blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:50:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 255963 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2013, 07:54:14 PM »

Ed, do you want to explain to the young'uns what the title of the thread refers to? It was scarily before I bet some were born...

Most triumphant thread, BTW.

FAG!
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013, 07:58:12 PM »

Great thread, looking forward to the diary.GOOD LUCK!
Just googled GAS 7...
 Click to see full-size image.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013, 08:08:36 PM »

Just googled GAS 7...

This badboy is picking me up 130 tomorrow oioi!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2013, 08:08:55 PM »

Never had the pleasure of meeting either of you gentlemen, but looking forward to following this and expecting the newest diary on Blonde to be epic!!

I see Blackpool mentioned earlier, are you a Blackpool fan? If so, are you rooting for Thommo to be given the job for the time being?

Best of luck to you all!!

One of Ians (many hilarious) claims to fame came from him wearing an "I <3 Blackpool" T-Shirt on the final table of GUKPT Blackpool

Ha, I think I remember seeing a pic on Blonde now that you mention it.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2013, 09:00:10 PM »

Serious motivation FTW.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2013, 09:02:45 PM »

Ed, do you want to explain to the young'uns what the title of the thread refers to? It was scarily before I bet some were born...

FAG!

Eh?

Edit: just remembered. It's the hug scene, right?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:05:33 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2013, 09:25:38 PM »

FAG!

Eh?

Edit: just remembered. It's the hug scene, right?

*HUG*

Bill ->  Ted

Ted -> Bill

"FAAAAAAAG"

Tooooo funny.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2013, 10:10:13 PM »

Paragraphs with indented starts! What a hero!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2013, 02:49:05 AM »

Be excellent to each other. And... PARTY ON, DUDES!

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2013, 06:24:54 AM »

Never had the pleasure of meeting either of you gentlemen, but looking forward to following this and expecting the newest diary on Blonde to be epic!!

I see Blackpool mentioned earlier, are you a Blackpool fan? If so, are you rooting for Thommo to be given the job for the time being?

One of Ians (many hilarious) claims to fame came from him wearing an "I <3 Blackpool" T-Shirt on the final table of GUKPT Blackpool

Ian's a big Wednesday fan. Goes to all the games with Barry Neville.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2013, 08:01:54 AM »

barry just had some surgery last weekend. I know he reads blonde but he denies it. Speedy recovery Barry.

Is Gas7 the name of the car?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2013, 09:03:49 AM »

Not sure if I've recounted this before but said occurrence came about because Ian had only taken two days' worth of clothes for a three day comp, so unlikely did he believe it was that he would make day three.

Something like that. When I first sat at a table with Barry, and I really have no idea how this happened, I had got the impression he was a Sheffield United supporter. I innocently asked him, "Are you a blade, Barry?"

One can imagine the curtness of his reply as he rolled up his sleeve to show me his tattoo. He then questioned me in a similar fashion, eliciting a similar response. Apart from the tattoo.

This morning's entry will mostly centre around the minefield that is ordering a coffee in France:

Allez!!
edgascoigne

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2013, 09:05:37 AM »

Just googled GAS 7...

This badboy is picking me up 130 tomorrow oioi!

Pretty sure you've got the wrong end of the stick and should be keeping an eye out for this:

Allez!!
edgascoigne

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2013, 09:31:23 AM »

Ordering a coffee in France, perhaps more specifically Paris to be fair, is an absolute minefield.

Before people starting ordering hazelnut lattes, moccachoccalottafrothas and the like the very height of coffee sophistication was the oh-so-exotic sounding café au lait. In the same manner as the Cordon Bleu cookery school drew subscriptions from far and wide, this French concept drew in 80s punters like moths to a flame.
The problem here is that the French don’t actually drink ‘café au lait’. It’s a tarp.

Imagine the scene....you have some time in the world’s most romantic city (*cough, bullshit, cough*) and, in the mode of the classic flaneur, sit down at a cafe and order a café au lait. You are about to have your pants royally pulled down. At a reasonably nice looking cafe in Paris, a café au lait is liable to set you back 5-6Eur. Why? Because it’s the most ludicrously sized drink ever, served with the sole purpose of catching out tourists desperate to prove they are au fait with the language. Your coffee will be so big you could probably swim in it. Although only if you were wearing skimpy little budgie-smugglers as apparently board-shorts are unhygienic, <3 the French.

So, to avoid social embarrassment and poverty, what are your options?

Un Express

Strength: 8-10
Length: 1-3
Smugness at looking like a Frenchman rating: 5

The cheapest caffeine hit available in la France and pretty efficient as a pick-me-up. Often served in France with a small glass of water reminiscent of an eye-bath and a little dusted almondy-chocolate type thing.

Un Noisette

Strength: 5-7
Length: 4-6
Smugness at looking like a Frenchman rating: 8

The lesser-spotted Noisette is the perfect option for those who can’t quite handle the Express but like their coffee to put hairs on their chest. Often served as an Express with a small pot of milk to the side, this niche coffee is never ordered by tourists.

Un Crème

Strength: 4-6
Length: 6-8
Smugness at looking like a Frenchman rating: 10

Take that, French swine!! The Crème is the coffee that innocent interlopers are attempting to order when they request, in their very best French, “un café au lait s’il vous plait garcon”. The principal difference between the Crème and the Café au lait? The Crème will still be pleasantly warm when you reach its conclusion and cost you half as much.

Oh, but be sure to mimic the motion below when conversing with the barman for full effect, then you'll really have him rattled.

Allez!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2013, 09:34:06 AM »

Tell us about the perils of ordering a cup of tea in Paris, please. And the Smug Rating.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: