blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:27:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com  (Read 134899 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: April 05, 2014, 09:44:11 PM »

Battle Group may not even line up and race,

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 06, 2014, 09:47:34 AM »

It's so sad that Cheltenham, Liverpool, Ascot and the Derby are so rare. It's literally the only time that you could ever run this kind of service as the bookmakers just will not take bets.

If we tried to run a monthly subscription with bets every day and we charged an amount that would attract the £30 a race punter we might have 200 people trying to all bet £30 on the same 8/1 chance at Ffos Las with Stan James and Bet365. They wouldn't even take £5 off most the people and everyone's accounts would soon get closed, we'd then have to start saying you can take 13/2 and then it's a lot harder to maintain a decent ROI.

The alternative is to attract £200 a race punters, charge 5x as much and only have a few subscribers but then they really won't have any chance of betting with half the clowns on Oddschecker.

If you ran a service that gave just a few really strong bets every four or five days then you could easily find things where 4/1 is fine if you missed the 6/1...I bet those things all the time and some people think I must be mad as I didn't get my £3.65 on overnight at 12/1. The problem with that is most people are not that patient...at least 20% of people who subscribed early for Cheltenham or Aintree sent a message in to ask why there were not lots of bets up three days before. I don't think people will pay and wait.

I'm pretty happy with how it's working right now. It s a lot of work on the actual weeks and I found I didn't work as smoothly as I liked with my own bets because I was busy typing for a few hours. I employ several people to help during the big weeks and I just have to organise better and work smarter.

In the next few days Ollie and I will be working on the Masters. He has really been in good form on the PGA tour over the last few months and he follows it more than most people I've ever met. The Masters offers such great value and they really do take bets so I'm excited about that. Dave is cracking away on the darts, Joe on the premier and Brodders on the European football. I love following all their stuff and you can read it for free. It's not so sexy backing 10/11 winners but that money is still money won and therefore sweeter than money earned.

I don't see how we can do another horse race before the Derby. Even the Guineas and Oaks have such weak markets.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 06, 2014, 10:57:21 AM »

Thanks guys, I thought I'd never get everything done today. Maybe the write-ups are too long. We have an all-night shop close by that isn't that close (800 yards). They get the papers at 4am. I got there at 3.50am. Stood in the shop waiting until 5am as the bloke was late. Just about got all my bets on and did the write ups but no time to eat or breathe. Still got a dozen texts asking what I fancied...I gave them 1...not the winner.

Personally, I love the detailed write-ups.

If I could change one tiny thing, I'd only like to see the reasons why you think (price/value excepted) you think a selection will win. You detail why you discard every horse (can't win because....) but not why the winner should win.   

I guess, in truth, if you tip 2 nice double-digit winners on a National afternoon, a one word write up would suffice.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 06, 2014, 11:56:13 AM »

It's so sad that Cheltenham, Liverpool, Ascot and the Derby are so rare. It's literally the only time that you could ever run this kind of service as the bookmakers just will not take bets.

If we tried to run a monthly subscription with bets every day and we charged an amount that would attract the £30 a race punter we might have 200 people trying to all bet £30 on the same 8/1 chance at Ffos Las with Stan James and Bet365. They wouldn't even take £5 off most the people and everyone's accounts would soon get closed, we'd then have to start saying you can take 13/2 and then it's a lot harder to maintain a decent ROI.

The alternative is to attract £200 a race punters, charge 5x as much and only have a few subscribers but then they really won't have any chance of betting with half the clowns on Oddschecker.

If you ran a service that gave just a few really strong bets every four or five days then you could easily find things where 4/1 is fine if you missed the 6/1...I bet those things all the time and some people think I must be mad as I didn't get my £3.65 on overnight at 12/1. The problem with that is most people are not that patient...at least 20% of people who subscribed early for Cheltenham or Aintree sent a message in to ask why there were not lots of bets up three days before. I don't think people will pay and wait.

I'm pretty happy with how it's working right now. It s a lot of work on the actual weeks and I found I didn't work as smoothly as I liked with my own bets because I was busy typing for a few hours. I employ several people to help during the big weeks and I just have to organise better and work smarter.

In the next few days Ollie and I will be working on the Masters. He has really been in good form on the PGA tour over the last few months and he follows it more than most people I've ever met. The Masters offers such great value and they really do take bets so I'm excited about that. Dave is cracking away on the darts, Joe on the premier and Brodders on the European football. I love following all their stuff and you can read it for free. It's not so sexy backing 10/11 winners but that money is still money won and therefore sweeter than money earned.

I don't see how we can do another horse race before the Derby. Even the Guineas and Oaks have such weak markets.

That all sounds fair enough Neil, pretty sure you will streamline it all somehow but it does all seem pretty smooth when reading on the site.That being said it can be frustrating when after paying for a service you are still waiting for bets at noon as normal life has to be set aside, but there are always two sides to a story and by the sounds of it you are not putting your feet up having a cup of tea so swings and swongs and all that.

I certainly love the write ups as well but by force of habit and time restraints if I have arranged something I will always place your recommends first and then go back and read the write up, more so that I can learn a thought process that will be useful for me. Something I would love to see which would be quite easy for you to do is highlight in bold or a background colour your recommends, anything to make them standout so they are quicker to see.

Anyway, big fan of what you and Joe are doing. Great work, hope it's paying off for both of you.
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 06, 2014, 12:22:23 PM »

With the Grand National I had written a lot of reasons detailing why I wouldn't back this and that and suddenly I looked at the clock and it was almost noon. I really wanted to get the race up by 11am and I thought I could take another 20 minutes explaining why I'm backing this 5 or I could get them up now.

Obviously the small-field stakes races are much easier to do, less horses to write about and the form easier to assess quickly, know most of the horses so well, often there is an established ante-poste market. I always try and do those 1st.

Yesterday I was coordinating a team of 10 people getting bets on and trying to read everything I could, as well as talking to a couple of other pros. In between that people asked me to get them bets on Football, rugby and a special bet (all of which won). There just aren't enough hours in the day on these big days.

I have considered using that sound cloud thing and making it audio. What do people think about that?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 06, 2014, 12:29:45 PM »

With the Grand National I had written a lot of reasons detailing why I wouldn't back this and that and suddenly I looked at the clock and it was almost noon. I really wanted to get the race up by 11am and I thought I could take another 20 minutes explaining why I'm backing this 5 or I could get them up now.

Obviously the small-field stakes races are much easier to do, less horses to write about and the form easier to assess quickly, know most of the horses so well, often there is an established ante-poste market. I always try and do those 1st.

Yesterday I was coordinating a team of 10 people getting bets on and trying to read everything I could, as well as talking to a couple of other pros. In between that people asked me to get them bets on Football, rugby and a special bet (all of which won). There just aren't enough hours in the day on these big days.

I have considered using that sound cloud thing and making it audio. What do people think about that?

Yes, I sort of guessed that (ran out of time), and its not a problem, it was just a sort of observation.

I've no idea what "sound cloud" is, but personally, I prefer the written word. I read faster than people talk, and I'm forever short of time. When we read something, our mind, very cleverly, filters out the sort of irrelevant stuff, the stuff that joins up & contextualises, & just reads the "important" bits.

Again, personally, but I very rarely listen to Podcasts or watch You Tube Vids which exceed 3 minutes in length, due either to attention defecit syndrome, or just lack of time. But no matter how long a written piece is, I devour all of it.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 07, 2014, 08:23:42 PM »

Masters Tournament at Augusta - Outright Betting Write Up by @OllieNoonan1 just published - FREE to all registered users.

If you are registering on the site for the first time please use the Blonde link  http://www.bettingemporium.com/?aff=blondepoker

thanks
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 26, 2014, 12:51:28 AM »

Will there be a set of TV BAFTAs tips?

(Have to ask these things...)

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 26, 2014, 08:01:43 AM »

Lol. No. I do quite like the BAFTAS, you can't really get a bet on and everyone knows the results though.

Focus on following Brodders on the footy, Joe's premier footy and Dave on the snooker and the Prem League darts and you should be raking it in lately.

I believe we are all now in profit.
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 27, 2014, 08:12:40 PM »

A pretty amazing day for us.

Brodders managed 10/12 and an amazing 10 winners from 10 bets in the Portuguese Second Division including winners at odds of 5.25, 4.33 and 5.5. Soccer write ups are currently still free to registered users.

I hope a few Blondes were on.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 20, 2014, 05:50:44 PM »

Hi guys, what's your plans for the World Cup?
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 20, 2014, 07:10:15 PM »

Hi guys, what's your plans for the World Cup?

McGlashan, your timing is pretty good.  Smiley We have been working on it for a couple of weeks but only updated the site this afternoon. We have just about finished and you can see what our plans are and who we have helping us with the World Cup.

Anyone signing up please use this link so that Blonde benefit: http://www.bettingemporium.com/?aff=blondepoker

There is a free preview on various markets regarding England up on the site already and there should be at least one more free article to come.

We plan to publish several ante post write ups and then daily ones once the first game starts on the 12th June.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 20, 2014, 07:20:48 PM »

Yeh I might of noticed it on your site when looking up Brodders tips Wink the guys showing a good return.
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 21, 2014, 12:28:58 PM »

Bettingemporium World Cup Squad ;-)

JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 22, 2014, 03:07:32 PM »

We have just published another free to read article on the site written by 'Rory' - 'Brazil Value?'

On Mon 26th May we will be publishing a full write up on the Outright betting & Group markets with some great recommended betting selections!

Anyone signing up please use this link so that Blonde benefit: http://www.bettingemporium.com/?aff=blondepoker
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: