blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:51:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 369494 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: September 24, 2013, 10:46:18 AM »

I've got some tokens through the cash games, but can't get to the club on Saturday before 6-ish.

With only a couple of tokens, don't think I'll be able to blind away and come back to any chips! Have to actually play a day 1 first as well Cheesy But will be there at some point, for cash games if nothing else. You?

Of course I'll be there, I practically live there at the weekends. Cheesy
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: September 24, 2013, 12:03:06 PM »

I've got some tokens through the cash games, but can't get to the club on Saturday before 6-ish.

With only a couple of tokens, don't think I'll be able to blind away and come back to any chips! Have to actually play a day 1 first as well Cheesy But will be there at some point, for cash games if nothing else. You?

Play an online Day 1 (or two) and get at least a min cash of £250 if you make Day 2. DTD have gifted you the opportunity and it seems rather churlish to not take it.
This, Grabbed my on the online cash

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: September 27, 2013, 01:38:10 PM »

It's been an uneventful week poker-wise. I got my gym buddy back for a few days before he headed off to Ireland for the week, and having someone to train with has allowed me to push myself harder and well, I've just been exhausted. Got back to work on Thursday and immediately ran incredibly badly, with a few coolers going the wrong way, kings less than you-name-it, and I tried flipping against stato which went as well as can be expected! It was so sick, in fact, that I actually got the sniffles and had to spend yesterday horizontal one way or another. Gave me some quality time on GTA V. Oh, and with Beth, of course.

Going to hit the gym and the felt today, for I cannot be stopped by a mere virus. Hopefully the right people bust their last Grand Prix efforts at the right time and we get a £2/5 holdem or a £2/2 dealers or something. I've not given the Grand Prix as much of my time and money as I was hoping to, mainly down to fatigue and sickness.

Anyway it's Friday, you guys didn't come here to read, you came here for an audio/visual presentation of the week's internet findings, so here they are:

Everything went better than expected

Sushi burrito, anyone?!

Click to see full-size image.

...kitten burrito? Anyone?

Music-wise, I've needed something a little tougher than usual to get me through the week. You know I love chillout/liquid/ambient as much as the next guy, but what about when you're trying to get the hell off the sofa and get yourself psyched up? How about 87 tracks from the dirty drum and bass and dubstep archives in a seamless 85 minute set? I was blown away by this guy's selection and technical ability and it is incredibly listenable. You will need to apologise to your neighbours and eardrums, and probably get your double-glazing company on speed-dial.

Here it is on Soundcloud.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: September 28, 2013, 10:35:33 AM »

Yesterday's 2/5 game was pretty fun; we had some great banter, and I got to play a range of stack sizes! Let me explain...

I'd been sat down about 15 minutes, and this was probably the second time I'd volunteered chips into the pot; I've got in MP. I'll spare the entire hand history, but what I will say is that I flopped the nut full house and lost £750. Jacks are tricky to play Wink

Rather than reloading, I took a few minutes, played a few hands to shake it off. I never feel that bothered by these hands, coolers are coolers aren't they, but everyone expects me to be bothered by it. If I reload for £1k immediately, I'll probably get isolated all over the place because everyone thinks I'm steaming. Our road to recovery started with on . I was all in on the flop for £260 each and had to hold against . Held. Was not all-in for the rest of the night and cashed out a £1,600 profit. Cheesy

Will be back in later and hopefully with all the traffic we can score another £2/5 game.

Good luck to all Blondes left in the Grand Prix.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: October 02, 2013, 01:08:21 PM »

The weekend was an absolute grind. Put in about 20 hours, and made about £60. This actually represents a greater than 100% increase on my hourly YTD, but I like sessions in which I win or lose a chunk, it makes for a more interesting diary read!

There was a pretty sick holdem hand though, and I don't know what you guys do here, let's see.

£1/2/4 game.

UTG raises to £11
MP calls
Hero calls from the CO with QQ playing £450
BTN raises to £35 and covers the table
UTG tank moves in for £125
MP moves in for £210
Hero ??
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: October 02, 2013, 01:27:53 PM »

Pretty sick spot. I'm still doing an all in and hold. As long as button was just squeezing we are probs fine.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: October 02, 2013, 03:53:18 PM »

Huh it seems like a super easy fold now and a very easy squeeze initially?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: October 02, 2013, 03:58:18 PM »

Huh it seems like a super easy fold now and a very easy squeeze initially?

standard

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: October 02, 2013, 05:11:14 PM »

I'm really happily moving in but I am the worst to be fair. Would've 3b pre.

Allez!!
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: October 11, 2013, 05:58:21 PM »

Right guys. I need your help.

A friend of mine, Sam, wants to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. His father has been in and out of hospital all year with stomach cancer and he's been having a really rough time of it. Sam's decided to get active and start raising money for charity. There's not much one person can do to help a loved one with cancer, but raising money for research or support is one way we can all help.

He's a bit of metalhead type and has had shoulder length hair as long as I've known him, and apparently pretty much since he was old enough to think for himself. So, he wants to show up by his father's bedside in a few weeks time with a bald head to show his support. Now, that much hair simply doesn't cut itself, so we're going to need your help! Wink In all seriousness though, the more you guys raise for us, the more bald heads you're going to see. Myself and Matt "Rexas" Harris have agreed to get in on this, and my poor hair has barely had enough time to grow back since last year's shenanigans!

Macmillan provides practical, medical and financial support and push for better cancer care, and they've been there for Sam's family every step of the way.

Here's the group photo of the hair, including beards, that you'll be buying out!

Aaaand here's the Just Giving account, where you can feel free to donate a little, or a lot, to a very worthy cause: Just Giving.

Seriously guys thank you for reading and thank you for your continued support.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2620 on: October 11, 2013, 10:54:04 PM »

Is Matt gonna shave his head but keep the beard? Gotta love upside down heads...
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: October 12, 2013, 02:16:05 AM »

can see less and less off matt's actual face every time.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: October 12, 2013, 07:16:24 AM »

is Sam one of the dealers at DTD?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2623 on: October 12, 2013, 08:57:49 AM »

Yep, one of the good ones. Which means he's probably left now...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: October 12, 2013, 09:32:11 AM »

Yep, one of the good ones. Which means he's probably left now...

Yeah, very deece dealer. always been one of my favs tbh. will be donating.

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: