blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:30:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things I wish I knew
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things I wish I knew  (Read 110867 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #720 on: January 30, 2015, 06:46:17 PM »

This is the top of Blake Street, with he pub at the top and the road descending into the void:

Click to see full-size image.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #721 on: January 30, 2015, 06:47:28 PM »

It's not near Blake Street is it?  I lived on that street one of the years I was at uni there, and it was ridiculous.  When it snowed no one even attempted to park their cars on the street, never mind try and drive up/down it. 

I believe the Blake pub has closed now, which is a shame, as it was a lovely local with the friendliest people ever - even to soap-dodging students!

Nowhere near, but on a par with it.

It's hilly, Sheffield.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #722 on: January 30, 2015, 06:51:46 PM »

This is a view from the bottom of Blake Street.  We lived at the top, almost opposite the pub. Used to be a daunting sight reaching the bottom of the road walking back from uni or from the supermarket with an armful of groceries.  That handrail was there for a reason!

Anyway, I was just reminiscing.

WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 30, 2015, 07:30:06 PM »

Yeah it would be really stupid going down the steepest road in your city during snow. Even worse at night, wouldn't it ALEX GOULDER.

(ftr Alex did this at like 4am in Notts, somewhat lost control 1/3 of the way down the road and ran it into the curb and leaving it there for me to come and rescue him. Unlike this one there was a crossroads at the bottom of the hill, so he'd have just gone flying through that if he'd got that far!
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 30, 2015, 11:44:17 PM »

Yeh our road in Sheffield and all the ones surrounding it in Nether Edge are pretty much impassable in snow. There always a valiant soul willing to give it a go though, usually a Tesco delivery van!

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 31, 2015, 12:17:10 AM »

LOL! I was reading this and thinking, that story, that road even looked very familiar - this sounds exactly like what I did a couple years ago!

I was gathering momentum, brakes failing, with cars, tree, lampposts, houses all around. Heaven knows how the car stopped halfway up without hitting anything. An absolute miracle I tell you. I was absolutely shitting it!

So stupid Sad

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 31, 2015, 12:36:55 AM »

I've just moved from Mapperley Park in Nottingham, there is a couple of roads in the immediate vicinity I would never go on in snow, they are pretty steep. In fact a few weeks ago when we last had snow there was a couple of dopey birds halfway up Tavistock Drive and their car was skidding like hell. I had to convince them to leave their car on the side on the road as it would even have been hard to go back down without causing some damage. They lived just round the corner so they didn't argue too much.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:39:20 AM by Woodsey » Logged
WotRTheChances

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 31, 2015, 03:06:05 AM »

The road in question was Kenrick Road in Mapperley, Notts. I'll see if i can find a picture...
WotRTheChances

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 31, 2015, 03:15:33 AM »

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 31, 2015, 04:03:25 AM »

LOL! I was reading this and thinking, that story, that road even looked very familiar - this sounds exactly like what I did a couple years ago!

I was gathering momentum, brakes failing, with cars, tree, lampposts, houses all around. Heaven knows how the car stopped halfway up without hitting anything. An absolute miracle I tell you. I was absolutely shitting it!

So stupid Sad

Showing complete disregard for other road users.  You need to grow the fuck up and stop acting like an overgrown 14 year old 'cause if you maim or kill someone doing this, your life will, effectively, be over.

I've long held the belief that you are an idiot, and now I have the proof. A complete waste of space.

©0800

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #730 on: January 31, 2015, 07:57:04 AM »

So stupid Sad

Showing complete disregard for other road users.  You need to grow the fuck up and stop acting like an overgrown 14 year old 'cause if you maim or kill someone doing this, your life will, effectively, be over.

I've long held the belief that you are an idiot, and now I have the proof. A complete waste of space.

©0800

OK. I'm whooshed.

The older I get, the better I was.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 31, 2015, 08:04:24 AM »

So stupid Sad

Showing complete disregard for other road users.  You need to grow the fuck up and stop acting like an overgrown 14 year old 'cause if you maim or kill someone doing this, your life will, effectively, be over.

©0800

OK. I'm whooshed.
http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=62191.0

page 71 onwards
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 08:06:26 AM by redsimon » Logged

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #732 on: January 31, 2015, 08:25:58 AM »

So stupid Sad

Showing complete disregard for other road users.  You need to grow the fuck up and stop acting like an overgrown 14 year old 'cause if you maim or kill someone doing this, your life will, effectively, be over.

©0800

OK. I'm whooshed.
http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=62191.0

page 71 onwards

OIC. cheers Simon.

The older I get, the better I was.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 31, 2015, 10:06:39 PM »

Why do people hate benefit cheats but are so indifferent to tax dodgers.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 01, 2015, 01:17:56 AM »

Why do people hate benefit cheats but are so indifferent to tax dodgers.

Probably because a lot of people work 40 hour weeks and struggle along, with the similar kind of living standards to some of those who are on benefits.  There is certainly a massive flaw in the system where people can work hard and receive only marginally more than they would be getting on benefits.

Most stories about tax dodgers are those who are multi-millionaires anyway so the average person can't compare lives.

Here's mine:

Who is using those 118 directory enquiry numbers these days.  I remember back in the early 2000s when the monopoly being taken away from BT and there was a huge scramble to set up rival numbers.  Wonder how long they can survive?  Wouldn't surprise me if in a few years the only one left is run BT.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: