blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:38:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris  (Read 147321 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 01, 2013, 05:37:51 PM »

Loved the post on Pompeii! I might have to add it to my list. It looks incredible, and it seems like it would be surreal to visit.

Also, good luck with your uni course! Are you an English major by any chance?

Yup Smiley Second year Smiley

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 01, 2013, 05:46:45 PM »

Well, I'm about to sit back down to another 1000 hands, but first I'd like to share a few things about my day, which was made by two things...

The first is that Adrian is currently going mental on facebook because he's locked out of his house. This is unbelievably funny, and I do hope it's raining. Friends like these, huh? Wink

The second happened on my way into uni. I drove, because I'm lazy and getting fat (two are obvs not linked), and as I made my way into the car park, I got stuck behind another car trying to find a space. To be honest, it didn't look good. The car park is pretty long, with a couple of corners and extensions and whatever, but it looked like it was totally full. The car in front obviously decided this before checking out the whole place, and made a big show of turning round and giving up. I was about to do the same, until I saw an older lady come running up to me, signalling at me to wind down my window. I did, and she asked me if I was looking for a space. I said yes, and she then explained to me that she was on her way back to my car, and I could have her space. I said thank you, and spent the time walking to my lecture in wonder at people. The fact that she noticed the problem, and had the courage to walk up to a complete stranger, bearing in mind I've got a fuck massive beard and was wearing a beanie and a hoodie, genuinely made my day. It's the little things, the small acts of kindness, that make some people absolutely wonderful. It's a shame they're so rare that they're worth blogging about. Thank you, ma'am.

Took her fucking time getting out the space though.

adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 01, 2013, 05:54:32 PM »

The first is that Adrian is currently going mental on facebook because he's locked out of his house. This is unbelievably funny, and I do hope it's raining. Friends like these, huh? Wink

It's all good! I got in Smiley I traverse the wall and absaled in through the sky light Wink either that or George got home and let me in, I always get the two mixed up, I can never remember

Pseudo Irish guy luckboxing through life Wink
twitter: adiman999
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 01, 2013, 08:49:24 PM »

Took her fucking time getting out the space though.

gold
BMoney

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 03, 2013, 12:09:14 PM »

Loved the post on Pompeii! I might have to add it to my list. It looks incredible, and it seems like it would be surreal to visit.

Also, good luck with your uni course! Are you an English major by any chance?

Yup Smiley Second year Smiley

Cool! I almost took English in University, but I knew I wouldn't be able to handle the amount of reading. So, I took Professional Writing instead. How are you liking the course so far? I should run my novel by you sometime! 
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 05, 2013, 06:14:09 PM »

I wouldn't mind running like dogshit in games 30x smaller than what you played yesterday and ran well in!

Edit: sigh you deleted. Rookie from me not to quote.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 10:18:06 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 05, 2013, 09:56:37 PM »

Runs bad online.... Gets hour massage.
First world problems.
adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 05, 2013, 10:25:31 PM »

Runs bad online.... Gets hour massage.
First world problems.

This

Pseudo Irish guy luckboxing through life Wink
twitter: adiman999
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 06, 2013, 02:09:44 PM »

life of a #bowla... sorry i mean #balla!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 12, 2013, 07:07:34 PM »

Well,  would be updating this, but I've gone to Barnsley for the weekend for a proper bowl comp.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 12, 2013, 08:04:27 PM »

Well,  would be updating this, but I've gone to Barnsley for the weekend for a proper bowl comp.

haha i love this, and I know what your actually talking about!!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 12, 2013, 11:36:55 PM »

haha i love this

This.

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 18, 2013, 04:13:02 PM »

Bowl comp

Every year, the best four tenpin bowlers in the USA go head to head against the four best in Europe, in a similar set up to the ryder cup. A good friend of mine plays for Europe in this tournament, and every year a pretty massive contingent of his friends and family make the trip up to Barnsley to rail him and support the team, whilst consuming copious amounts of beer. Unfortunately, the team got smashed (in more ways than one) 17-7 last year. After some reshuffling of the team, they came back this year to win in a proper nail biting finish 14-17. The atmosphere towards the end was absolutely fantastic.

This, coupled with my completion of my phase one coaching certificate and the rejuvenation of the Loughborough uni bowling team, has reignited my passion for the game. I've barely even touched my balls (lol) since june, but now I can't wait to get back on the lanes. The new additions to the team are improving and seem really committed to learning the sport. With any luck, by the time the big tournaments come round, we'll have an even stronger team than last year and win the double.

Poker

BLEURGH #doyouknowhowmuchmoneyidwinifineverhadpremiums

Ofc comp was fantastic fun. The banter was incredible, the slow rolls brutal, and I will definitely be attending this whenever I can. Hopefully we can build a player base over the coming weeks and make this a real success.

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 18, 2013, 04:26:47 PM »

Anyway, I was going to write a little more in that last post, but internet explorer is shit, so it didn't let me. Have now switched back to chrome (which wasn't working half an hour ago) and we're away again.

Hair Loss

Time for a diary merge Cheesy

Myself, Sir Sean of Belton and the hero that is Sam Powell, a well loved dealer at dtd, are shaving all of our hair off on the 21st of November.

All through the year, Sam's father has been battling with stomach cancer. Many families have been affected by cancer, and if you are a part of one of these, you will know how tough this battle is. The people at Macmillan Cancer Support do their utmost to make this fight as easy as possible, a job they are currently doing for the Powell family. We wanted to give something back to these fantastic people, and show our support for Sam's dad, the man himself, and his family during this tough time. Our response is to organise this head shaving and ask our friends, family, and anyone and everyone to donate to this endeavour. All donations will go directly to Macmillan cancer support to help them continue to provide the support that can make all the difference.

Here is the "before" photo. The crowd currently seems to want me to go bald but keep the beard, and of course if this is what they want, this is what they will get.

We will be fundraising over the coming weeks and trying to drum up as much support as we can. Please feel free to approach any of us and donate, or give us pointers on style etc. Personally, I have had long hair in some way for most of my life, so I'm a little apprehensive. Either way, lego blonde!

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 18, 2013, 05:19:39 PM »

Gl guys, will donate next time at club.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: