blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:06:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Let's do this blonde!!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 94 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's do this blonde!!!  (Read 167640 times)
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2013, 02:16:03 PM »

Good luck everyone again. I'm not feeling too bad for a Monday, I've felt worse.

So obviously it's a no brainer to go a little mental in the $5r action hour today. I'm going to play the medium but in one of two ways and I want investors opinions as it's a close call.

I can register at the 60th minute and take 11,000 chips for $155 or I can take the more profitable route but probably higher variance route of regging at the start. The advantages of regging at the start are I can accumilate a really decent stack but if I get stacked then I'm not reloading. There isn't a ton of incentive for me to hang around since the add-on isn't huge in comparison to the rebuys. This route will cost me $105 or $155 and not guarantee I make the second hour.

Otherwise, just a normal schedule. I'll play the late $11r turbo scoop but the $100r is too rich.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:23:36 PM by lucky_scrote » Logged

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2013, 04:19:05 PM »

Just realised that I'll have to play the last level of rebuys because of late reg finishing during the sync break. I'm gonna reg it up now and if I bust then I won't rebuy.

<3 ENSUING
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 13, 2013, 05:14:22 PM »

Managed to last an hour without busting my chips in the SCOOP M. Just need to hope I can make the next 5 minutes.

SCOOP L is going good so far and I've got a couple of other big stacks going (Hot 33 and $11r action hour)

<3 ENSUING
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2013, 07:43:02 PM »

Busted SCOOP M QQ < AKs

<3 ENSUING
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2013, 10:58:30 AM »

Grinded hard once scoop started and had no success. Grinded again Wednesday and was equally poor. Grumbles.

GF here for the weekend but I have a pass to play an afternoon session now.

Starting roll: $1599 Sad

<3 ENSUING
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2013, 10:33:12 PM »

UL Dan, hope a bink comes soon :-(
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2013, 10:54:06 AM »

Back on the grind hard again until Saturday (stag do weekend).

I keep having dreams that I've won something on stars so hopefully that becomes a reality Smiley. I even had a dream that I won the Big $9. Sure is a big 9.

Starting roll looking very pitiful today ($1200). PLEASE can I win everything from today.

<3 ENSUING
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2013, 11:32:19 AM »

Muahahahahahah

PokerStars Hand #98935586935: Tournament #806010193, $30+$3 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2013/05/22 11:15:08 WET [2013/05/22 6:15:08 ET]
Table '806010193 13' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: Alex_Vol (14857 in chips)
Seat 2: marrocknroll (4044 in chips)
Seat 3: OneEyeClaude (1095 in chips)
Seat 4: danistheking (4883 in chips)
Seat 5: gynaikologos (2999 in chips)
Seat 6: silt888 (4973 in chips)
Seat 8: oksaniks (903 in chips)
Seat 9: sale4x (4975 in chips)
danistheking: posts small blind 75
gynaikologos: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to danistheking [ ]
silt888: folds
oksaniks: folds
sale4x: raises 180 to 330
Alex_Vol: folds
marrocknroll: raises 345 to 675
OneEyeClaude: folds
danistheking: raises 525 to 1200
gynaikologos: folds
sale4x: folds
marrocknroll: calls 525
*** FLOP *** [ ]
danistheking: checks
marrocknroll: bets 1500
danistheking: raises 1500 to 3000
marrocknroll: calls 1344 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (156) returned to danistheking
*** TURN *** [ ] []
*** RIVER *** [ ] []
*** SHOW DOWN ***
danistheking: shows [ ] (a pair of Queens)
marrocknroll: shows [ ] (two pair, Sevens and Fives)
marrocknroll collected 8568 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 8568 | Rake 0
Board [ ]
Seat 1: Alex_Vol folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: marrocknroll showed [ ] and won (8568) with two pair, Sevens and Fives
Seat 3: OneEyeClaude (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: danistheking (small blind) showed [ ] and lost with a pair of Queens
Seat 5: gynaikologos (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: silt888 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: oksaniks folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: sale4x folded before Flop

<3 ENSUING
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2013, 01:10:07 PM »

Just busted the $109fo 22nd with this for 3rd in chips ughhh. Was my best sweat of the day thus far.

PokerStars Hand #98938223599: Tournament #734696086, $100+$9 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (200/400) - 2013/05/22 12:52:55 WET [2013/05/22 7:52:55 ET]
Table '734696086 5' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 2: GeschwindKen (13515 in chips)
Seat 3: BleckoJunior (9392 in chips)
Seat 4: Chris4Aces (16015 in chips)
Seat 5: bonjovani (12936 in chips)
Seat 7: danistheking (10159 in chips)
Seat 8: Daisoamazo (10666 in chips)
Seat 9: Serega003 (14806 in chips)
GeschwindKen: posts the ante 50
BleckoJunior: posts the ante 50
Chris4Aces: posts the ante 50
bonjovani: posts the ante 50
danistheking: posts the ante 50
Daisoamazo: posts the ante 50
Serega003: posts the ante 50
bonjovani: posts small blind 200
danistheking: posts big blind 400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to danistheking [ ]
Daisoamazo: raises 400 to 800
Serega003: folds
GeschwindKen: folds
BleckoJunior: folds
Chris4Aces: folds
bonjovani: folds
danistheking: raises 9309 to 10109 and is all-in
Daisoamazo: calls 9309
*** FLOP *** [ ]
*** TURN *** [ ] [Ah]
*** RIVER *** [ Ah] []
*** SHOW DOWN ***
danistheking: shows [ ] (a pair of Kings)
Daisoamazo: shows [ As] (a pair of Aces)
Daisoamazo collected 20768 from pot
danistheking finished the tournament in 20th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 20768 | Rake 0
Board [ Ah ]
Seat 2: GeschwindKen folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: BleckoJunior folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Chris4Aces (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: bonjovani (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: danistheking (big blind) showed [ ] and lost with a pair of Kings
Seat 8: Daisoamazo showed [ As] and won (20768) with a pair of Aces
Seat 9: Serega003 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

<3 ENSUING
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 23, 2013, 02:03:59 PM »

Hello,

So far I've played around 6-7 weeks worth and not done very well. Unfortunately I'm now down $9700 (Current roll $300 aka bust). I figured I owe everyone a run down on how I'm feeling and how I've performed across the stakes.

I'm obviously really gutted and I feel bad for people that don't know me too well and have had a bit of a punt at that. I equally feel bad for everyone who has lost money thus far in this investment and I'll feel bad for anyone who has to drop out. I totally understand people that would like to drop out since I wasn't expecting to lose $10k with an ABI of $40. It's not standard by any means but certainly doable.

I don't feel like I've been playing badly, in fact I feel that I've been playing good! I've reviewed my game regularly and I just had a 2 hour session with James going over the two $109 fo's I went deep in yesterday.

I still can't comprehend myself that I've been on such a downer. Morale is still ok and I want to keep playing but one part of me is still surprised to say the least.

I decided to run a check on sharkscope to see how I'd been doing on lower vs higher buy-in stuff so here it is:

Click to see full-size image.

So far it seems that the smaller stuff has been average/good. 33% ROI is ok at these stakes but nothing special, a bit below what I should be achieving I think. The $33+ games (ABI $74) are obviously where it's gone wrong. I have completely bricked these and have had a lot of 5th-12th finishes. I'm definitely beating these games too, they have a lot more regs in but after the review I had with James earlier (and a lot of laughs) there are still a lot of monkeys clicking buttons here.

I was looking to play a lot of poker over the next 2 days (Stag do this weekend in Newquay) but it's not going to happen now since I won't be able to collect investors money in time. It gives everyone who has invested some time to think about if they want to drop out (there is one buyer in line that I am aware of for those of you concerned). Once again I'm very sorry and gutted for people who have lost money and had faith in me, it does seem pretty awful timing and doesn't feel real I'm sure.

I am pretty determined to keep my chin up and come back. Like I said in the OP I've been in roughly $60k MU before (albeit much bigger stuff) and I'm a better player/person than back then. Shot taking is pretty much going out of the window for a while since the negative effects are not outweighing the positive ones unless I win $10k. I had already dropped the $82 hypers from the schedule a week ago to lower the variance. It seems like a bloody long climb before I will get this money back but I think that out of a lot of people that you could invest in, I'd be a likely contender to keep my head up and grind through this.

Please post your thoughts and investors could you let me know in the next couple of days how you would like to progress(via pm or here). Obviously if you are dropping out I'd like to know sooner because new investors will need to come in.

Regards,

Dan

<3 ENSUING
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: May 23, 2013, 02:13:31 PM »

I've done several sessions with Dan and he seems to be playing well to me, certainly in the 2 hh's we spent a couple of hours going through today there were no apparent mistakes/leaks. His attitude seems really level-headed as well considering the situation, although he's obv bummed for us investors/himself.

So dirty how you're running at the bigger buy-ins, def feel like for the schedule you're playing we're running incredibly bad, no >$1k binks in >$40 games is bound to do that, yuck.

Obviously 3 bullets is quite a bit to fire with this kind of makeup, so anyone is looking to drop out, feel free to PM me with an offer/to discuss selling make-up.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 23, 2013, 09:28:06 PM »

Dan - I believe in your ability and was very keen to be involved in this stake and would like to keep going but I have to admit I have some concerns.  I just read over your original post and there are a few things in it that you haven't really kept to.

Firstly, you said that when the roll went below $2k you would remove the $80+ games and play more $15 180's but the other day with the roll stood at under $1200 you were playing $109 freezeouts.  You have effectively gone through $10k so far and if we, as investors chip in another $5k I think you will possibly be starting to run dry of investors a little which affects me as an investor as much as you because if people don't keep chipping in we have no chance of getting out of makeup.  As such I think that the higher buyin tournaments represent too high a risk to the roll at this stage in the lifespan of the stake and would prefer to stick to tournaments that represent 1% of the roll or less.  I know that initially the idea would be to be taking some shots but at this stage I would rather have hard and fast rules and just see you really grinding it back up even if that means playing $10 FO's.

Secondly, you suggested you would be playing 5-7 days a week.  So far this month you have only played 14 out of the last 30 days properly.  I don't have a huge issue with this and obviously there are occasions when you need some time off and that is fine by me but the problem is that I don't feel like I know what your results are and what is happening with the stake on a day to day basis.  It would be great if you could update the thread on a daily basis with an idea of how many games were played and what the total stake was and what the returns were.  I know it is a bit of a pain to keep admin type tasks like that but it really helps with transparency and is a cost of being staked.  Until I went to OPR just now I honestly had no idea when you were playing and when you weren't.  Part of the appeal of these kind of stakes is the sweat factor too so it is good to keep us up to date.

Be good to hear your thoughts.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: May 23, 2013, 10:01:09 PM »

Dan - I believe in your ability and was very keen to be involved in this stake and would like to keep going but I have to admit I have some concerns.  I just read over your original post and there are a few things in it that you haven't really kept to.

Firstly, you said that when the roll went below $2k you would remove the $80+ games and play more $15 180's but the other day with the roll stood at under $1200 you were playing $109 freezeouts.  You have effectively gone through $10k so far and if we, as investors chip in another $5k I think you will possibly be starting to run dry of investors a little which affects me as an investor as much as you because if people don't keep chipping in we have no chance of getting out of makeup.  As such I think that the higher buyin tournaments represent too high a risk to the roll at this stage in the lifespan of the stake and would prefer to stick to tournaments that represent 1% of the roll or less.  I know that initially the idea would be to be taking some shots but at this stage I would rather have hard and fast rules and just see you really grinding it back up even if that means playing $10 FO's.

Secondly, you suggested you would be playing 5-7 days a week.  So far this month you have only played 14 out of the last 30 days properly.  I don't have a huge issue with this and obviously there are occasions when you need some time off and that is fine by me but the problem is that I don't feel like I know what your results are and what is happening with the stake on a day to day basis.  It would be great if you could update the thread on a daily basis with an idea of how many games were played and what the total stake was and what the returns were.  I know it is a bit of a pain to keep admin type tasks like that but it really helps with transparency and is a cost of being staked.  Until I went to OPR just now I honestly had no idea when you were playing and when you weren't.  Part of the appeal of these kind of stakes is the sweat factor too so it is good to keep us up to date.

Be good to hear your thoughts.

I definitely agree with you that Dan should post daily updates, he has been a bit slack at times, it really isn't that hard to give a daily total of everything, and I've always done it on these kind of stakes.

I think his volume on the whole has been pretty reasonable, he's put a decent amount of hours in afaik, and he did mention taking a week off per month so he's not that far below what he said...but yeah obviously the more the better.

What I don't agree with is Dan playing $10 freezeouts. He is $10k in makeup and trying to do this for a living. He's had 2 months with no wages, and you're basically committing him to another couple by saying that. All the while we'll be losing the value of him not playing the higher buy-in games. The OP is pretty clear about what he's going the play, at no point does it mention a 1% rule. Ok, you're probs right that he should have dropped a couple of $109s from the schedule at times given what he said in his OP (although I'd prefer he play them) so I guess you have a point about that, but he has been dropping his higher variance games for the most part.

Personally, I would like Dan to keep playing his full schedule all the time so he can earn our money back as quickly as possible.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: May 23, 2013, 10:04:50 PM »

don't consider 80 hypers anywhere near 109 freezeouts!!

just win danny boi
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 23, 2013, 10:13:29 PM »

1% of $5k would be $50 FO's but if we get to the point where the roll is back at $1k we have to be realistic that people aren't going to just keep ponying up money with no return so we are either going to end up leaving a bunch of make up on the table or he has to effectively treat this $5k as his roll and play within it so yeah at that point play $10 Fo's.  I appreciate he hasn't had any wages for a couple of months now.  That is the reality of being a professional gambler unfortunately.  I have had many months with no wages myself and I get my head down and work harder with a smaller roll to get back up there and I am sure you have done similar.  The simple fact of the matter is that $100 FO's are shot taking with a $5k roll and definitely when it reaches $3k or so.  I was fairly happy with that on the basis that I half expected to put in a couple of bullets but there is a point at which you just have to assume the stake is going to come to an end and we can be at a point where we cant get out of MU surely and that is the worst possible scenario for all parties especially stakers.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 94 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: