blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:01:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cycling Betting & Discussion.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 ... 139 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cycling Betting & Discussion.  (Read 287143 times)
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1800 on: March 09, 2016, 04:11:43 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

by my friends Jered & Ashley Gruber.

full gallery here http://cyclingtips.com/2016/03/photo-gallery-2016-mens-strade-bianche/

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: March 09, 2016, 04:12:36 PM »

full gallery here http://cyclingtips.com/2016/03/photo-gallery-2016-mens-strade-bianche/

What a fantastic photograph!
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: March 09, 2016, 06:33:20 PM »

What a fantastic photograph!

Indeed. TV coverage and the quality of the riders, often hides just how tough some of these courses are.
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: March 10, 2016, 11:05:35 AM »

No bet in Paris - Nice today. Another sprint stage not really whetting my appetite. I have found a bet in Tirreno - Adriatico. I like the Frenchman Thibaut Pinot to win the race outright. Again it boils down to focus and application and I read an interview where he says this is his big early season target and not a warm up for Giro(Nibali) or the classics(Valverde). His FDJ team rode out of their skin yesterday in the TTT and actually took time on most GC contenders in a discipline they have historically struggled.
Nibali and Valverde both looked below par last weekend and I think this race could just be a fine tuning mission ahead of bigger targets.

Reccomend
Thibaut Pinot to win Tirreno - Adriatico outright 2pts EW at 9/1 with Paddy Power

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1804 on: March 11, 2016, 06:33:07 PM »

Really impressive sprint, plenty left in the tank I think, he's gonna take some beating.

TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: March 13, 2016, 04:22:26 AM »

A curveball has gazumped our Thubaut Pinot, or a snowball to be more precise.
Heavy snow has cause the cancellation of the big mountain top finish on Sunday, ruining our chances of a pay out.
Such is life.
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1806 on: April 02, 2016, 10:30:31 AM »

I have a break from business commitments this weekend, just in time for one of the great one day races of the year.

Personally, I'd love to see Spartacus take his 4th win in his final year of racing.

I've taken some of the 12/1 available on betty earlier in the week for GVA. He's close to the level of Sagan & Cancellara this year, & his form here is as good as anyone.

The Sky lineup looks awesome, I can see them really attacking in the final selection with at least four strong options in Thomas, Kwiat', Rowe & Stannard.

Any suggestions for a nicely priced outsider?

TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: April 03, 2016, 06:40:35 AM »

Morning all. I'm back from my recent hiatus. Went to India to watch some cricket.

Anyway today is one of the iconic races of the season.

Tour Of Flanders 255.9km

Climbs

Weather

Contenders

Fabian Cancellara

It's his final season, can the undisputed recent king of the cobbles script a fairytale ending? He is in fantastic form, winning Strade Bianchi this season and as a three time former champion it's very difficult to see how he isn't there at the business end. Capable of incredible bursts of power up the cobbles after 240km. He is a worthy favourite. 3/1

Peter Sagan

The pretender to Canc's crown as the man to beat in monuments. Current world champion, he is having an excellent season with a win in Gent-Wevelghem and his customary array of second place finishes. Tactically improving all the time and has a huge chance of winning his first monument today. 9/2.

Greg Van Avermaet

The great Belgian hope is the absence of any meaningful form of Tom Boonen and Phil Gilbert. Like Sagan he had been a perennial bridesmaid but has worked on his tactics and has benefitted from being the clear leader at BMC. Can he follow the decisive attacks and be there at the end? Would have a great chance if it came to a sprint finish. Beat Sagan at Omloop and won the GC in a snow decimated Adriatico. Form has tailed off a little but it's possible he can peak again here. 11/1.

Sep Vanmarcke

An absolute wattage powerhouse and long touted as a monument winner, will today be the day for Sep? Clearly capable of mixing it with anyone you could say his results over the last couple of years are disappointing. Lots of top 10s without ever really looking like winning a big one. Think he struggles for a little tactical nous and his team is reasonably awful. 12/1

Michal Kwiatkowski

Team Sky's big money signing, purchased specifically to win these types of races, races that have so far eluded Team Sky as they still await their first monument win. Has a very strong team behind him(if they are all in for him) and don't expect to see him mentioned until he pops up at just the right time. An intelligent rider, he is able to win solo or in a sprint which makes him very dangerous. 14/1

Tiesj Benoot

The apple of my eye, burst into the limelight with a 5th place finish here last year as a 21 year old. Almost unfathomable achievement and limitless potential. Will surely win multiple classics and monuments. Has actually been a little below my expectations this season, riding well without ever really lighting up a race. Surely training to peak for today. 25/1

Etixx

A saw a lovely quote about Etixx today - "lots of Chiefs and not enough Indians". Boonen, Terpstra, Trentin, Vandenbergh and Stybar. All possible winners of this race but surely they would need to be the designated leader. Etixx seem to adopt a wait and see attitude which is rarely successful. I quite like Terpstra's chances but how can you back someone who may end up as a domestique.
Prices range from 20/1(Terpstra) to 100/1(Trentin)

Other Contenders
A plethora of riders could step up if their leader isn't feeling great. Thomas, Rowe and Stannard for Sky, Roelandts for Lotto as well as other definite leaders like Kristoff(form?), Boassen Hagen(good enough) and Demare(ditto).

Prediction

Seems logical that Cancellara will attack up the final ascent of the Kwaremont, Sagan will follow along with anyone else capable. Before I saw the weather forecast I figured that Trek will make it hard enough that probably only Sagan would be able to follow Canc. Now the weather looks good I think a few other riders will make it. I see a group of maybe 6 together after the Paterburg then the fun and games will start.
Cancellara can't wait for a sprint and neither can people like Benoot, Vanmarcke and almost everyone from Etixx(Trentin excluded). Whereas Sagan, GVA and Kwiatkowski would probably fancy their chances.
So you need to figure out the decisive group and fathom out possible tactics once it's formed. Best of luck Smiley

I'm on Benoot ante post so I'm hoping he can make the decisive group and slip away whilst the quick men look at each other.
A huge combination of things can happen and as ridiculous as it sounds, it's probably a race to sit and enjoy. I'll be enjoying it with some Belgian beer as is the tradition.
Today is a day I feel sorry for people who don't enjoy watching cycling. Their lives are poorer for it.
Best of luck with all your bets and thank you for indulging me and reading this incredibly long and meandering post.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: April 03, 2016, 07:46:18 AM »

Fantastic write up Tommy, I particularly liked this line:

"Today is a day I feel sorry for people who don't enjoy watching cycling. Their lives are poorer for it."

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: April 03, 2016, 08:08:38 AM »

Fantastic write up Tommy, I particularly liked this line:

"Today is a day I feel sorry for people who don't enjoy watching cycling. Their lives are poorer for it."

I'm glad you enjoyed it pal. Any fancies?
Steveswift

View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: April 03, 2016, 08:47:38 AM »

I agree  a great right up, busy with real life at the moment but will find some time to follow some of these events shortly.
Thinking of buying a road bike for the first time so suspect I will be getting my bike grove on generally.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: April 03, 2016, 09:12:50 AM »

I think Spartacus is a fair favourite but Sky's team looks really strong so Kiat would be my next best. Might have a banzai on Keukeleire despite no real recent form. It's his home monument, he's leading OGE and we've seen them spring surprises before.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: April 03, 2016, 09:17:37 AM »

I think Spartacus is a fair favourite but Sky's team looks really strong so Kiat would be my next best. Might have a banzai on Keukeleire despite no real recent form. It's his home monument, he's leading OGE and we've seen them spring surprises before.

Keukeleire not a bad shout pal. He has form over the cobbles, finished 6 in Roubaix last year. Decent weather will suit him and he is from Bruges so he will be getting lots of home support.
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: April 03, 2016, 09:18:14 AM »

I agree  a great right up, busy with real life at the moment but will find some time to follow some of these events shortly.
Thinking of buying a road bike for the first time so suspect I will be getting my bike grove on generally.

Great fun and a massive pain in the arse buying your first road bike ha. I remember it well.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: April 03, 2016, 09:28:05 AM »

GVA the bet for me today. Won't be able to watch the race live as I'm at work in a bookies and the punters may be a bit surprised if i have the tour of flanders on the screens and not super sunday football Cheesy good luck with the bet and enjoy the race!
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 ... 139 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: