an interesting dynamic as long as there is no chip-dumping between tiers.

I see no reason why this would happen, difference between buy in to P1 and P3 eg P1 is £25 and P3 is £50, the fact the player invests £100 is not relevant as it is spread over 3 prizepools and P3 is only double the value of P1, and the more players in P1 the bigger the prizepool over P3 making it even less attractive to chip dump.

ACES

This is a fair point and I really hope I'm wrong. I trust DTD > all to police this sort of thing. Glad you're on top of it.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2012, 06:30:54 PM »

Thing thing about "cheating" is I can even imagine people not knowigly turning up to cheat, but a situation where 5 lads travel from 2-3 hours away, 3 in for 25, 2 in for 100. If they ran deep and the proze pool was skewed to the top prize pool, its a situation of simple maths that might make them think "well ill just ditch my chips to Tarquin as his are worth 4x mine".

Can't see a chap called Tarquin cheating.

Allez!!
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2012, 01:32:04 AM »

Can't see a chap called Tarquin cheating.

haha -  i orignally put "brian" but then thought someone might get offended

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: