blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:17:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris  (Read 146554 times)
philthepower

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 20, 2013, 02:10:42 PM »

Watched the video and am genuinely touched that you would dedicate such an awesome display to me, although I don't think I've felt so unworthy since I was 8 and turned up at my mate's birthday party in a Fila tracksuit, having forgotten that it was fancy dress and claimed that I'd come as a gymnast, only to win first prize because it was conducted by raffle as his parents were Bohemians who didn't believe in judging children.

I particularly like the way that after every stunning strike (and the miss at the end) you nonchalantly trudge back to your team-mates, like a slipper footed Grandad for a casual, and almost dismissive, high five, barely a flicker of emotion on your face. A skill that might come in handy if transferred to the poker arena?

The Times currently print great sporting photographs sent in by readers and I'm seriously tempted to submit this beauty. The combination of balletic grace, muscular agility and bold aggression, culminating in a sly V-sign at Nottingham Trent would surely win a prize, which I could then give to Dougal Swinfield, who'd gone as a cowboy and clearly deserved to win.
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 20, 2013, 02:40:49 PM »

Why say Fuck U after realising the bowl ? Is that a split !! Nice style by the way
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 20, 2013, 04:37:39 PM »

You most definitely deserve a spot on strictly come dancing with that swag!

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 20, 2013, 06:00:41 PM »

Where can the fans watch this video?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 20, 2013, 08:02:01 PM »

Where can the fans watch this video?

https://www.facebook.com/LSTPBC2012/posts/662497143770690 Smiley

Why say Fuck U after realising the bowl ? Is that a split !! Nice style by the way

That was actually aimed at the guy taking the picture, because he had the flash on and it was very annoying Smiley

You most definitely deserve a spot on strictly come dancing with that swag!

Only if you're my partner Wink

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 20, 2013, 08:14:48 PM »

Watched the video and am genuinely touched that you would dedicate such an awesome display to me, although I don't think I've felt so unworthy since I was 8 and turned up at my mate's birthday party in a Fila tracksuit, having forgotten that it was fancy dress and claimed that I'd come as a gymnast, only to win first prize because it was conducted by raffle as his parents were Bohemians who didn't believe in judging children.

Terrible bad play, ultra rewarded.

I particularly like the way that after every stunning strike (and the miss at the end) you nonchalantly trudge back to your team-mates, like a slipper footed Grandad for a casual, and almost dismissive, high five, barely a flicker of emotion on your face. A skill that might come in handy if transferred to the poker arena?

I don't think I have, or ever will be, as nervous at a poker table as I was then. Except when I'm sat next to Mr England, but that's for an entirely different reason #bromance.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 20, 2013, 11:22:01 PM »

Congrats, you have officially made it into my top 54 favourite British poker players.
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 21, 2013, 12:00:13 PM »

Congrats, you have officially made it into my top 54 favourite British poker players.

Thought you'd know more than 54 poker players on the circuit Wink

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 21, 2013, 04:31:49 PM »

This, and I'm getting trolled by herbie on FB. Have now basically achieved everything I wanted to in life Cheesy

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 21, 2013, 04:34:39 PM »

Currently waiting for a taxi to dusk. Getting all the hair on my head shaved off within the next few hours. Sorta shitting it, tbh :p Please help me, sean and sam along with this by donating either on our just giving page, http://www.justgiving.com/Sean-Belton, or by coming down to the club. Thanks!

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 21, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 26, 2013, 01:34:59 PM »

So, I now don't have any hair. Pictures will be coming online shortly, but probably not until next week now, will take a while to find them and wrestle with the demon that is the internet to try and make them available.

I decided to celebrate this in a number of ways, starting with:

The Event

I'm actually really glad I did this. I was very, very nervous initially. Especially when Sam turned up to nandos in a shirt and jacket and looked awesome. It took a while for us to get going, but as soon as the first little bit had come off and I realised how ridiculous it looked (again, pics to follow), I couldn't wait to get it off. We discovered that Sean will one day make a fantastic old man, I look like in 35 regardless of how I do my hair, and Sam looks like an awful lot of people from behind. I've got used to the change now, and I do kinda like it. It seems like every now and then I go through a complete image shift. I went through a stage where I had contact lenses and basically all I would wear was rugby shirts, then I got a very long fringe for a few years, then I lost the fringe and got a massive beard, and now I've got very little hair indeed. People I knew a few years ago will just never recongise me. So far the feedback on the new look has been mostly positive, and once I get over the shock of seeing myself in the mirror, I think this one will stay for a while. Will probably need to get a new ID photo for my driver's licence and my student card, though.

Sunday Funday

Can basically fuck itself. What a disaster. Bricked the few tournaments I played on stars, and bust very near the bubble in almost all of the tournaments I played on Sky. Highlights include being the pure bubble boy in the £55 speed bounty hunter losing AQ to 77, and grinding a bowl for hours in the “super roller” only to finally break the 30bb mark, find AA, go all in, and fail to do a win vs AQ. Did not cash a single event, busting in pretty standard spots basically every time. *sigh* was definitely the comment of the day.

UKIPT

I was not going to play this event. 1k is a ton of money, more than I can rightly afford for a single tournament. Flicked it in for a few of the satellites, which started out like a total disaster. Then I played the super satellite on Monday. Started the day being pretty close to freerolling the comp through Chinese, only to lose a few big ones right at the end. Still ended up a winner, and loving the game tho, so definitely no complaints. Regged at the end of late reg for the full amount, and sat down to play. Very quickly lost a few k, then got some back, then got it in with the nut flush draw vs the second nut flush draw for quite a bit, only to see that offsuit K pop up on the river, leaving me with about 5bbs. Shoved a few hands later and got it through, which was nice because I didn’t have a very good hand. Got it in on my next BB with a Q and a 9, and won vs A4 to have 10bbs. Won a few more pots from this point, including getting KK vs a UTG shove for a fair amount with 10s , and flopping a house with A2 and having Raggy turn the wheel. Then someone tried to bluff me, which in the first place was a little bit silly because I’m a bigger station than Colchester (which, as one of the dealers told me, is the longest station in the country). Turns out he actually had way too good a hand to be bluffing with, but fortunately I had one better. A few nittylicious folds later, mostly of premiums in gay spots, I found AA utg and got it in against KJ for loads. This still wasn’t a locked seat by any means, but managed to fold my way through for the most part. I did end up all in with 10/10 on the pure bubble, which was certainly fun. Even more so when everyone folded.

With a seat locked up, I’m looking forward to playing this event on Wednesday. It will be my biggest ever buy in event by some way, but right now I’m planning to get AA a lot and win the easy way. Hoping to see a lot of blondes over the next week, gl us!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 26, 2013, 01:50:39 PM »

congrats! see you there

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 26, 2013, 01:53:28 PM »

boss! best of luck buddy

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 26, 2013, 02:08:40 PM »

congrats! see you there

this^

Knocking around all weekend, will have to get this bowl comp sorted.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: