blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 04:24:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272954 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  SCOOP 2013
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SCOOP 2013  (Read 39901 times)
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 08, 2013, 10:34:56 AM »

@Tom, your backers have offered you a seemingly amazingly generous deal there. Am I right in thinking that this deal gets them all their money back, plus the makeup you already have with them (neither amount has been disclosed yet afaik? Think it definitely should be, in private or public, up to you) PLUS $2400/month expenses by definition and only once that is cleared will you get some money for yourself / pay backers back? Have I understood this right? I wouldn't be surprised if they snap drop you once you're out of it for them by the way, and this could take many months though anyway...

Still, good progress, a way out for you and backers, and at least you have a decent chunk for life expenses too.

Yes you have understood correctly. Which is why i said i would continue to search for a job for another income to speed up this whole process, we both know how ridiculous mtt variance is and although this deal is amazing as i have said i'm not resting on my laurels and will still do as much as i can outside poker.

As to whether they drop me or not, I have been with them a while and feel as though i know them quite well. I personally don't think they will drop me. If they do however then so be it, even more reason  for me to keep looking for work outside of grinding this out. I dont want to disclose makeup amounts in an open forum ofc but will happily inform investors of the situation and update them regularly as i have said.

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 08, 2013, 10:36:47 AM »

Scoop got to be quickest way out imo

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 08, 2013, 10:46:07 AM »

Good luck fella, you're one of the few young uns that seems to have a personality.

Yikes, imagine the uproar if a "young un" said the same about an "old un"

Yeah pretty unnecessary dig. A lot of young guys that give a lot to this forum and have great personalities. Ok we aren't all Mr Interesting like you Mr3103

Good to see one of the old uns sticking up for the young uns.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 08, 2013, 11:01:49 AM »

Right, After speaking to Lil'D in private (me going to him not vice versa) I am posting this to be completely out in the open.

Yes I am under it, but this doesn't effect what has happened. SCOOP was a shot yes, but one worth taking imo. To say this was premeditated is just plain wrong. I value blonde and the community alot, I post here daily and speak to people from here off forum daily.

The only misdirection in my original post was that this was done over 2 days, on Thursday 2nd May when I went to see my father and tilted off $2.5k of investors/backers money in inexcusable fashion, the following day I paniced still not in control of my emotions in any way shape or form maybe in a worse state infact human nature and lost the other $2k, I also lost 500 on blackjack. I fucked up I cannot change that and the damage is done. I am taking responsibility for my actions, I'm not bothered about my reputation at the minute all I'm worried about is making sure the people who trusted me with their money as investors is get their money back. Which I have sent them PM's hopefully reassuring them this will happen. I know I will do the right thing, I cant put right the past all I can do is repair the wounds make sure I conduct myself in the neccessary way going forward and hope they heal in time.

I owe blonde poker as a community $3.5k~ all investors know the score and I will keep them all updated via PM's.

I am so sorry to every involved in this and will continue to keep in contact with you all on a regular basis with updates and I will get through this.

Here is the audit for the 2 days http://www7.pokerstars.com/reports/PV8GMFMI20130507215044.zip the password is blonde1, Im on phone internet at the minute and for some reason ftp cashier doesnt like phone internet so cant audit the $1500 off there at this time but I will do tomorrow.

Solid action plan ftw. Much better than posting about emotional domestic problems and the pain inside. That stuff always seems to accompany a busto confession, or some dude in a cap crying into the camera. It’s all bollocks really, people want to see actions not words. It’s ok to make a mistake. How you react is the measure of who you are and the character you have. I would want to openly show people who I am and how I atone for my errors. That’s why people suggesting doing the deed and confession in public but the redemption in private are wrong, that is the best part for you. Anyway gl.

More generally it surprises me how relaxed people are about this sort of thing these days. This thread reads like op just got nominated for the advent calendar, with all good luck wishes and kind gestures. I took more stick from mods and members itt than op. Do people really want a community where nobody gives a fuck about such conduct and never speaks up if they aren’t directly involved? Anyway sorry I wasn't polite enough and had the wrong tone, sometimes the pain inside makes me lash out.

Perhaps people are right and this thread should be locked, deleted and put with the others. I mean there’s nothing more unsightly than an untrimmed ladygarden.

Btw I hate that Dave has to always say he hates having to agree with me.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 08, 2013, 11:03:19 AM »

Good luck fella, you're one of the few young uns that seems to have a personality.

Yeah pretty unnecessary dig. A lot of young guys that give a lot to this forum and have great personalities. Ok we aren't all Mr Interesting like you Mr3103

Good to see one of the old uns sticking up for the young uns.

Gl Tom . I know u can do this .
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 08, 2013, 11:06:21 AM »

As much as that is a joke, if Tom is playing any of the staked scoop events for his backers we have potential for another scandal

Probably worth Tom putting a very clear statement on here re the above

Things always seem "obvious" until they are disputed

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 08, 2013, 11:06:45 AM »

Ha, I find myself agreeing with you quite a bit, I have to put that clause in to try hold my credibility Cheesy

Don't want the world to find out I'm a secret Mantis fanboy Tongue

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2013, 11:09:01 AM »

As much as that is a joke, if Tom is playing any of the staked scoop events for his backers we have potential for another scandal

Probably worth Tom putting a very clear statement on here re the above

Things always seem "obvious" until they are disputed

[01:48:26] Alex Carr: We'd like to propose the following:

We stake you for up through $33 freezeouts and $11 rebuys

Only SCOOP's ill be playing will be within these guidelines

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2013, 11:21:27 AM »

Also @cambridgealex there isn't any malicious intent from me towards this individual. I am a longstanding blonde member and poker player so voiced disapproval of this sort of conduct as I prob would with anybody. I don't think my intention was to kick this kid while he is down. Kinda low opinion and conclusions of my intent really.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2013, 11:30:43 AM »

Also @cambridgealex there isn't any malicious intent from me towards this individual. I am a longstanding blonde member and poker player so voiced disapproval of this sort of conduct as I prob would with anybody. I don't think my intention was to kick this kid while he is down. Kinda low opinion and conclusions of my intent really.
Nobody is approving of what happened at all, you completely mocked his confession thread and did it again 2 posts ago. Completely unnecessary and out of order IMO. Do you go to funerals and laugh at all the people crying?

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2013, 11:44:44 AM »

Nobody is approving of what happened at all, you completely mocked his confession thread and did it again 2 posts ago. Completely unnecessary and out of order IMO. Do you go to funerals and laugh at all the people crying?

After he posted the confession he was on Tips for Tikay for chats about punting and was chilling around the forum as normal.

I also mock Luis Suarez when he dives in the box.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2013, 11:49:23 AM »

Less of the "we"

You are too old to be considered a young gun Mr Greek Stein.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 08, 2013, 11:57:34 AM »

Oh Alex, any opportunity to attack and get your clique to come along eh?

I was merely staring the same as others who think this should have been dealt with openly for transparency. As for saying "but they don't use the staking section" - not sure what you're getting at? Regardless of whether I do or don't, it's still in the best interests of this forum to see this sorted openly for future reference and transactions. I think it's about time you looked at the wider picture.

As for saying there was "a malicious under tone", that was again completely out of order from you.

What happens when something like this happens again and we wonder how that should be dealt?

Anyway, fantastic deal for Tom. Some generous people out there & people support you, hope this works out for everyone.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:12:41 PM by aaron1867 » Logged
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2013, 12:50:24 PM »

Less of the "we"

You are too old to be considered a young gun Mr Greek Stein.

For morale what is the cutoff age in this business to be considered young?
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 08, 2013, 01:47:09 PM »

Right, After speaking to Lil'D in private (me going to him not vice versa) I am posting this to be completely out in the open.

Yes I am under it, but this doesn't effect what has happened. SCOOP was a shot yes, but one worth taking imo. To say this was premeditated is just plain wrong. I value blonde and the community alot, I post here daily and speak to people from here off forum daily.

The only misdirection in my original post was that this was done over 2 days, on Thursday 2nd May when I went to see my father and tilted off $2.5k of investors/backers money in inexcusable fashion, the following day I paniced still not in control of my emotions in any way shape or form maybe in a worse state infact human nature and lost the other $2k, I also lost 500 on blackjack. I fucked up I cannot change that and the damage is done. I am taking responsibility for my actions, I'm not bothered about my reputation at the minute all I'm worried about is making sure the people who trusted me with their money as investors is get their money back. Which I have sent them PM's hopefully reassuring them this will happen. I know I will do the right thing, I cant put right the past all I can do is repair the wounds make sure I conduct myself in the neccessary way going forward and hope they heal in time.

I owe blonde poker as a community $3.5k~ all investors know the score and I will keep them all updated via PM's.

I am so sorry to every involved in this and will continue to keep in contact with you all on a regular basis with updates and I will get through this.

Here is the audit for the 2 days http://www7.pokerstars.com/reports/PV8GMFMI20130507215044.zip the password is blonde1, Im on phone internet at the minute and for some reason ftp cashier doesnt like phone internet so cant audit the $1500 off there at this time but I will do tomorrow.

Solid action plan ftw. Much better than posting about emotional domestic problems and the pain inside. That stuff always seems to accompany a busto confession, or some dude in a cap crying into the camera. It’s all bollocks really, people want to see actions not words. It’s ok to make a mistake. How you react is the measure of who you are and the character you have. I would want to openly show people who I am and how I atone for my errors. That’s why people suggesting doing the deed and confession in public but the redemption in private are wrong, that is the best part for you. Anyway gl.

More generally it surprises me how relaxed people are about this sort of thing these days. This thread reads like op just got nominated for the advent calendar, with all good luck wishes and kind gestures. I took more stick from mods and members itt than op. Do people really want a community where nobody gives a fuck about such conduct and never speaks up if they aren’t directly involved? Anyway sorry I wasn't polite enough and had the wrong tone, sometimes the pain inside makes me lash out. Perhaps people are right and this thread should be locked, deleted and put with the others. I mean there’s nothing more unsightly than an untrimmed ladygarden.

Quite Incredible Writing   Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: