blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:13:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Official ISPT Wembley thread: DTD partner with ISPT and guarantee first at €1m
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 70 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official ISPT Wembley thread: DTD partner with ISPT and guarantee first at €1m  (Read 268459 times)
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 02:47:07 PM »

Obvious questions. How many runners so far in the five online day 1s and how big is the prizepool? Are DTD going to be running live day 1s?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 02:47:47 PM »

in for the duration

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
ashhen

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 02:48:14 PM »

71 guests viewing this topic

Tin hat on......

Over/under on how many thread pages?

Signed up, just not signed in. (though I am now obv)

I'm only here to rubber neck. The whole thing has been a disaster from the start. I hope they turn it around but it seems they let their ambition cloud their judgement.
sharky_uk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 02:54:06 PM »

I thought today was 1st March not 1st April
mfcrocker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 02:58:11 PM »

Looks like APAT will be firmly joining in the fun too: APAT Forum
smokynuts

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 02:58:31 PM »

this is a very big ask with very little time

hope dtd manage to pull it off will watch this thread closly

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 03:00:11 PM »

Yesterday I wasn't at all interested in this.

Now DTD are involved I will be looking to play and I'm sure that they will do a fantastic job.

Good luck guys.
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 03:00:59 PM »

Have to agree with the negative posts unfortunately. It's during the wsop for one. I assume the dtd people have read the thread on 2p2. Although a lot of other forums don't much like the attitude in nvg on 2p2 it is still very representative of the poker community. It just seems like it is too late and has been represented and promoted too poorly already.
I am unlikely to play this but if the timing was different then I would have. Who knows if there is going to be a 3mil overlay I may well turn up. Really do wish the best of luck for dtd for this but it's looking bad.
Fluence

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »

Not much surprises me these days, but I have to say this has shocked the sh1t out of me. Ambitious/risky doesn't even begin to describe it.

I hope for DTD's sake this doesn't go pear shaped.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 03:06:34 PM »

Now a constructive question - are DTD guaranteeing just the first place prize and the ISPT guaranteeing the remaining €4 million proposed?

As I understand it, there's no other €4m guarantee - the only guarantee is €1m for first. A standard payout will be used and then, if the first place is under €1m then it will be topped up to that amount.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 03:06:50 PM »

I want to see Tighty galloping around Wembly trying to take photos on request.
mfcrocker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 03:08:53 PM »

Now a constructive question - are DTD guaranteeing just the first place prize and the ISPT guaranteeing the remaining €4 million proposed?

As I understand it, there's no other €4m guarantee - the only guarantee is €1m for first. A standard payout will be used and then, if the first place is under €1m then it will be topped up to that amount.

From OP:

As part of the agreement DTD is guaranteeing a minimum of €1 million to the winner – regardless of the number of runners, with  maximum of 20% taken out of the prize pool for first place, leaving 80% to the remaining places. The prize-pool will need to reach at least €5m to avoid any overlay

EDIT: I see what you're saying actually, nm.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:10:42 PM by mfcrocker » Logged
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 03:09:17 PM »

Thanks, makes sense now you've explained it.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2013, 03:10:59 PM »

From OP:

As part of the agreement DTD is guaranteeing a minimum of €1 million to the winner – regardless of the number of runners, with  maximum of 20% taken out of the prize pool for first place, leaving 80% to the remaining places. The prize-pool will need to reach at least €5m to avoid any overlay

Andrew is correct. 1m for first. 20% of prize pool for first, topped up if neceessary

DTD is not on the hook for 5m

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 03:11:23 PM »

Thanks, makes sense now you've explained it.

If they don't make the guarantee it will be something like a 99.9999999999% chance there will be a deal on the final table.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 70 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: