blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:27:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris  (Read 146630 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2013, 02:49:18 PM »

Not sure hes got a lot to apologize for, he had a go at a guy for an awful play.

This.

Let's stamp out awful play once and for all.

With a little effort, we could soon have all our opponents playing excellent poker  Tongue

Would also like to point out that I didn't have a go at the guy after the hand, I merely asked the dealer to clarify as to whether the gentleman in question had a straight. The sum of my "having a go" was the bowl comp comment, which I do regret posting.

I'm a lot calmer than I used to be :p

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2013, 02:55:47 PM »

Not sure hes got a lot to apologize for, he had a go at a guy for an awful play.

This.

With a little effort, we could soon have all our opponents playing excellent poker  Tongue

Would also like to point out that I didn't have a go at the guy after the hand, I merely asked the dealer to clarify as to whether the gentleman in question had a straight. The sum of my "having a go" was the bowl comp comment, which I do regret posting.

My tounge-in-cheek comment wasn't aimed at you Matt, but at verndog's statement, which I quoted.

The older I get, the better I was.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2013, 03:00:13 PM »

This.

With a little effort, we could soon have all our opponents playing excellent poker  Tongue

My tounge-in-cheek comment wasn't aimed at you Matt, but at verndog's statement, which I quoted.

Sorry matey, still getting used to this internet thing I'm afraid!

(With a sheepish grin) Maybe people could write down the expressions on their faces and put their intonation in stars before/after a sentence? Would save me making a tit of myself quite so often :p

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2013, 03:03:06 PM »

and we all know u dont need any help with that rexas Wink

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 23, 2013, 03:08:46 PM »

I picked on Alex for his falling asleep at the wheel comment. If a professional poker player can't see why writing derogatory comments about his opponents on a public forum is wrong then he also won't be able to see why people don't want to play with him all of a sudden. Unfortunately, I only have a quarter of a life to lead, but if you checked, and I'm sure Alex can assure you of this, he took a lot of stick when he started out too, and would take more if he wrote like that now as well. I like Matt, he seemed like a sound lad when we've met, but unfortunately finding someone on THM and posting about how he never cashes anything other than bowl comps is really poor form. What would Matt have said if the guy had one a bracelet? What about a smattering of London comps? It was wrong of him to post like that, and that is my opinion. If people don't express their opinions on diaries then they will also die out/not be as interesting. Matt is always free to tell me to piss off if he disagrees.

P.S Please don't judge me on my herbie mob, unfortunately the two times i reached the final 18 I couldn't win a flip Sad
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:11:58 PM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 23, 2013, 03:15:57 PM »

I picked on Alex for his falling asleep at the wheel comment. If a professional poker player can't see why writing derogatory comments about his opponents on a public forum is wrong then he also won't be able to see why people don't want to play with him all of a sudden. Unfortunately, I only have a quarter of a life to lead, but if you checked, and I'm sure Alex can assure you of this, he took a lot of stick when he started out too, and would take more if he wrote like that now as well. I like Matt, he seemed like a sound lad when we've met, but unfortunately finding someone on THM and posting about how he never cashes anything other than bowl comps is really poor form. What would Matt have said if the guy had one a bracelet? What about a smattering of London comps? It was wrong of him to post like that, and that is my opinion. If people don't express their opinions on diaries then they will also die out/not be as interesting. Matt is always free to tell me to piss off if he disagrees.

P.S Please don't judge me on my herbie mob, unfortunately the two times i reached the final 18 I couldn't win a flip Sad

Guys come on, I've acknowledged that what I've said was wrong and ool, not sure what else I can do? I do see what the problem is and I do get that I need to learn how to write a little more diplomatically. I don't judge people on their hendon mobs, mine isn't anything special and a lot of the players I rate very highly (list on here aside) have very little in the way of hms. 

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 23, 2013, 03:18:31 PM »

Guys come on, I've acknowledged that what I've said was wrong and ool, not sure what else I can do? I do see what the problem is and I do get that I need to learn how to write a little more diplomatically. I don't judge people on their hendon mobs, mine isn't anything special and a lot of the players I rate very highly (list on here aside) have very little in the way of hms. 

It wasn't directed at you.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 23, 2013, 03:20:43 PM »

Chris, I think what Nik is trying to say is that it was quite a degrading and an unnecessary comment to be posted.

Whilst it is true that Matt can post whatever he wants in his blog, a few readers on here do play these 'bowl' comps and might take offence to such a comment.

Also, the point that Matt used to play these but doesn't anymore, the comment does come across as him now saying that he is above them (Matt, I know this isn't what you intended but just pointing out how it might come across)

I mean, the comment is a personal flame toward the player and shouldn't be a necessary part of a hand history. I mean I've never cashed in a 'bowl' comp and would hate for someone to comment like that about me...

I said i used to play them for a living, not that I don't anymore. I can tell you that I've played 17 of the sort of comp that I was referring to in the last three months, I definitely don't feel like I shouldn't play them because I'm "too good", I don't think anyone is ever too good for any form of the game.

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2013, 03:24:34 PM »

Chris, I think what Nik is trying to say is that it was quite a degrading and an unnecessary comment to be posted.

Whilst it is true that Matt can post whatever he wants in his blog, a few readers on here do play these 'bowl' comps and might take offence to such a comment.

Also, the point that Matt used to play these but doesn't anymore, the comment does come across as him now saying that he is above them (Matt, I know this isn't what you intended but just pointing out how it might come across)

I mean, the comment is a personal flame toward the player and shouldn't be a necessary part of a hand history. I mean I've never cashed in a 'bowl' comp and would hate for someone to comment like that about me...

I said i used to play them for a living, not that I don't anymore. I can tell you that I've played 17 of the sort of comp that I was referring to in the last three months, I definitely don't feel like I shouldn't play them because I'm "too good", I don't think anyone is ever too good for any form of the game.

Did you read the bit in brackets where I said that I know this isn't what you are saying, but that is how it might come across?

Just trying to come out of this not looking like a total dick, evidently this isn't going very well :p

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2013, 03:28:02 PM »

Did you read the bit in brackets where I said that I know this isn't what you are saying, but that is how it might come across?

Just trying to come out of this not looking like a total dick, evidently this isn't going very well :p

Just calm down Matt Wink

k Smiley

adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 23, 2013, 03:33:31 PM »

Matt the only way you come out not looking like a dick on the Internet is just shut up! This is obviously affecting you, you have made it clear you regret what was said and everyone has said there 2 cents and that's that. Just leave it now.

On an aside I feel this fiasco should be taking into consideration in regards to your work on mental game. You should be thankful players make "bad" plays. It's how we are able to make money.

If someone offered to flip a coin with you and give you £55 if its heads and you give them £50 for tails. You would never ever ever say anything that would make them want to stop doing it. You are grateful they haven't realised they are always going to lose long term. This analogy hold true for downswings as well, you won't be complaining oh man he had hit 20 tails in a row. You will keep playing with him knowing you will always come out on top remaining gracious throughout so they keep playing with you.

I know that is semi unrelated but I do think there are mental game lessons to be learned here as well

Pseudo Irish guy luckboxing through life Wink
twitter: adiman999
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 23, 2013, 03:41:27 PM »

i agree with our irish fellow. you cant keep everyone happy, im sure if u called it a anything else, someone would have moaned at you. cant wait to see the next blog post when u call the super50 a 'beaker' comp Wink

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2013, 03:46:03 PM »

The weather has cooled down a bit now, eh?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2013, 03:46:11 PM »

Seeing as we are on mental game here

I will point out that there is a phrase you use in your diary title 'one time' that according to Jared Tendler makes you a mental game fish

Thought you might be interested to know that Smiley

And this is news to who? Wink

adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 23, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »

Seeing as we are on mental game here

I will point out that there is a phrase you use in your diary title 'one time' that according to Jared Tendler makes you a mental game fish

Thought you might be interested to know that Smiley

And this is news to who? Wink

You.

Seeing as you have never read his book Smiley

Think he was referring to him being a mental game fish

Pseudo Irish guy luckboxing through life Wink
twitter: adiman999
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: