blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:01:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com  (Read 134713 times)
MahoganyVic

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 29, 2013, 07:48:39 PM »

Excellent stuff as always BadBeat.

Personally I read the reviews as soon as they appear but wait til the betting plan is posted before I place wagers. I'm not as clued up on the NFL though as a lot of the people on here!
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 29, 2013, 07:57:27 PM »

You are all very kind. It's been a pretty decent season but I'm still slightly thinking I'd have made more if I'd have written once at noon and put the bets up then, having double the number of bets.

Does anyone read the early stuff and get stuck in straight away or do people wait and then bet the ones I go for?

Do people tend to use the early stuff to back-up/change their mind from the things they had been planning to do?

I'm just curious. I'm spending a lot of time on it, just let another afternoon slip away thinking about stuff for next Sunday. It helps when you are winning though.

Appreciate the support.

Think the early write up is fantastic and I'm sure we all get different things out of it, partly for me it helps me understand more about the game and it's great to see your thinking, however that being said I still wait for the later betting plan before jumping in.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 29, 2013, 07:59:03 PM »

"I see Des O'Connor's horse is running tomorrow"
"Is it?"
"It is. Got course and distance, carrying a stone less than it should and the ground is perfect for him"
"What price?"
"8/1"
"Eight to one?! That's a max bet isn't it?"
"No chance"
"You mean to tell me this super horse with all the perfect conditions isn't value at 8/1?"
"They've only gone and put Jamie Spencer on it"

I'm still belly laughing, great timing Tal.
kpnuts

KP Nuts: All Hat, No Cattle

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 29, 2013, 08:02:25 PM »

You are all very kind. It's been a pretty decent season but I'm still slightly thinking I'd have made more if I'd have written once at noon and put the bets up then, having double the number of bets.

Does anyone read the early stuff and get stuck in straight away or do people wait and then bet the ones I go for?

Do people tend to use the early stuff to back-up/change their mind from the things they had been planning to do?

I'm just curious. I'm spending a lot of time on it, just let another afternoon slip away thinking about stuff for next Sunday. It helps when you are winning though.

Appreciate the support.

Think the early write up is fantastic and I'm sure we all get different things out of it, partly for me it helps me understand more about the game and it's great to see your thinking, however that being said I still wait for the later betting plan before jumping in.

+1 ^^^^^^

@kpnuts134
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 29, 2013, 08:54:09 PM »

I read the full write ups, chuckle at the notion that someone has a record of how teams coming off bye weeks to play at altitude on a Sunday in October against teams wearing red fare against the spread when receiving first and then I wait for the final selections.

I have started this season to have enough familiarity with the sport to form my own views on which lines I like and, if they match yours, I go for it. Obviously, your bigger selections are autobets.

I'm a detail guy; I vastly prefer to understand the reasoning behind a bet, and the reasoning behind the bet sizing. It gives the selections credibility and enables me to make better decisions on my own.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 03, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »

Just remembered to remind you all that I posted my thoughts.

Tricky week. Took a long time. Hope it helps.

Will have some bets with a staking plan in an hour or so.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 04, 2013, 10:07:06 PM »

im clueless on NFL so just going to blindly follow you neil Smiley
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 10, 2013, 02:22:32 PM »

I posted my thoughts at noon as usual. It seems to take slightly longer each week. Bets will appear at 3pm hopefully.

You'll now only be able to see this if you pay. The price is £49.49 to the end of the regular season but we will give you your money back if the 49ers win the Super Bowl.

Hopefully you'll all be happy to carry on winning each week.
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 10, 2013, 03:29:22 PM »

All the bets for this week are there now, including a 12 point bet.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 10, 2013, 04:18:39 PM »

I appreciate the business model behind the site was always to go subscription based but disappointed it had gone subscription based at this point in the season. I would be interested on the ROI to a level stake because the bets strength seemed to increase after a bit of a bad spell.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 10, 2013, 04:35:34 PM »

By my reckoning Neil has gone 29-20 so he would be up 7 points or 8.16% ROI to a level stake.  Level stakes betting is almost always the wrong thing to do though and it is not as though the stakes have doubled or anything he might have added a point here and there but it has never really looked like chasing so I don't think there is really any evidence to support your hypothesis.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 10, 2013, 04:38:06 PM »

I'm in anyway leggooooooooo!

My ROI is about 30% better than it would be if I was picking my own Cheesy

JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2013, 04:45:43 PM »

I appreciate the business model behind the site was always to go subscription based but disappointed it had gone subscription based at this point in the season. I would be interested on the ROI to a level stake because the bets strength seemed to increase after a bit of a bad spell.

53 bets showing a ROI of +11.3% to level stakes by my spread sheet, slightly better than the +10.01% to suggested stakes.

I think you are mistaken about the increased stakes after a few losses. Apart from an occasional nap or 'max bet' as it were the stakes are pretty consistent apart from the first two weeks which were slightly smaller. The first two weeks showed a profit and ROI of over 24%.
MahoganyVic

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 11, 2013, 04:39:23 PM »

Now that the NFL stuff has gone subscription, are the picks released any earlier?

Understand completely why they are put up late as you guys need to get on first when potentially hundreds of people will be reading the page. Am just asking as a lot of the lines seem to have moved by the time the picks are up and it was a struggle to find many that were still available at the spreads/ prices quoted when I checked
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 11, 2013, 07:17:28 PM »

I wasn't planning to put them up any earlier. I write the stuff that goes up at noon in the time before that and some weeks it takes a couple of hours, maybe three. I just don't fancy getting up any earlier on Sunday morning.

I try to release the bets at 3pm. The reason I don't do it earlier is not really to do with me getting on. I just need a bit of time to devise the staking plan and narrow down the potential 12 bets to a manageable number.

I take about ten minutes to type those up and during that ten minutes I'm constantly refreshing oddschecker to see if the prices are freely available. I only tip things you can get with Ladbrokes/Hills/Corals/Betfred/Paddys/B365. I never tip things that are only available with a smaller firm who won't lay a bet and I try not to tip things that are only available with one of the big firms. If I do tip something at say 9.5 which is just with Hills I will say I would take 9.

All of this week's six were easily available at the prices at 3pm when they went up. there was considerable money for the under in the Detroit/Chicago game, the under in the Buffalo/Pittsburgh game and for the Rams +9 but you definitely had at least 30 minutes to get the prices.

I would stress that life is always better if you take best price and having a variety of accounts, including exchanges, has got to help.

nc
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: