blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:19:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273104 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD February £150,000 GTD £300 Deepstack + Online Day 1A Special!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD February £150,000 GTD £300 Deepstack + Online Day 1A Special!  (Read 28919 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2013, 01:49:05 PM »

The last time I counted it was around 27-30 hands per hour at DTD, an orbit was taking just under 20 mins, but that was in the early levels

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
DTD-Nick.W

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2013, 03:21:25 PM »

This is a very good idea for those of us some way away.  I can't play this month, but will give it a go as soon as I can.

I think 15 minute blinds feels about equal to 40 minutes live and 20 seems too much.  

But can you not do a comparison on number of hands played on-line in 15 minutes in a typical MTT vs number of hands played in 40 minutes in the club?  I guess the on-line bit is easy, but the club bit more difficult, though I would be surprised if nobody has ever counted.

I think the number of hands in both should be the same.  Otherwise we could get 5% of the field through from 1A, but all with double the average stack.  

Having said all this, then you could just give it a go and see how many make it through.

We have done the analysis and come to the opinion 15 is not quite enough 20 is about right.

We track all the hands per hour on the shuffle machines so we have pretty good information.

After the first one on-line we can amend the length of the levels if need be.

Hopefully the on-line 1A will be well received and we can improve it in the following months.

Thanks for all the positive feedback - keep it coming

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2013, 03:25:21 PM »

This is a very good idea for those of us some way away.  I can't play this month, but will give it a go as soon as I can.

I think 15 minute blinds feels about equal to 40 minutes live and 20 seems too much.  

But can you not do a comparison on number of hands played on-line in 15 minutes in a typical MTT vs number of hands played in 40 minutes in the club?  I guess the on-line bit is easy, but the club bit more difficult, though I would be surprised if nobody has ever counted.

I think the number of hands in both should be the same.  Otherwise we could get 5% of the field through from 1A, but all with double the average stack.  

Having said all this, then you could just give it a go and see how many make it through.

We have done the analysis and come to the opinion 15 is not quite enough 20 is about right.

We track all the hands per hour on the shuffle machines so we have pretty good information.

Hopefully the on-line 1A will be well received and we can improve it in the following months.

Given you guys are all fairly shrewd I assume this information was adjusted for not using shuffle machines?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2013, 04:32:42 PM »

Given you guys are all fairly shrewd I assume this information was adjusted for not using shuffle machines?

<3 Guy

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2013, 05:18:40 PM »

<3 Guy

he has morphed into Aaron this week. Everyone hating on his pha and making stupid comments Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2013, 02:38:55 PM »

Brilliant idea.

I probably shouldn't, given my skill-level and therefore likeliness to be on the final table, comment on the final table clock, however, wouldn't it always be best to offer the longest feasible clock for a tournament of this nature? The extra three hours at the front-end should facilitate the 60 min clock.

My only other comment would be, for the deepstacks and other 2 day events/festivals, to open the club 60 mins before the tournament starts, to allow the numbers to register/get through the door and take a bathroom break before having to start.
In response to opening the doors earlier, we are currently working on getting more players entered into the live day 1s before we open the doors to reduce the queues, this will help with some players having played online for day 1A, plus we will have all sat winners entered so they wouldn't need to queue, and more DBIs buying in in advance. Hope to have this in practice for Feb's Deepstack, save on queue size Smiley

i can confirm this works really well. i got to the club for the Jan deepstack when the queues were very long and just smiled and waited for the seat draw having bought in online the day before

100% recommend on line buy in. Those that suggest opening an hour early to accommodate queues are kinda forgetting that it wont stop the majority from still turning up 15 minutes before the off.
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2013, 07:40:40 PM »

I hope Tighty will be doing live updates for all three day ones then?! Wink
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2013, 07:43:10 PM »

er....

not so easy to do the online one.

I reckon I can publish the overnights from 1a once its out of the lobby and before 1b, real names not screen names

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2013, 08:56:00 PM »

er....

not so easy to do the online one.

I reckon I can publish the overnights from 1a once its out of the lobby and before 1b, real names not screen names

I suggested the same thing!!

Less walking around that's for sure...bit Tighty wouldnt be able to get his camera out...updates wouldnt be the same!

Although screenshots of hands would save all that note taking Wink

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2013, 11:33:31 PM »

Wonder if Rob can confirm i gave him this idea in san remo day 1 Smiley
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2013, 12:00:00 AM »

Wonder if Rob can confirm i gave him this idea in san remo day 1 Smiley

Serious question mate - with the general standard on DTD online donyoubthink it gives a massive advantage to the like of you, Middy, Marc etc, more than live or do you think expected Ev is same? Obv game will play v diff to high stakes regs on stars.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2013, 01:37:32 AM »

i dont think the online day will be that soft. All the live value will probs only play the live days. Its just a lot less hassle than travelling down for day 1. Id think my Ev would be better if i played the live day, but im just born lazy.
dtm75

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2013, 04:10:33 PM »

Possible numpty question:

I duly got an email to select which day 1 to play after my sat win in early Jan. I chose day 1b (Sat as it was then), but the day 1a special means Day 1b is actually day 1c.  Should I contact Nichola et al to doubly confirm I can only play Saturday, or will it all be fine and not to worry.

Reading that back, I look like an overly worrying eejit. Hey ho. Apologies

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:17:00 PM by dtm75 » Logged
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2013, 05:44:38 PM »

I duly got an email to select which day 1 to play after my sat win in early Jan. I chose day 1b (Sat as it was then), but the day 1a special means Day 1b is actually day 1c.  Should I contact Nichola et al to doubly confirm I can only play Saturday, or will it all be fine and not to worry.

Hey

It's a good question as we did originally give you the choice between 2 day 1's and there obviously now 3.

I was planning on contacting all players to confirm, which I will do next week as it's nearer the event and more players will have decided Smiley

If you pm your real name I can put 1C next to your name and will save me a phone call Wink

Cheers Nicola

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2013, 06:17:36 PM »

Hey

It's a good question as we did originally give you the choice between 2 day 1's and there obviously now 3.

I was planning on contacting all players to confirm, which I will do next week as it's nearer the event and more players will have decided Smiley

If you pm your real name I can put 1C next to your name and will save me a phone call Wink

Cheers Nicola
richard Whiteley (rick117) did the same thing when he won a seat in the early sat. He told you 1b before it was 3 starting days too. He defo wants to play 1c the Saturday Ty .

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: