blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:56:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274191 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16956 Members
Latest Member: indianrenters
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  ISPT Live day 1 hand.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ISPT Live day 1 hand.  (Read 3539 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2013, 04:08:04 AM »

SO, we are in the ISPT with a stack of about 220-250k at 600/1200. We pick up the  . We make it 2500, from the hijack, and get three calls from the btn, the SB and the BB.

Flop comes  . We c-bet to 4800, at get a call from the btn and a fold from both blinds.

We turn literally the gayest card in the deck, the  . We bet 7200, which I kinda don't like, and get raised to 20k. Guy has about 50k behind. We flat, which again I'm not entirely sure I like, almost certainly prefer a check call here over a bet call, although I don't totally hate it, I don't want to see a 4th heart and all that. Anyway...

River is the  , and we check to the villain, he shoves his remaining stack, which amounts to a little less than 50k. Pot now is 59600 (+antes). Guy is a very standard satellite entry player, played pretty tight over the few hours of experience we have with him, has yet to show down a bluff or even a steal attempt. Thoughts on play? Call or fold river, and our turn play?

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 04:59:16 AM »

SO, we are in the ISPT with a stack of about 220-250k at 600/1200. We pick up the  . We make it 2500, from the hijack, and get three calls from the btn, the SB and the BB.

Flop comes  . We c-bet to 4800, at get a call from the btn and a fold from both blinds.

We turn literally the gayest card in the deck, the  . We bet 7200, which I kinda don't like, and get raised to 20k. Guy has about 50k behind. We flat, which again I'm not entirely sure I like, almost certainly prefer a check call here over a bet call, although I don't totally hate it, I don't want to see a 4th heart and all that. Anyway...

River is the  , and we check to the villain, he shoves his remaining stack, which amounts to a little less than 50k. Pot now is 59600 (+antes). Guy is a very standard satellite entry player, played pretty tight over the few hours of experience we have with him, has yet to show down a bluff or even a steal attempt. Thoughts on play? Call or fold river, and our turn play?

Going to sound very unlike me and say fold turn ideally as he's never bluffing and hasn't got enough for us to house up... but we all know we're not folding in game.

But would like to fold river I guess....
Seems frustrating but don't expect him to go off on one as described with just two purrs....

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 09:59:12 AM »

is definitely not the greatest turn, one of the worst actually.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 10:01:09 AM »

Ask him if he can beat a straight. See what happens. We are folding surely? If he has KQ somehow then tell everyone you had aces.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 10:06:21 AM »

Pretty trivial fold.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 10:33:49 AM »

Going to sound very unlike me and say fold turn ideally as he's never bluffing and hasn't got enough for us to house up... but we all know we're not folding in game.

Please explains this for me Smiley

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
s4ooter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 10:58:14 AM »

Yea, seems like a pretty puke but std fold! Sad

Co-Presenter of "In The Muck Poker" Podcast
Pointless Champion - Blonde 2013

Blogging at http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=13225.180
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 11:06:55 AM »

The  makes our hand worse not better on the turn. Happy to check the turn and hope he only bets once so i can call. If we dont bet the turn and he keeps his sizeing small enough we can call. Obviously he does not always have a flush but the way the betting has gone now i would say im 95% certain he has a flush.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 11:18:50 AM »

Vs his stack size I'm not betting the turn. Give yourself a cheaper chance to house up on the river.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 11:50:58 AM »

Check call turn.  Eval river.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 11:57:41 AM »

whats his peeling range on the button?  both out there

so we lose basically to JThh and his suited Ah combos (but he has no need to raise these on turn)

its a call for me

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 01:04:03 PM »

id bet that hed raise turn with axhh i think?

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 01:09:01 PM »

Please explains this for me Smiley

just did the numbers as I made a tired assumption last night.

We do in fact have exactky the right odds if we stack him every time.

14k to win 47+ 50 on a pairup = 7-1
10 outs x 1 = 5-1
Call and cf non pairups and we make money if my just woken up maths is correct??

GaryM

@PaddyLemon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 01:55:32 PM »

This is the street I have trouble with. Villain has position so he can only call or re-raise the turn. If he's made his flush, why re-raise? He's turning his hand face up.

@PaddyLemon
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 02:02:39 PM »

This is the street I have trouble with. Villain has position so he can only call or re-raise the turn. If he's made his flush, why re-raise? He's turning his hand face up.

Maybe, but you are still temped to call both streets? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: