blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:59:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things I wish I knew
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things I wish I knew  (Read 111809 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2013, 08:27:01 PM »

I've had restaurants ask me to supply a credit card when booking. I always refuse to, even if it means not being able to book.
It depresses me that my word is longer my bond according to some people.

Which reminds me, the last time this happened I tried to book a local restaurant, that I have used a dozen times before, for my father in laws 70 birthday. I refused to give them my card details and told them I didn't require the booking.

On the day of his birthday the restaurant called to ask if I was still coming and was most put out when I said no. It's a pity because it's one of the best Italian restaurants around.

Ah! The element of surprise
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2013, 08:36:02 PM »

I've had restaurants ask me to supply a credit card when booking. I always refuse to, even if it means not being able to book.

Which reminds me, the last time this happened I tried to book a local restaurant, that I have used a dozen times before, for my father in laws 70 birthday. I refused to give them my card details and told them I didn't require the booking.

On the day of his birthday the restaurant called to ask if I was still coming and was most put out when I said no. It's a pity because it's one of the best Italian restaurants around.

Asking for a deposit is pretty common place if you are booking for a group of people maybe 10 or more or whatever. I don't blame them at all as there are a fair few no shows, which is especially annoying at weekends when you could fill the tables no problem. I really don't see why people have a problem with this.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2013, 08:41:00 PM »

Asking for a deposit is pretty common place if you are booking for a group of people maybe 10 or more or whatever. I don't blame them at all as there are a fair few no shows, which is especially annoying at weekends when you could fill the tables no problem. I really don't see why people have a problem with this.

I understand why they may ask, but I'm old school and feel that if I've been a regular customer then my word should suffice.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2013, 08:53:40 PM »

I understand why they may ask, but I'm old school and feel that if I've been a regular customer then my word should suffice.

I see people regularly getting tilted beyond belief on travel forums about having to pay in advance for hotels, its pretty common to have to pay when using some of the big sites and you are often getting the best price by using them.

They forget the reason they ask for payment in advance is because people shaft them on a regular basis and check out early etc leaving them with empty rooms at the last minute they could have otherwise sold.. Not surprisingly its the whiners that are usually the shafters........
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2013, 10:44:41 PM »

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2011/09/mind-blowing-dancing/

How to dance like that! Probably one of the most outrageous things I've seen. As the author said, I'm really not sure if its not camera trickery etc!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2013, 11:16:08 PM »

I wish I knew why I instinctively fling my left arm across the passenger seat when braking suddenly in the car. Last week I elbowed my mum in the chest and today I karate chopped an empty seat.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2013, 12:25:03 AM »

Why, despite my best efforts, is it so hard to use my car's brakes with my left foot.

Note: if you haven't already then do NOT try this unless you're going slowly with no-one around you.

Blue text
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2013, 07:24:21 AM »

Where is the 'safe place' that I keep storing important things?  Forever tearing the house apart in hopes of finding where I've stashed something.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2013, 07:51:59 AM »

I wish I knew why I instinctively fling my left arm across the passenger seat when braking suddenly in the car. Last week I elbowed my mum in the chest and today I karate chopped an empty seat.

When crossing the road I'm prone to holding the hand of the person next to me, whoever that might happen to be. It's a reflex from the days when I used to walk around with a gaggle of kids.

It's earned me some funny looks I can tell you, and I think I've pulled once or twice, both genders.

The older I get, the better I was.
SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2013, 08:37:12 AM »

My Mum does this, she says it a maternal instinct.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2013, 11:57:29 AM »

I do that. thought i was the only one Smiley
It's usually because there's an empty child booster seat with my lunch for the day sat on it.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 24, 2013, 02:53:43 PM »

I wish I knew what one of the 100 raffle numbers are gonna be this Friday so I can become a millionaire! Smiley
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 24, 2013, 08:31:05 PM »

This isn't having a go at anyone in particular, it is in the list because I'm genuinely curious.

19. In the "Diaries and Blogs" board on here, there are about 10 blogs started by people with <10 posts, who write one long intro and then never post again.

Why would they start a diary on a website where they don't know anyone?

Having gone through the rigmarole of joining and writing a long first post, why do they just abandon the thread before anyone gets to to know them?

It's baffling to me.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 24, 2013, 09:33:58 PM »

This isn't having a go at anyone in particular, it is in the list because I'm genuinely curious.

19. In the "Diaries and Blogs" board on here, there are about 10 blogs started by people with <10 posts, who write one long intro and then never post again.

Why would they start a diary on a website where they don't know anyone?

Having gone through the rigmarole of joining and writing a long first post, why do they just abandon the thread before anyone gets to to know them?

It's baffling to me.

Nowt as queer as folk.

neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: July 24, 2013, 09:40:41 PM »

In American TV cop shows - why do they keep pretending that it takes 20 seconds to trace a call?

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: