blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:55:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  ISPT Forfeiting your Day 2 Stack (And Any Other Thoughts)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ISPT Forfeiting your Day 2 Stack (And Any Other Thoughts)  (Read 6544 times)
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2013, 11:42:51 AM »

I have got this exact dilemma now...... made it through to Wembley last night online but with a 21k stack, the thought of binning this stack for another attempt seems tempting apart from the thought of not getting through again!! will it be a playable stack?? any thought?? its a dilemma for sure! its got my scratching my head. 
Only 29 made it through last night, a bit gutted cause I did have over 40k with 40 players remaining but was card dead or behind some serious action when I had playable hands.

You got 100 bb with a slow clock - seems more than playable to me especially if you have some day ones you can now cash in to cover your costs...there's also no guarantee you would make the top ten percent with another go and how gutted would be then?

Would you regret missing out completely if you failed at another attempt or be ok with it cos you felt your stack was just unplayable (which it isn't)

mumblesrock

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2013, 02:34:24 PM »

think your spot on there smurf, I would be gutted if I didn't get through with other bullets...... I am the sort of person who would be wondering 'what if' I had gone to Wembley....... and I am now of the thought that you gotta be in it to win it???  I would need a decent run of cards early ish on and a bit of luck and some nice play inbetween and it could all happen!!
Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2013, 05:30:12 PM »

I think it would've been pretty good for the prize pool if people could play as many day 1s as they like and take their best stacks through.
This would've been great for the players and the event IMO. Players could play multiple day 1s trying to get a stack and the event would get more day 1 runners overall.

Also think they might have been better scheduling all the online day 1s before the live day 1s as I imagine people like me that don't live close to DTD won't travel at all for the live day 1s and will just try to make it online but if all the online day 1s were 1st, the people that didn't make it through would've been much more willing to go to DTD and grind some day 1s

I agree with both points. Especially that if players were able to play multiple day 1's and take their largest stack through it would help prevent an overlay which in turn would ensure future events like this would take place. It may not be repeated if there is a big short fall.

I would have preffered the day 1's to be like a satellite to the main event which has the 3000 Euro buy in so everyone starts at Wembley with the same stack. However it should be a great event regardless. The chance of One million for a 300 stake (or less if satellited in).  who can afford to miss this?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 05:34:05 PM by Gemini Kings » Logged
mumblesrock

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2013, 05:41:34 PM »

the carrot is the 1Million for the winner... and like me I love playing them and have won it from the 3 dollar events...... so hope for everyone!! get on dtd and play play play for your chance to win!! the is excellent value in the 3 and 33 euro events with 100 seats to be won on a Sunday so get involved blondeys!! 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: