blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 02:07:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 259118 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 01, 2013, 08:52:45 PM »

Finally!

Vodka isotonic

Now I can get on with something else. Good.

Sorry Tal that Lucozade isn't isotonic.

Ah! The element of surprise
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 01, 2013, 09:00:46 PM »

Finally!

Vodka isotonic

Really??

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 01, 2013, 09:06:55 PM »

How about a harvey luke-banger?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 01, 2013, 09:10:24 PM »

Finally!

Vodka isotonic

Really??

Lucozade Sport is the isotonic one.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 01, 2013, 09:11:17 PM »

Blarney Wall Banger

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 01, 2013, 09:22:24 PM »

Luke-driver.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 01, 2013, 10:10:37 PM »

Zadka must be

sounds a great trip - long wanted to go to Galway races - any chance stars make this a regular event?
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 02, 2013, 01:32:23 AM »

Gotta be Vodkozade surely?

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 02, 2013, 04:52:23 AM »

Lightweights....that is all I have to say on the subject Wink
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 02, 2013, 09:37:52 AM »

Phew. I sneaked away from 'The Village' early last night and slept remarkable well in my ring road hotel. For anyone travelling over there are plenty of hotel rooms that can be booked on site so no real need to book in advance. Prices were massively inflated this week ( race week) but normal service to be resumed after the weekend.
          Yesterday was great fun from start to finish. I hope the updates gave everyone a flavour. I left a rather tired Edward sat on a 1/2 cash table playing short stack ninja poker. He came here with the intention of making money from ' drunk guys who had been at the races all day'. Little did he know he would become one of them.
            Today I will be using the hire car for a bit of an explore. There are meant to be some fantastic beaches just north of Galway and with the sun shining today I am hopeful of a more peaceful day. At my age it's all about pacing yourself. Haven't really had much of a nose round Galway yet and that has to be done. It is clear that Ireland is still struggling after the carnage of the financial crash. It's economy was one that fell the farthest after the huge property bubble. All the talk of the 'Celtic Tiger' turned out to be a little inflated and the banks lent substantially to property developers to build buildings that were never really needed as well as lending money to individuals to buy domestic properties at massively inflated prices.It all went horrible wrong. Rates of personal debt are some of the highest in Europe,the economy remains very fragile and despite the natural optimism and warmth of the locals you sense a people who have had the stuffing nocked out of them and have become a little 'risk averse'. Had some lovely conversations with the taxi drivers taking me to the poker village. You can see they are all intrigued by the event and they love 'poker'. Countless questions about what is going on in the tented village. I think they think the €1,000,000 guarantee must be everyday.
            I have a decision to make as to how long I stay. Ed returns today and one of the major motivations was to spend some time with him. As the kids get older its harder to ' take them on holiday' so snatching little trips like this is precious. I remember reading somewhere that one of the best things you can give your kids are memories . Unfortunately I have a feeling Ed will not remember much about yesterday other than how it was his selections that secured the Placepot winnings which paid for the day. He only mentioned that 20 times on the coach back. Oh yes,the coach back. Introduced to 'Omaha' flips where I comfortably crushed Jake Cody as did did the rest of the party.  You see once you have a game with no skill required he's not that good. Actually I was very impressed with Jake. Well mannered,very calm.Enyoying his life but also clearly takes his responsibilities seriously and appeared very grounded. Hilarious run good when on arriving at the races he punts a horse within minutes which obviously comes in at about fives. Name of horse? ' The Golden Empire'. Thought Alex would like that.
           So time for breakfast now and then a steam and massage in the hotel spa before trying to find if Edward made it back to his student digs without getting a tattoo, bumraped and thrown in the harbour.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 02, 2013, 09:42:55 AM »

Nicely written, sir.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 02, 2013, 09:56:39 AM »

So time for breakfast now and then a steam and massage in the hotel spa before trying to find if Edward made it back to his student digs without getting a tattoo, bumraped and thrown in the harbour.   

Hello there sailor. Text me the details of your hotel and I will come and say hello.

Lightweights....that is all I have to say on the subject Wink

Where on earth did you chaps go? Remember not wanting to inflict myself on anyone as a partner in the doubles' pool tournament, then popped in for a spot of cash. Net result could have been much worse given I was arguably a little past my best, though equally I was very nearly the drunk idiot who wins everyone's money - regrettably I failed to hold with  all in on the turn of  against  for a 650Eur pot, sigh.

The trip has been almost exactly breakeven pokerwise, in fact, having done a tally this morning I have 60Eur less in my wallet than when I flew out.

Yesterday was rather a lot of fun. Thanks to Jake and Shaun for organising, and good to meet Foggsy. Always great when you get a bit of a sweat through the afternoon as so good for group morale. Locozade was a curious choice but I suppose it will at least have kept the blood sugar levels up.

Allez!!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 02, 2013, 01:55:52 PM »

Hilarious run good when on arriving at the races he punts a horse within minutes which obviously comes in at about fives. Name of horse? ' The Golden Empire'. Thought Alex would like that.

But The Golden Empire runs terrible! How could it win?!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 02, 2013, 02:18:05 PM »

Hilarious run good when on arriving at the races he punts a horse within minutes which obviously comes in at about fives. Name of horse? ' The Golden Empire'. Thought Alex would like that.

But The Golden Empire runs terrible! How could it win?!

Simple: started with the Goulden Empire and removed u.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 02, 2013, 02:34:42 PM »

It was called Golden Wonder anyway, won in a crisp manner Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: