blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 254555 times)
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: August 06, 2013, 06:07:31 PM »

Best of luck Ian.

Rob just messaged me and told me to tell you that if you do win this, your amateur status will be removed, and you will no longer be allowed in the Friday night game.

Gogogo!!!

craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 06, 2013, 06:12:23 PM »

Just Iancredible! Pse pse run like a good un tommorrow and geeeeeeeeeet.

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 06, 2013, 06:18:08 PM »

Pretty hilarious update from just before conclusion for the day:

16:33 Gascoigne aired out (thanks to Full Tilt blog)

Marc MacDonnell opened to 4,000, Ian Gascoigne called in the big blind. The two took a flop.

Gascoigne check-called a 4,000 continuation bet. The turn was an interesting one, the  .

Check-check.

On the river Gascoigne checked a final time and MacDonnell chose to showdown his for queen high.

All his opponent could muster was two hearts , not interested in bluffing river the easy way, but rather the fun, check-raise way.

“He check-raised me like six times yesterday, I couldn’t handle it again!” MacDonnell told his tablemates with a laugh

Doesn't sound like you, dad?

Final Table

Steve O`Dwyer United States 528,500
Max Silver United Kingdom 253,800
Marc MacDonnell Ireland 184,100
Thomas Hall United Kingdom 177,600
Ian Gascoigne United Kingdom 83,000
Peter Murphy Ireland 42,000
Trevor Dinneen Ireland 35,100

Gogogogo Father Gascoigne!!

Allez!!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 06, 2013, 06:28:17 PM »

Will arrive tomorrow after and get straight on the live rail and be on permanent Gascoigne watch and update here for the fans!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 06, 2013, 07:52:31 PM »

Lol to the lol

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 06, 2013, 07:56:48 PM »

Best of luck Ian.

Rob just messaged me and told me to tell you that if you do win this, your amateur status will be removed, and you will no longer be allowed in the Friday night game. And also I will be allow into the game because I haven't win one yet .

Gogogo!!!

Good luck dude
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 06, 2013, 08:30:09 PM »

Have full tilt bloggers not seen the "ian Check raise gets it through gif?!"

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 06, 2013, 08:36:21 PM »

please can someone (Alex) point them in the direction of it? It will be hilarious if it makes the live blogging tomorrow

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 06, 2013, 09:00:44 PM »

glgl!

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 06, 2013, 09:18:11 PM »

please can someone (Alex) point them in the direction of it? It will be hilarious if it makes the live blogging tomorrow

would be a lock if it was stars but don't know anyone on the tilt blogging team, but will do my best tomorrow!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 06, 2013, 11:22:57 PM »

Well done on the FT.
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 07, 2013, 10:09:45 AM »

Awoke at 6 this morning by the dustbin men outside the hotel.Pretty standard. Couldn't get back to sleep so lay dozing listening to music through the headphones. Remarkable how relaxing that can be,half awake,half asleep....hearing lyrics you had missed and the music bringing  back memories of times,places and people. Kind of pleased I was woken up in a peculiar kind of way.
   Read the papers ( clever thing the IPad) and checked the work stuff. It's pretty quiet. We are becoming more continental and corporate Britain starts to close down in August.Not to the extent of France but slowly moving that way.
    Booked my return flight to Bham airport from Shannon ( clever thing IPad) and popped down to reception to let them know yes I want another night. ' No problem Mr.Partridge'.
     Sat in the anonymous ring road hotel makes me realise one of the perils of booking on Expedia and not doing a little more research in advance. I am sure there are some fascinating places to stay around Galway near the town centre or by the coast.This place is as dull as could be although the staff are pleasant as are most of the locals.
      Last week I was having breakfast and an enormous bloke asked if he could join me. He had the narled face of a sergeant in the New York Police but he was struggling to walk due to his weight and seemed a little breathless. I just knew he had some stories so we struck up conversation. You see places aren't about the places at all.They are all about the people. He was over for the Race Week. Had been coming over from Chicago for over 40 years having left Ireland as a 20 year old. He loved Chigaco where he 'was big in cement'. Galway races gave him chance to catch up with family and in particularly some of his 14 grandchildren. Imagine having 14 Granchildren. Having two children is responsibility,pleasure and anguish enough but 14. I cannot imagine how that must feel. I hope his health improves.He was a bear of a man with a kind countenance.
       I know a lot of Blonde readers also use Facebook. Following my recent trip to New York I started to follow a brilliant link called ' Humans of New York'. He is a street photographer and each day he posts a couple of photographs of 'normal people' who look interesting.He also asks them a few simple questions to get an insight into 'their story'. It's a truly brilliant site and I cannot recommend it enough.Simple,poignant,interesting. Really like the guys work. If you like social history,photography and people its fascinating.
       Talking of people the hotel is a 10 minute drive into town and I have been conducting 10 minute interviews with the Taxi drivers. They love to chat and find out how's 'the poker going' and you can tell their fascination for the game and a bit of a 'gamble'. One of the drivers was sad to be back in Galway. He was about 60 and had lived in Kilburn for most of his life.He loved London but found Galway too small  and claustrophobic. 'What did you do in London' I asked. I helped build the Channel Tunnel he replied. That and a bit of boxing. He was a heavyweight and fought in a big fight at Carrow Road in Norwich in front of over 10,000 people. I don't like fighting.I had a few when I was younger and never enjoyed the experience.It made me wonder what it was like fighting in front of 10,000 people. Again he had a wonderful kind face. He showed me where he had had 25 stiches in his eye lid. He gave me a mini tour of the town and didn't charge any more.He made me laugh when he pointed to the big imposing church and said ' it's on those steps where the English use to hang us fuckers, shame you didn't hang the fucking lot of us'. I think he felt more London than Irish.
          Well I am off to the beach now for a stroll and some excercise. Worst thing about this poker malarkey is the potential for it to destroy your health through sleep patterns,eating patterns,access to decent food and day light.Never mind the friggin stress and emotional ups and downs. Throw in a few pints of Guinness  and you are not going to make 90 lol.
          I wish I had a few more chips for this afternoon. Just to allow breathing space. I think I may have enough for one 'mistake' and know I have to be very careful. A double up would be brilliant or even a big hand when one of the short stacks pushes on my blind I suppose. There are some humongous stacks on the table so it's going to be a challenge. I think the two short stacks are going to sit tight and hope to ladder a few places which makes me think I should sit tight for a round and then just go mental . I mean,you are never that far behind in a hand are you?
        What could possibly go wrong?

Have fun,be kind and most of all don't forget......it's only a game. Life that is,not Poker.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 07, 2013, 10:28:32 AM »

Brilliant post Ian . Life is not about money . Agreed 100%. Anyway be lucky today .
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 07, 2013, 10:35:48 AM »

Wow, what a great Post. I love it when old folks ramble on.

This, too....

He loved Chigaco where he 'was big in cement'

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 07, 2013, 10:40:11 AM »

Awoke at 6 this morning by the dustbin men outside the hotel.Pretty standard. Couldn't get back to sleep so lay dozing listening to music through the headphones. Remarkable how relaxing that can be,half awake,half asleep....hearing lyrics you had missed and the music bringing  back memories of times,places and people. Kind of pleased I was woken up in a peculiar kind of way.
   Read the papers ( clever thing the IPad) and checked the work stuff. It's pretty quiet. We are becoming more continental and corporate Britain starts to close down in August.Not to the extent of France but slowly moving that way.
    Booked my return flight to Bham airport from Shannon ( clever thing IPad) and popped down to reception to let them know yes I want another night. ' No problem Mr.Partridge'.
     Sat in the anonymous ring road hotel makes me realise one of the perils of booking on Expedia and not doing a little more research in advance. I am sure there are some fascinating places to stay around Galway near the town centre or by the coast.This place is as dull as could be although the staff are pleasant as are most of the locals.
      Last week I was having breakfast and an enormous bloke asked if he could join me. He had the narled face of a sergeant in the New York Police but he was struggling to walk due to his weight and seemed a little breathless. I just knew he had some stories so we struck up conversation. You see places aren't about the places at all.They are all about the people. He was over for the Race Week. Had been coming over from Chicago for over 40 years having left Ireland as a 20 year old. He loved Chigaco where he 'was big in cement'. Galway races gave him chance to catch up with family and in particularly some of his 14 grandchildren. Imagine having 14 Granchildren. Having two children is responsibility,pleasure and anguish enough but 14. I cannot imagine how that must feel. I hope his health improves.He was a bear of a man with a kind countenance.
       I know a lot of Blonde readers also use Facebook. Following my recent trip to New York I started to follow a brilliant link called ' Humans of New York'. He is a street photographer and each day he posts a couple of photographs of 'normal people' who look interesting.He also asks them a few simple questions to get an insight into 'their story'. It's a truly brilliant site and I cannot recommend it enough.Simple,poignant,interesting. Really like the guys work. If you like social history,photography and people its fascinating.
       Talking of people the hotel is a 10 minute drive into town and I have been conducting 10 minute interviews with the Taxi drivers. They love to chat and find out how's 'the poker going' and you can tell their fascination for the game and a bit of a 'gamble'. One of the drivers was sad to be back in Galway. He was about 60 and had lived in Kilburn for most of his life.He loved London but found Galway too small  and claustrophobic. 'What did you do in London' I asked. I helped build the Channel Tunnel he replied. That and a bit of boxing. He was a heavyweight and fought in a big fight at Carrow Road in Norwich in front of over 10,000 people. I don't like fighting.I had a few when I was younger and never enjoyed the experience.It made me wonder what it was like fighting in front of 10,000 people. Again he had a wonderful kind face. He showed me where he had had 25 stiches in his eye lid. He gave me a mini tour of the town and didn't charge any more.He made me laugh when he pointed to the big imposing church and said ' it's on those steps where the English use to hang us fuckers, shame you didn't hang the fucking lot of us'. I think he felt more London than Irish.
          Well I am off to the beach now for a stroll and some excercise. Worst thing about this poker malarkey is the potential for it to destroy your health through sleep patterns,eating patterns,access to decent food and day light.Never mind the friggin stress and emotional ups and downs. Throw in a few pints of Guinness  and you are not going to make 90 lol.
          I wish I had a few more chips for this afternoon. Just to allow breathing space. I think I may have enough for one 'mistake' and know I have to be very careful. A double up would be brilliant or even a big hand when one of the short stacks pushes on my blind I suppose. There are some humongous stacks on the table so it's going to be a challenge. I think the two short stacks are going to sit tight and hope to ladder a few places which makes me think I should sit tight for a round and then just go mental . I mean,you are never that far behind in a hand are you?
        What could possibly go wrong?

Have fun,be kind and most of all don't forget......it's only a game. Life that is,not Poker.

Fantastic post sir. Best of British for today.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: