blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:15:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sky Sports Televised cash games, starring...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Sports Televised cash games, starring...  (Read 23091 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2013, 06:02:12 PM »

It's been really fun so far, not deadly serious but very good fun

only bad point for me is the onscreen graphics are driving me mad, the 4 colour decks are annoying and the very fast/large graphics are too much, other than that really enjoyable

Very good point about the 4 colour graphics.

This series has been my baby, from cradle to grave, & it has done exactly what I wanted, but it has stressed me to death to be honest. It exactly fulfilled the brief, though, & even though I had seen every moment of it being made, I was quite surprised when I first viewed the final Edit, as the 4 colour card graphics clashed with the 2 colour real deck.  It had never occurred to me, or anyone wlse, to be honest, until we viewed it.

Having said that, it is no big deal, & won't change anyone's views of the Show one way or another. The main drawback is that the Show is specifically aimed at those who currently do NOT play poker, (acquisition ftw) so for them of all people, it must be a tad confusing.

Planning for the next series (a little different in format but the same "smile, it's poker" message) has already begun, in which we will address areas we think could have been done better.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2013, 06:56:09 PM »

I like the 4-colour deck.  Some of the graphics are a bit strange though, and also a bit large at times.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2013, 07:15:23 PM »

any links to where we can watch online ??

The 6 part series on Sky Sports is not streamed.

It starts next Monday (18th February) @ 9pm on Sky Poker, Channel 861, & that can also be viewed via internet stream. It will be (endlessly) repeated on Ch 861, but Episodes will always be 2 weeks behind the originals on Sky Sports for "Rights" reasons. 

The Sky Sports episodes net out to 45 minutes, the Channel 861 versions will be a net 55 minutes per Show.

I have a full schedule of "repeat" tx dates on Ch 861 if you wish them.

Hope you enjoy it.

Will it still be shown on SP3?

Ah! The element of surprise
Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2013, 02:34:45 PM »

only bad point for me is the onscreen graphics are driving me mad, the 4 colour decks are annoying and the very fast/large graphics are too much, other than that really enjoyable

The main drawback is that the Show is specifically aimed at those who currently do NOT play poker, (acquisition ftw) so for them of all people, it must be a tad confusing.

It was actually my missus that brought the subject of the 4 colour decks up so that goes along with your thinking

overall though congrats and thanks for a good show Smiley

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2013, 03:28:35 PM »

This series has been my baby, from cradle to grave, & it has done exactly what I wanted, but it has stressed me to death to be honest. It exactly fulfilled the brief, though, & even though I had seen every moment of it being made, I was quite surprised when I first viewed the final Edit, as the 4 colour card graphics clashed with the 2 colour real deck.  It had never occurred to me, or anyone wlse, to be honest, until we viewed it.

Having said that, it is no big deal, & won't change anyone's views of the Show one way or another. The main drawback is that the Show is specifically aimed at those who currently do NOT play poker, (acquisition ftw) so for them of all people, it must be a tad confusing.

Planning for the next series (a little different in format but the same "smile, it's poker" message) has already begun, in which we will address areas we think could have been done better.

You did a good job, thought the format was quite entertaining for new players. It would be interesting if you included one different random rec player each episode. Think it would be an good dynamic for people to see how joe bloggs could perform against high profile regs. If the message is about inclusion then including one sky viewer at the table and actually in the environment would lessen that fear factor for newcomers. Obv the times when the rec busts up the pros it would make dynamite appeal to that novice audience. And tbf with the standard of play I saw the rec would stand a good chance.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2013, 03:33:35 PM »

Incidentally I think that would work much better than digging up sports stars from the grave who just sit there check folding. Get people who can play and want to play. Maybe they can keep their profits like that other poker show (but don't do it like that other poker show which is horrible).

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2013, 03:39:31 PM »

Big fan of stapes and he is well liked in the poker community so you best get used to him!

He was mainly in the poker podcasting world before getting the gig on "the big game" and he self admittedly isn't a great strat guy but is there for corny one liners etc. I think his best work was two jacks in the hole/ huff and stapes which was a comedy podcast nothing to do with poker where you get a more rounded view of his comedy.

Virtually never watch poker on tv any more, so fortunately I won't have to get used to him, unless ESPN replaces Norman Chad with him for WSOP shows.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2013, 05:03:41 PM »

Incidentally I think that would work much better than digging up sports stars from the grave who just sit there check folding. Get people who can play and want to play. Maybe they can keep their profits like that other poker show (but don't do it like that other poker show which is horrible).

A "win your seat to the next series" promotion on the online site would be nice I agree, probably would have needed to plug it on air whilst this series is running though so maybe too late for that

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2013, 09:27:54 AM »

any links to where we can watch online ??

The 6 part series on Sky Sports is not streamed.

It starts next Monday (18th February) @ 9pm on Sky Poker, Channel 861, & that can also be viewed via internet stream. It will be (endlessly) repeated on Ch 861, but Episodes will always be 2 weeks behind the originals on Sky Sports for "Rights" reasons. 

The Sky Sports episodes net out to 45 minutes, the Channel 861 versions will be a net 55 minutes per Show.

I have a full schedule of "repeat" tx dates on Ch 861 if you wish them.

Hope you enjoy it.

Will it still be shown on SP3?

Yes, all six Episodes will air on Sky Sports 2 or 3.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2013, 09:29:25 AM »

You did a good job, thought the format was quite entertaining for new players. It would be interesting if you included one different random rec player each episode. Think it would be an good dynamic for people to see how joe bloggs could perform against high profile regs. If the message is about inclusion then including one sky viewer at the table and actually in the environment would lessen that fear factor for newcomers. Obv the times when the rec busts up the pros it would make dynamite appeal to that novice audience. And tbf with the standard of play I saw the rec would stand a good chance.

You make a fair pooint there MANTIS, but many recreational players do not exactly look good on TV. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »

Possibly, but it is the Sports Celebs, that attract the cross-sell audience, the non-poker audience from the much bigger audience their sports attract, & that gives us the sign-ups. It is about acquisition.

"from the grave". Fair point, but current day sporting icons cost a bunch of money. In fairness, I would not suggest you tell James Haskell to his face that he is "from the grave" either. He is on the large side, & prone to bouts of short-temper....... Incidentally, Mr Hsaskell joins the Show for Episodes 3 & 4, & he was highly entertaining. Rob Yong spoke disparagingly about his suit, & James then got on Rob's case about his hair, & they sparked off wonderfully.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2013, 09:36:08 AM »

Big fan of stapes and he is well liked in the poker community so you best get used to him!

He was mainly in the poker podcasting world before getting the gig on "the big game" and he self admittedly isn't a great strat guy but is there for corny one liners etc. I think his best work was two jacks in the hole/ huff and stapes which was a comedy podcast nothing to do with poker where you get a more rounded view of his comedy.

Virtually never watch poker on tv any more, so fortunately I won't have to get used to him, unless ESPN replaces Norman Chad with him for WSOP shows.

The Stapes debate is interesting, dividing as it seems to, opinion both sides of the line. He seems to be Marmite Man. Just shows, you can please some of the peeps some of the time, da de da. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2013, 09:39:03 AM »

A "win your seat to the next series" promotion on the online site would be nice I agree, probably would have needed to plug it on air whilst this series is running though so maybe too late for that

But that misses the point, Karl - the Series was not commissioned to squeeze MPU from the existing player-base, that is already done in many other ways, including, & uniquely for a UK facing poker site, a 24/7 dedicated TV Channel.

This was specifically aimed at attracting new players, & was most definitely not aimed at the existing player-base. You have to do one or the other, mixing & matching dilutes the strength of the message.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2013, 09:39:34 AM »

Sat with the Rastafish tonight and apart from occasionally watching a film on his iPad he was his usual Funtime Guy. Pretty impressed with how he took flopping a set of 5's and coming up a flopped set of kings.

Devilfish probably would have done it for free Tony.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2013, 09:42:07 AM »

Sat with the Rastafish tonight and apart from occasionally watching a film on his iPad he was his usual Funtime Guy. Pretty impressed with how he took flopping a set of 5's and coming up a flopped set of kings.

Devilfish probably would have done it for free Tony.

Yes, we were offered him, but we declined. He was not exactly what we wanted, he did not meet the required criteria.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: