blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:38:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris  (Read 147935 times)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: December 21, 2013, 06:22:39 PM »

lets start some Q&A sessions with rexas...?

Poker Ambitions?

Favourite poker player you play with?

Ever had any tilting problems/ blow ups at the table?

How many comps have you won?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 22, 2013, 04:40:24 PM »

lets start some Q&A sessions with rexas...?

Poker Ambitions?

Favourite poker player you play with?

Ever had any tilting problems/ blow ups at the table?

How many comps have you won?

Hmm... I guess I'll have to humour you here, won't I? I have no idea where the inspiration for these questions has come from...

Poker ambitions... Well, I'm not as good at setting targets as I should be, that's for sure. Long term, really all I would like to aim for is to be able to make a living from poker, whether that be live, online or a mixture of both. More specifically, this year I would like to play every stop of the GPS, and put in a significant amount of volume online in BOTH Hold 'em and Omaha. I'm really enjoying a bit of Omaha at the moment, and am finding learning this game very interesting. Not yet particularly profitable, I hasten to add, but good fun all the same :p

Favourite player to play with? In what sense, exactly? If you mean play poker with, tbh there are way too many heroes to list. Rest assured that you'd be near the top of the list, although I won't elaborate on why Wink

This is definitely a loaded question :p Again, I'll humour it, this time with a story from the early days of my time as a reg at the local pubs' weekly comps. I'm not 100% sure of the HH, but I think I three bet AK and got cold called by the BB with Qxss, I flopped a K, and he called the flop with backdoor spades, turned a flush draw and called my shove, only to river the bastard. I got up, walked out (and not quietly, I might add) and for some little known reason decided to throw my keys to floor in the alley on the way to the car park. The run bad continued, since my keys broke upon hitting the pavement (ford car keys seem to do be designed to do this and be put back together, no idea why). I then had to make my way back inside, and rather embarrassingly ask the barman if he had a torch to help find the keys. To add to the embarassment, the tournament was on a break, so everyone decided to come out and help. I don't think I'm ever going to be aloud to forget that little episode :p DISCLAIMER: I'm SLIGHTLY less of a tit nowadays :p

I honestly don't know how many I've won, and that's not a brag, just a general thing. I haven't won anything major, for sure, apart from that 2/7 sd online comp that I chopped for a tenner once.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 22, 2013, 04:51:42 PM »

looool love the car keys story. Incredible, could come straight from a TV sketch.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 23, 2013, 03:36:38 AM »

haha great responses rexas as per usual!

what the millions of readers of this blog don't realise is the time and effort some of us have put in being your councellor. car journeys home listening to you moan about how bad you run to only come 2nd in a deep stack, and only cashed out 2bags and not 3is quite disheartening for a 'lol' (as tomson so eloquently puts in) reg licking his wounds after a brutal, near bankrupting XXL where we were forced into using our reload card Wink thank god for biggest winner buying macdonalds eh? the tilt isnt needed!! less of a tit however? incorrect.
hmm seems to me that the 2/7 chopped tourny for 11 dollars is a #thinbrag. im assuming BRM was at the heart of this decision?
few blogs have recently spoke about fancy clothing being worn at the table, have you ever been seen sporting anything outrageous, skirts or headwear for example?

few more questions...
nandos order?
side youd pick to play with on FIFA?
live with/civil union with/play HU4ROLLZZZ : Rehman, Sean Belton, Tomson346432456  ??
when am i going to get the fulltime job of being your PR/marketing man?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 03:51:06 AM by verndog158 » Logged

LB44

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 23, 2013, 03:54:24 AM »

I've never forgotten your tilt monster rage with about 15 players left of feb's deep stack when the crazy Asian guy jammed 55 in sb and you called with QQ in bb only for the flop to produce the 5. Haha you was chuntering on for about 10 mins after that talking about life changing money or something hahaha fun to watch I might add Wink
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 23, 2013, 04:00:19 AM »

I've never forgotten your tilt monster rage with about 15 players left of feb's deep stack when the crazy Asian guy jammed 55 in sb and you called with QQ in bb only for the flop to produce the 5. Haha you was chuntering on for about 10 mins after that talking about life changing money or something hahaha fun to watch I might add Wink

this could easily turn into  a whole show of Matt Harris, this is your life.The Tilt edition! then again the Binking edition would hardly be a long episode

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 23, 2013, 10:17:58 AM »

Honestly don't remember that, was a while ago now :p

what the millions of readers of this blog don't realise is the time and effort some of us have put in being your councellor. car journeys home listening to you moan about how bad you run to only come 2nd in a deep stack, and only cashed out 2bags and not 3is quite disheartening for a 'lol' (as tomson so eloquently puts in) reg licking his wounds after a brutal, near bankrupting XXL where we were forced into using our reload card Wink thank god for biggest winner buying macdonalds eh? the tilt isnt needed!! less of a tit however? incorrect.
hmm seems to me that the 2/7 chopped tourny for 11 dollars is a #thinbrag. im assuming BRM was at the heart of this decision?
few blogs have recently spoke about fancy clothing being worn at the table, have you ever been seen sporting anything outrageous, skirts or headwear for example?

few more questions...
nandos order?
live with/civil union with/play HU4ROLLZZZ : Rehman, Sean Belton, Tomson346432456  ??

Nandos is currently a medium half chicken with chips, spicy rice and halloumi. Discovered halloumi whilst on holiday in cyprus and can't get enough of the stuff.

Fifa side... I don't really know, I'm leaning towards either Chelsea or Belgium at the moment, although the latter is mainly because their kit must be the best looking in the game,

Erm... what?

And never, because you're currently doing a fine job of making me look like a massive tilt monkey, which I'm definitely not anywhere near as much as I used to be :p

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 23, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »

Honestly don't remember that, was a while ago now :p

few more questions...
nandos order?

Nandos is currently a medium half chicken with chips, spicy rice and halloumi. Discovered halloumi whilst on holiday in cyprus and can't get enough of the stuff.

Fifa side... I don't really know, I'm leaning towards either Chelsea or Belgium at the moment, although the latter is mainly because their kit must be the best looking in the game,

Erm... what?

And never, because you're currently doing a fine job of making me look like a massive tilt monkey, which I'm definitely not anywhere near as much as I used to be :p

like snog marry or avoid, but with those options, one each for the people! you never got out!
haha, no im not, Liam started giving examples, mine was a genuine question!
on a more serious note? where does rexas come from?

MelissaChloe

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 23, 2013, 12:47:29 PM »

Shocked

Since when did Nandos do halloumi?! Is it grilled?

Twitter: MelissaChloe_xo
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 23, 2013, 12:50:25 PM »

Shocked

Did you not know this? It's incred.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 23, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »

clearly a nandos fish Melissa Wink

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 23, 2013, 12:54:22 PM »

Shocked

Yup Smiley It's pretty good too Smiley I'm feeling a Nandos trip coming on...

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 23, 2013, 12:58:31 PM »

Shocked

Yup Smiley It's pretty good too Smiley I'm feeling a Nandos trip coming on...
[/quote

they keep mucking up my loyalty card, i have had 3 free half chickens last 3 visits! if only i ran that good on the poker table 

DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 23, 2013, 03:11:48 PM »

He dodged the fun question...

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 23, 2013, 04:37:52 PM »

He dodged the fun question...

i know right, it took me ages to word that properly too, while i was watching Gill whale around on a final table last night.
Gonna answer it rexas?

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: