blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 09:58:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 259168 times)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: May 16, 2014, 01:43:33 PM »

looking good. Where can i back it. Wink

Ian you havent started dabbling more online poker have you?

Some guy check raised me on 3 streets the other night, was convinced it was you. In fact i said in a skype group, ive just been gascoigned.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 16, 2014, 01:52:40 PM »

Certainly wasn't me. Don't play online and probably gonna just play comps going forward.Have contributed enough liquidity into the cash poker ecosystem. Loved playing the recent UKIP event at DTD and for some reason hated the cash........( probably because I played so bad).
    I will be posting updates when Bingo eventually gets a run out. Gonna be a lot of fun.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 16, 2014, 01:59:39 PM »

Certainly wasn't me. Don't play online and probably gonna just play comps going forward.Have contributed enough liquidity into the cash poker ecosystem. Loved playing the recent UKIP event at DTD and for some reason hated the cash........( probably because I played so bad).
    I will be posting updates when Bingo eventually gets a run out. Gonna be a lot of fun.

Good luck with it all!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 12, 2014, 12:41:21 PM »

Playing day 2 of the UKPC Six Max High Roller

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 12, 2014, 08:50:08 PM »

Playing day 2 of the UKPC Six Max High Roller

I taught him this one - try playing when your eyes are shut because you're rubbish with them open.

Allez!!
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 13, 2014, 02:26:54 PM »

Playing blind got me to about 15th when I flicked it in with AQ into the chip leaders KK. After a short break to lick wounds it was decided a short  trip to Nottingham Races with Mr and Mrs Scalie was in order only to be joined by Jim the Bookie. Much revelry was had by all including a few winners. The Guinness consumption was such that GAS 7 had to be left at the racecourse and a taxi ordered. Taxi arrived to pick the merry party up for the return to DTD. The taxi driver seemed quite knowledgeable about poker and it turned out he was a certain Wadey's brother. Once that was established and confirmed I gave  him my car keys and he arranged to return GAS 7 to my humble Nottingham abode. Seriously,what a coincidence.
     James and myself then bought into the main event satellite and although early hands were a little 'giggly' we soon got into the zone .  Scalie thought we had gone home and was startled to find us on the upper level grinding towards the bubble at about 2pm. Age and experience came to the fore and we glided into the final ten and wandered down to the cash desk to let them know which of the day ones we would like to partake in.
      Returned home to find GAS 7 tucked up nicely,keys posted in the letterbox and  everything just dandy. A surreal evening. Probably just as well I am on holiday this week. There is no way I could be a 'full time poker person' but for the odd few days at a time it's quite fun. For avid diary followers there is little to say about 'Bingo' for the time being. Hopefully some 'Bumpers' in October as we get ready for the build up to Cheltenham 

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 13, 2014, 03:46:12 PM »

Playing blind got me to about 15th when I flicked it in with AQ into the chip leaders KK. After a short break to lick wounds it was decided a short  trip to Nottingham Races with Mr and Mrs Scalie was in order only to be joined by Jim the Bookie. Much revelry was had by all including a few winners. The Guinness consumption was such that GAS 7 had to be left at the racecourse and a taxi ordered. Taxi arrived to pick the merry party up for the return to DTD. The taxi driver seemed quite knowledgeable about poker and it turned out he was a certain Wadey's brother. Once that was established and confirmed I gave  him my car keys and he arranged to return GAS 7 to my humble Nottingham abode. Seriously,what a coincidence.
     James and myself then bought into the main event satellite and although early hands were a little 'giggly' we soon got into the zone .  Scalie thought we had gone home and was startled to find us on the upper level grinding towards the bubble at about 2pm. Age and experience came to the fore and we glided into the final ten and wandered down to the cash desk to let them know which of the day ones we would like to partake in.
      Returned home to find GAS 7 tucked up nicely,keys posted in the letterbox and  everything just dandy. A surreal evening. Probably just as well I am on holiday this week. There is no way I could be a 'full time poker person' but for the odd few days at a time it's quite fun. For avid diary followers there is little to say about 'Bingo' for the time being. Hopefully some 'Bumpers' in October as we get ready for the build up to Cheltenham 

Cliffs:

1. Got drunk at races.
2. Gave car keys to a chap purporting to be Wadey's brother (see point 1).
3. Ran like God in a satellite.
4. Ran even better that the stranger genuinely was Wadey's brother.

Allez!!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 13, 2014, 03:53:10 PM »

He played the whole of last night's satellite in a green flat cap, having cvome straight from the races

which led me to think, does he have elements of each of the wardrobes he requires for a given week in his car boot, able to be worn at a moment's notice?

deerstalkers, flat caps, shooting sticks and barbours for the races or shooting?

pin stripes for the city?

The Clash T-Shirts for poker?

Roland Nillson Wednesday shirts for saturday afternoons?

A very adaptable man about town is Mr Gascoigne.

My eyes are open wide
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 13, 2014, 07:26:45 PM »

All the gear,no idea.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 14, 2014, 02:49:37 AM »

Love Ian's writing. Father and son should make an appearance in Barcelona next week.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 14, 2014, 10:08:08 AM »

That's very kind. Barcelona would have been terrific especially as Ed claims to speak Spanish having spent 4 years at Uni playing pool. We will try to fix up a little 'trip' soon as they are great fun. Definitely nailed on for Vegas in 2016 as he hits 30 just as I hit 60 with both birthdays within 8 days of each other and during the Main Event. In the meantime we may have to settle for Dublin,Paris,Deauville or the like. Good luck to your good self in Barcelona and all the other Blondes going,even Alex ( cannot find a cash game) Goulder.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 14, 2014, 01:24:32 PM »

That's very kind. Barcelona would have been terrific especially as Ed claims to speak Spanish having spent 4 years at Uni playing pool. We will try to fix up a little 'trip' soon as they are great fun. Definitely nailed on for Vegas in 2016 as he hits 30 just as I hit 60 with both birthdays within 8 days of each other and during the Main Event. In the meantime we may have to settle for Dublin,Paris,Deauville or the like. Good luck to your good self in Barcelona and all the other Blondes going,even Alex ( cannot find a cash game) Goulder.

If invited , will start saving now  dad dont dance
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:27:05 PM by bookiebasher » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 22, 2014, 02:37:53 PM »

ok i have tried to avoid asking, but as it must count as an excellente adventure

how exactly do you swing the junket to the Singapore Grand Prix?

as spectacular as it looks i bet?

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 24, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »

Drove alongside Gas 7 yesterday morning at Nottingham Knight. Ian sat in the back looking like he was trying to do some work whilst Smithers took him somewhere. Not exactly a low profile in that bullet proof BMW tank. How these Execs live huh?
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 27, 2014, 09:31:01 PM »

Tighty the firms bought a business with some offices in Singapore,Hong Kong and Shanghai. Hence I have to go over a few times a year.To make it bearable I try to coincide the visits with an event. Hence the 7's earlier in the year and the GP last weekend. Flew out Friday night and returned Monday night. Being jet lagged is a breeze if you are used to playing poker through the night.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: