blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:36:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cycling Betting & Discussion.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 ... 139 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cycling Betting & Discussion.  (Read 287068 times)
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1875 on: April 10, 2016, 04:38:40 PM »

Go Boonen, but anyone but Boasson Hagen plz

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1876 on: April 10, 2016, 04:51:32 PM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1877 on: April 10, 2016, 04:54:21 PM »

That really was one of the BEST races. LOVED IT

nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: April 10, 2016, 04:56:41 PM »

exceptional race, had a bit of everything
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1879 on: April 10, 2016, 04:58:25 PM »

& an 800/1 winner  Shocked

nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: April 10, 2016, 05:00:46 PM »

didn't quite make my shortlist haha. Had a sweat with Vanmarcke, the extra e/w place was crucial in the end for a small win
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: April 10, 2016, 05:18:26 PM »

didn't quite make my shortlist haha. Had a sweat with Vanmarcke, the extra e/w place was crucial in the end for a small win

Yeah he just missed my shortlist as well lol.
Unlucky with Boonen pal. Everything fell right and he still didn't quite have the legs. Decent return E/W however.
De Brabantse Pijl on Wednesday and Amstel Gold next Sunday. I'll do a preview of both so see you then. Take it easy!
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: April 10, 2016, 06:40:44 PM »

Can't believe I missed it - Matty Hayman!! Bloody hell!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1883 on: April 12, 2016, 12:22:21 PM »

I had an idle hour this morning to have an initial look at Amstel Gold Race.

http://www.oddschecker.com/cycling/one-day-classics/amstel-gold-race/winner

Primarily my interest is in Julian Alaphilippe (ekkk Etixx again), last years stellar performance in the Ardennes classics was amazing. AGR - 7th. Fleche - 2nd. L-B-L - 2nd. Etixx will be looking to him for similar this year, no pressure then on the young lad. Not watched him this year, but his early season doesn't show as much as last, plus he missed Paris-Nice. Didn't show much in Volta Ciclista a Catalunya. I know he is a big one for putting in long training rides, perhaps he & the team feel he needs less racing this year ahead of Ardennes to be fresher. I'm taking a chance his class will show on Sunday. Sky with the 4 places allowed me £1.00 @ 28/1, & promptly cut to 22/1. Cautious bookies! 33/1 (3 places) elsewhere.

Also had a dabble on the other young Etixx (ekkkk) rider, Petr Vakoc. I'd expect him to be 2nd in line or perhaps a co leading role for Amstel. Impressive set of results this year, particularly in the Drôme Classic, & a fine ride at Strade Bianche. The lad has a ton of power, & the parcour could suit if given the opportunity. £1.00 @ 50/1 again at Sky, & cut to 40/1. Elsewhere 66/1 available.

Both will be riding the traditional warm up race of De Brabantse Pijl tomorrow, prices will get cut if they put in a top performance.

TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: April 13, 2016, 10:16:04 AM »

A quick warning about Alaphillippe, after his breakthrough in the Ardennes last year he was obviously noted by lots of cycling watchers as a man to follow but he form tailed off rapidly. He was diagnosed with some virus/illness which was sapping all his strength and not allowing his body to recover.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/alaphilippe-slowly-on-the-mend-from-mononucleosis/
This is an interview from January this year in which he says he would be taking two more months rest before starting his season preparation. I imagine he will still be a little behind everyone else.
He returned to racing for the three stage sprint race exotically named "Tour Cycliste International La Provence" where he was basically awful. He came in 7 minutes behind the sprint on stage one and quit the race after another poor show on stage 2.
This race was 6 weeks ago so obviously he should have improved and it's reflected in his price to a certain extent I just thought it was useful information for everyone to access.
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1885 on: April 13, 2016, 10:23:20 AM »

A quick warning about Alaphillippe, after his breakthrough in the Ardennes last year he was obviously noted by lots of cycling watchers as a man to follow but he form tailed off rapidly. He was diagnosed with some virus/illness which was sapping all his strength and not allowing his body to recover.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/alaphilippe-slowly-on-the-mend-from-mononucleosis/
This is an interview from January this year in which he says he would be taking two more months rest before starting his season preparation. I imagine he will still be a little behind everyone else.
He returned to racing for the three stage sprint race exotically named "Tour Cycliste International La Provence" where he was basically awful. He came in 7 minutes behind the sprint on stage one and quit the race after another poor show on stage 2.
This race was 6 weeks ago so obviously he should have improved and it's reflected in his price to a certain extent I just thought it was useful information for everyone to access.

thanks tommy, sky got £2.00 off me  Cheesy

I'll be watching De Brabantse Pijl today, small interest in Dylan Tuens & Gianni Meersman.

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1886 on: April 13, 2016, 12:50:07 PM »

Can't believe I missed it - Matty Hayman!! Bloody hell!

Quite a story

TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: April 13, 2016, 01:22:22 PM »

I've backed Bryan Coquard 28/1 today and 66/1 for AGR on Sunday. Good weather and little winds means big groups coming to the last few kms in each race and Coquard is overpriced in those circumstances.
Nice little midweek treat this :-) just need a stream now.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: April 13, 2016, 01:40:49 PM »

What's the parcours like for Amstel? I had it in my mind that it was pretty hilly, but then Bling is a short price favourite for it.

If there is enough climbs near the finish then other teams will be looking to distance him, could be plenty of value elsewhere in the market
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: April 13, 2016, 01:56:15 PM »

258kms with 34! climbs. Sounds insane but only two climbs are over 3km in length and none in the last 100kms. Basically almost everyone will arrive at the Cauberg together. Then all hell will break loose. It's only 1500m at around 8% but the speed it's taken at is obscene. The difference between now and a few years ago is the race now has 1.8km of false flat after the crest of the climb before the finishing line. It used to end at the top of the climb. Bling is fav because of how easily it looked like he stayed with the fav Phil Gilbert as he blasted up the Cauberg last year...
However when he got over the top Gilbert refused to work with the sprinter and Bling was clearly deep in the red. They basically sat up, a few others joined them and Kwiatkowski won the bunch sprint.
Absolutely nobody with the uphill sprint of Gilbert here this year so bling should be in the lead group over the top having expended a lot less energy.
He is a worthy and solid favourite for me but I couldn't back him as his nickname is "bling" so he is obviously a bit of a prick.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 ... 139 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: