blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 10:04:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 259017 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2013, 03:27:21 PM »

Ian, Ed.

Veey sad to see this Diary reach the end of the road, it has been tremendous fun.

Thanks.

PS - Thanks for the Tweet, Ian, with that photo, what memories that brings me, of the journey from Paris, & the town. I recall trying to book a ticket to "Deauville Station" & there was no such station. I hope you don't mind, but I've reproduced below your photo. Pretty little station, huh?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2013, 04:38:55 PM »

Very amusing read. No need to stop, just keep posting imo!
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2013, 06:14:36 PM »

Very much this.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2013, 07:27:08 PM »

Very much this.

What those two wise and gorgeous men both said.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2013, 07:37:14 PM »

Wouldn't be surprised to see the three posters above me carrying Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh.

You should heed their words.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: February 06, 2013, 08:25:11 PM »

WISE MAN #3: We are astrologers.

WISE MAN #1: We have come from the East.

MANDY: Is this some kind of joke?

WISE MAN #2: We wish to praise the infant.

WISE MAN #1: We must pay homage to him.

MANDY: Homage? You're all drunk. It's disgusting. Out! The lot, out!

WISE MAN #1: No--

MANDY: Bursting in here with tales about oriental fortune tellers. Come on. Out!

WISE MAN #2: No, no. We must see him.

MANDY: Go and praise someone else's brat! Go on!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 06, 2013, 09:13:34 PM »

MANDY: Bursting in here with tales about oriental fortune tellers. Come on. Out!

<3 python so much.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 06, 2013, 10:52:53 PM »

I hope you had to google that dialogue! Knowing it exists is obviously acceptable, but....

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 23, 2013, 04:59:59 PM »

Next week the Father and I will both be in Galway taking in some horse racing, some Guinness and playing a modicum of poker.

Any interest in a light commentary?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:02:31 PM by edgascoigne » Logged

Allez!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 23, 2013, 05:39:15 PM »

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 24, 2013, 10:43:04 AM »

Hi Bill or Ted

Hell yeh looking forward to some guinnessed views of Galway.

Cheers
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 24, 2013, 04:31:32 PM »

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 24, 2013, 09:06:15 PM »

So looks like Ed has phoenixed the diary from our trip to France last year for some laughs this year in Galway. Well let's start with some background. Ed booked some time ago for a Monday to Friday gig built around the 'Galway Race Week' which I think is a big horse racing festival. For those of you who don't know Ed knows EVERYTHING about odds,value,price movements, the flow of money,jockeys,owners,conditions.....the list is endless.The only thing he cannot do is pick a winner. Apart from that he is a good guy to go racing with. His obsessive nerdish personality is perfect for horse racing.
            Anticipating huge losses on the track he expects to be able to win it back playing cash games all night with ' drunk Irish punters' over in Galway for the racing. He has high EV hopes here. If he wins more in the evenings than he loses in the days it will be a nut best week and he will return to poncy Wimbledon Village with enough cash to buy a frozen organic yoghurt from the corner shop.
              Last week I decided it would be good to watch this disaster unfold and checking my calendar saw I could escape the corporate machine at about 12.45 on Wednesday. I could make the dash from somewhere in London ( I could tell you but try not to mix work with pleasure) to Heathrow for the 15.15pm Aer Lingus  flight to Shannon. This will not be straight forward and still trying to work out best strategy for the dash from the City to Heathrow.
              Assuming safe catch of flight I have hired a car for the trip to be picked up at Shannon. I actually enjoy driving on holiday as I do,so little of it during the week.  ( slim).
              Drive to Galway and check into very expensive hotel ( due to race week or because its 5 star) whereas Ed has gone for some student digs to keep his costs right down as this trip is all about him winning money . Really ? I VERY MUCH look forward to updating both readers on his P&L account for this trip.
               At the moment I have a flight that is due to,return on the Saturday which is a bit silly as having got out there it would be more sensible to stay for a while and as I have actually booked holiday I could stay all week................
                So that's about it for now. I will keep a Guinness tally and once Ed shows me how to upload from my phone to this site I will also post the odd picture of Guinness glasses, very small towers of chips and Ed looking very serious if a little like a nob.
            I do hope loads of Blondes win loads is seats on DTD and make it over for what I am hoping will be an hilarious week. Any race tips,pub recommendations welcome.................... dad dont dance dad dont dance dad dont dance

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 24, 2013, 09:50:39 PM »

lol can't wait for the updates. Hoping to get out there myself although not 100% yet.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 24, 2013, 09:54:34 PM »

Ian,

To get from the City to Heathrow, the Piccadilly Line (1973 rolling stock, 6 car sets) is easily the quickest (45 minutes) if you don't mind mixing with the general public.

Highly recommended. The train, not the public.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: