blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:37:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Tales of Poker from the Luton G - 2013
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales of Poker from the Luton G - 2013  (Read 41230 times)
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2013, 05:32:05 PM »

Will see if I can make it to that 15k tournie in March.

During the last GUKPT Festival, the place was rammed for the 6 max event.  Now I realise that these events are very hard to organise because of dealers, but would it be possible to have a monthly 6 max?  If the BI was 150/200 I think that as 6 max is so rarely offered live it could bring in a lot of new blood.  

Keep seeing spamming on FB about this 25/25 series.  Is this likely to come to Luton?

When I first starting coming to Luton there were 3 events that I enjoyed.  I think on a Wednesday is was a 50 turbo/Friday a 75 and a Sunday was a 100.  These all got very good numbers.  I personally find the tournies on offer not really worth traveling for, and it seems that the rival room in Luton has mainly lower BI comps.  Do you think that pulling away and trying to go for higher BIs could help.

BTW I know this sounds a bit silly coming from someone who rarely comes to the G now, but as I can't guarantee that a game will be running I may as well go play in London.  Even Reading now has ok-ish 1/2 action.

Ryan how much more likely are you to attend on a fri night if you know for certain their will be a 1-2 nlh game running when you arrive, even if it means waiting for a seat?

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2013, 05:43:56 PM »

Jim - I agree with much of what you say     ....      but you seem to 'overlook' it's the comps that bring the punters in, not the cash tables!

But the rest of it - yup spot on.

I've lost count the amount of times I've shrugged my shoulders and gone home, because there was no dealer 'available' (on one occasion we watched as two dealers went to 'lunch', and were told to wait till they came back - six cash players immediately left).

Further, I've lost count the amount of times 'there was no dealer available'    ....    but there were two 'runners' as well as a Card room Supervisor whose duties appeared to be gazing at the computer monitor on the desk.

I've regularly been in cash games that were shut down early      ....     only to walk past groups of pit staff - sans punters - standing about doing bugger all in the early hours.

They won't pay the staff overtime in the card-room - but they won't get the 'unemployed' pit wallahs to multi-task!

Sums it up really.

i think that used to be the case but not any longer, in terms of the comps bringing in players to make the cash games. The comp buyins  are so small that players turn up with enough money in their pockets to cover the buyin and a sandwich. When the cash games do run these days its made up of a high % of players that have come just for the cash game, or maybe played the comp waiting for the cash game to start.

Yeah maybe - the buy-ins are so low now, the prize-pool's not worth turning up for.

$muszlesz$

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2013, 05:49:29 PM »

Lets have one do game on the live stream table before they get rid of it jim.....we need to see the nits hands and let everyone see them hit and run when asked to pay 8 pound lol

Rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2013, 06:11:52 PM »

I wasn`t giving an opinion,just trying to see how i think the number crunchers in head office view the card rooms in general

Ive heard all these concerns 1000 times before,not a lot changes after an initial month or so of extra effort,allways seems to slip back to where it was before,if not slightly worse

Jim wants his cash games sorting out,and can see from the frontline how easy that could be achieved with a bit of common sense and discussion with the players,never happens though does it?

I think youve got a business model making money and increasing revenue and turnover year on year,and whilst the bean counters are head nodding in approval, then farting around with hairy arsed moaning poker players isnt a priority

They can have as much free tea and coffee as they like,the hope is they might put a score in a slot on the way out

"Jimmy White told me the other night he hates name droppers,i had to agree"
Dave Johnson August 2010
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2013, 07:22:29 PM »

Will see if I can make it to that 15k tournie in March.

During the last GUKPT Festival, the place was rammed for the 6 max event.  Now I realise that these events are very hard to organise because of dealers, but would it be possible to have a monthly 6 max?  If the BI was 150/200 I think that as 6 max is so rarely offered live it could bring in a lot of new blood.  

Keep seeing spamming on FB about this 25/25 series.  Is this likely to come to Luton?

When I first starting coming to Luton there were 3 events that I enjoyed.  I think on a Wednesday is was a 50 turbo/Friday a 75 and a Sunday was a 100.  These all got very good numbers.  I personally find the tournies on offer not really worth traveling for, and it seems that the rival room in Luton has mainly lower BI comps.  Do you think that pulling away and trying to go for higher BIs could help.

BTW I know this sounds a bit silly coming from someone who rarely comes to the G now, but as I can't guarantee that a game will be running I may as well go play in London.  Even Reading now has ok-ish 1/2 action.

Ryan how much more likely are you to attend on a fri night if you know for certain their will be a 1-2 nlh game running when you arrive, even if it means waiting for a seat?
I would always prefer to play at Luton than London so if I knew that a game was gonna be running then its a no brainer
Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2013, 04:22:35 AM »

I stopped going when they reduced the structure of the tournaments. Average stack on the final table is around 10bb's which means most just wants to deal and go home. Understandable when everyone is short stacked but does not not make me want to play the comps anymore.

I would attend if there were cash games running but as already said by others chances are they are not or close early.

I have often thought that the G is missing an opportunity re cash games as there seems to be or was a decent player pool in the area. Venues make money from cash games but they need to be well organised and staffed.

Shame really because I like the card room, the staff and the Regs but I have to go where he action is so its off to London every night where I rarely wait longer than 5 or 10 minutes for a £1/2 cash game and play around the clock if I want to.

If things were different I would play at Luton.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 01:27:33 AM by Gemini Kings » Logged
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2013, 02:07:05 AM »

Congrats on getting 227 runners.

Good luck everyone I like.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2013, 12:31:41 PM »

Congrats on getting 227 runners.

Good luck everyone I like.

Guarantees = runners?

Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2013, 10:27:39 AM »

Who won the hundo?

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2013, 10:47:59 AM »

Three regs at the final table...

British Gas
Sital
Forty Year Heater

Not sure who emerged victorious from what promised to be a high-class affair though.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
pizzled

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »

Three regs at the final table...

British Gas
Sital
Forty Year Heater

Not sure who emerged victorious from what promised to be a high-class affair though.

Think they took 2k each 6 ways and played for the rest
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2013, 12:24:15 PM »

Good God - nearly two weeks without a post on the Luton thread      ....     Drainy you're Jonah!

Anyone going back with decent chips for day 2 of the Genting's Monthly?

Is the G still dead?

Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2013, 01:19:15 PM »

Not been playing paul. Nothing to report.

The crocus crocus chip counts r on facebook.

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
pizzled

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2013, 05:29:11 PM »

Good God - nearly two weeks without a post on the Luton thread      ....     Drainy you're Jonah!

Is the G still dead?

Chompy has chips...he should win from here
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2013, 05:36:23 PM »

Is the G still dead?

Chompy has chips...he should win from here

Impossible to lose, in fact. Well done in advance choppy.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: