blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:58:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com  (Read 134696 times)
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 13, 2013, 01:09:39 PM »

Hey Neil / Joe

Quick question. With your Premier League 'Overs' recommends, I understand you have a trusted computer programme that must suggest to you what the true price should be for each game (correct me if I'm wrong).

What I don't understand is why you always put up 'Overs' bets and never the 'Unders', surely it must consider the market wrong in the other direction sometimes to make the 'Unders' a bet?

We have been asked this question many times. We have crunched significant amounts of data and it does show a small profit doing the opposite and betting unders. Over 5 seasons it shows a profitable ROI of about 0.4%. If we get more time we will look deeper and spend more time on it. We could find more bets for sure but for the time being we are just picking out, what we believe, to be the most profitable ones.
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 15, 2013, 12:38:27 PM »

Quite excited about the NFL this week. Few I really like. Have just sent the early thoughts.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 21, 2013, 08:33:04 AM »

Joe/Neil do you have an affiliate link to sporting index if so can you post it, I need to open a spread account.
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 23, 2013, 01:52:26 PM »

Joe/Neil do you have an affiliate link to sporting index if so can you post it, I need to open a spread account.

Hi Omm,

We are slowly adding more affiliates to Bettingemporium but we haven't got around to the Spread firms yet. It won't happen until the new year at least now.

Thank you for thinking of us.

Cheers,

Joe
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 03, 2014, 10:57:38 PM »

Just in case anyone was wondering how we plan to approach the NFL play-offs I have put a short essay with an outright tip up and I plan to write something about the two Saturday games this week and next that will appear at around 3pm Saturday. At 5pm I'll suggest any bets I fancy. I'll do the same again on Sunday.

JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 22, 2014, 07:58:06 PM »

We have just posted a free preview of Superbowl XLVIII and also a calendar for events that we intend to cover over the coming months.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 23, 2014, 02:18:04 AM »

Royal Ascot missing?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 26, 2014, 01:38:17 PM »

Good spot Keith.

By the way we have our new guy Ian posting football now and I just had my first ever Turkish super league winner after a Portugese 2nd division and something from Finland.

Joe has followed Ian for a couple of years and we all know how much he values a pound note.

The stuff is free but you have to register.
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 29, 2014, 05:57:10 PM »

Twitter

Betting Emporium ‏@bettingemporium 8m

2 bets 2 winners for Brodders on Euro football today. Now 3 winning days from 3. FREE to all reg'd users.(+44 pts and an unsustainable +90.3% ROI)
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 29, 2014, 07:46:13 PM »

Looking forward to the  PLD's bets.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 30, 2014, 06:12:40 PM »

Any idea when the superbowl bets will be released?

thanks
GreekWay

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 31, 2014, 12:12:43 AM »

Great show on Sky Neil. Really enjoy it. I really wish they had you on more times. I don't know if that depends on you or them though. ;-)

You mentioned some Caribbean bookies during the show. Apart from Pinnacle, can you name some others that offer better odds than most UK bookies?

Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 31, 2014, 08:39:06 AM »

Hi Horsey,

Planning to put some things up on Saturday and more on Sunday.

Saturday is always a bit mental so I guess I'll do it late afternoon. Sunday I plan to have something up at 3pm and final words at 5pm.

Cheers Greeky. I'll have a go at your question a bit later.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 31, 2014, 09:19:13 AM »

Great show on Sky Neil. Really enjoy it. I really wish they had you on more times. I don't know if that depends on you or them though. ;-)

You mentioned some Caribbean bookies during the show. Apart from Pinnacle, can you name some others that offer better odds than most UK bookies?

Morning Greeky.

Seeing as you made that point (enboldened), I'll expand on it slightly.

When we have Guests, either for the poker, or betting Preview Shows, the Guests do NOT get paid. They just get their travelling expenses, &, if they travel from afar, a hotel room for the night.

Additionally, & this was quite a tough spot for Neil last night, they can ONLY promote Sky Bet Markets, for obvious reasons. Quite a tough spot, really.

He was also only allowed the briefest 15 or 20 seconds to spam Betting Emporium. There are reasons for that, & I understand them, but it's worth you & others being aware.

I've had several of my friends on as Guests in these situations, Tighty has been on several times, for instance, & these rules apply to them all.  I wanted Phil on (Bobby1) for our US Masters & Cheltenham Betting Shows last year, for example, but commercial conflicts of interest got in the way.

I must add that I'm very good friends with Mr Camel, & respect his judgement muchly, but I've never invited him on a Sky Bet financed Show. I'm not wholly convinced he would accept.........

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekWay

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 31, 2014, 10:21:09 AM »

Thanks for the reply TK.

I know that guests don't get paid so I think it definitely depends on them if they want to appear for 3-4 hours on the TV and I also believe that most of the guests come due to the fact that they honour your friendship. Well if Orford was the presenter I doubt Neil will have joined you so spot on for picking the eight presenter for that show. Smiley

I also understand how hard it is to promote Skybet and personally think it should be allowed to Neil (or any other guy that offers a betting service) to "spam" a minute or two about that. You know it could be like sky's sort of saying welcome for being on the show. Also BE is not like a direct competitor of Sky (not like Blackbelt) so I think a spam should be allowed.

I believe the quality of the betting previews has been very good so looking forward to watching some more in the future.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 10:33:15 AM by GreekWay » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: