blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:59:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Official ISPT Wembley thread: DTD partner with ISPT and guarantee first at €1m
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 70 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official ISPT Wembley thread: DTD partner with ISPT and guarantee first at €1m  (Read 267945 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2013, 08:32:54 PM »

If there are 40 day 1's and day 2 is end of May, and they are advertising that 200 B&M cardrooms are running sats, I presume that the B&M operators already know?

I assume the cardroom managers would have found out today.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2013, 08:46:39 PM »

I look at this and I don't think amazeballs, OMG, I just think - completely purposeless. Unless there's a massive profit to be made

sola virtus nobilitat
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2013, 09:08:19 PM »

I look at this and I don't think amazeballs, OMG, I just think - completely purposeless. Unless there's a massive profit to be made

Thinking the same.

I just don't understand what DTD have to gain from this. I can only think that they perhaps want to have their name associated with such an event that may prove to be a history maker, but may also be a failure.

However I had zero interest in this event, but now DTD are involved I may look again.

Hope for the future of DTD that this works out.

JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2013, 09:09:57 PM »

It's funny how i can go from having absolute no interest in an event to thinking it's almost certain to be the biggest poker tournament ever held in europe by simply attaching 3 letters to the mix

So well put. My thoughts exactly after thinking about it
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2013, 10:00:03 PM »

Thinking the same.

I just don't understand what DTD have to gain from this.  I can only think that they perhaps want to have their name associated with such an event that may prove to be a history maker, but may also be a failure.

However I had zero interest in this event, but now DTD are involved I may look again.

Loads of players signing up to their online cardroom?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2013, 10:44:47 PM »

This is going to be interesting/amazing.

When I grow up I want to have knackers the size of Rob's.

all the best with it.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2013, 10:48:04 PM »

Thinking the same.

I just don't understand what DTD have to gain from this.  I can only think that they perhaps want to have their name associated with such an event that may prove to be a history maker, but may also be a failure.

Loads of players signing up to their online cardroom?

+1, can't really understand the view that DTD have nothing to gain.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2013, 11:01:53 PM »

I wouldn't say nothing, but the event really needs to make the numbers to show off DTD IMO.

I think it's too much of a gamble. But Rob loves a challenge and according to dates, will support if possible, which I had no intention of before DTD got involved.

It just goes to show how much DTD are valued in poker, when people are snap going now, rather than definitely not days ago.

When will more details be released?
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2013, 11:04:07 PM »

Holy Guacomole     VBOL
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2013, 01:15:18 AM »

Really hope this works out for dtd's sake as they have spent 5yrs building up a good rep and hope it isn't ruined getting involved with these jokers
Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2013, 01:36:40 AM »

Really hope this works out for dtd's sake as they have spent 5yrs building up a good rep and hope it isn't ruined getting involved with these jokers

That is my worry too

as soon as DTD put their name to anything then their is instant credibility, I am just a little concerned that this is a huge risk

DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2013, 02:22:19 AM »

Hi all,

What I would like to know please:

1. Is there 5mill guaranteed, or just the 1m for 1st and is the guarantee going to be escrowed by DTD? I don't trust the ISPT not to renege if entrants are tiny...

2. Are 70% of Day 2 entries still going to be paid? If entrants are low will this be a nominal amount?

Discostu

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2013, 02:36:32 AM »

Link on the Wembley website takes you to old partners and no mention of DTD.

Just sayinf Wink
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2013, 02:41:42 AM »

Hi all,

What I would like to know please:

1. Is there 5mill guaranteed, or just the 1m for 1st and is the guarantee going to be escrowed by DTD? I don't trust the ISPT not to renege if entrants are tiny...

2. Are 70% of Day 2 entries still going to be paid? If entrants are low will this be a nominal amount?

only gtd is first place 1millon for first 5 million is needed too insure no overlay as they will only pay a max of 20% to first out of prize pool

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2013, 08:50:34 AM »

Woke up this morning and can't believe this was not a dream. Giving Dtd a pat on the back is all well and good but I am still having reservations about the whole thing.

Why don't Dtd just do it on their own. The ISPT have totally messed this event from the start. They 100% advertised this with a ludicrous €30 million gtd prize pool and claimed they were paying 70% of the field??? They are tied in with Lock Poker whose business practise is shocking and often bordering on negligent. Something likes this often attracts snakes and one or two of the ispt ambassadors are definatly snakes and that's on a good day.

The deal is obv sealed now but I do think Dtd would have done a better job of doing this on their own. Dtd is the nuts and you won't find many that don't back Dtd in this country. However to get the numbers you will need to attract players from all over Europe, and despite Robs little black book, I fear too much damage has already been done by the ISPT.

I know Rob and Simon love doing stuff like this and tbh they don't often get their fingers burnt too badly and there has never been a comp that they have put their name to that has been a flop. I just wish I could have seen the look on Nicks face when they told him. The first time they told him that they were making the Deepstack £40k gtd he almost had kittens.

I would imagine that the majority of Dtd customers are going to have a crack at this or at least play satellites to get into the comp and support Rob and the club. After all its always a regular at the club who wins the major events Dtd run. Who will be the next Wadey or Rastafish?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 70 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: