blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1016184 times)
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #5595 on: March 09, 2019, 03:56:28 PM »

Sandown was a joke today, if a jockey had mistook the winning line and dropped his hands the stewards would be down on him/her like a ton of bricks, but its prob all ok that one of those pompous twats can fk up big time.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: March 09, 2019, 03:57:45 PM »

Sandown was a joke today, if a jockey had mistook the winning line and dropped his hands the stewards would be down on him/her like a ton of bricks, but its prob all ok that one of those pompous twats can fk up big time.

Total f up.

I guess from your tone you were on Rosie.?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: March 09, 2019, 04:01:51 PM »

i had backed Boldmere which was nowhere ... .....just annoys me that the stewards are quick to blame and fine/ban jockeys for split second mistakes but nothing done about their fk ups

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: March 09, 2019, 05:46:41 PM »

Take it all back

Moaned it in

Wont here a bad word about skybet!

What a rollercoaster!

They should probably sort out that thing they've known about for years, though.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: March 09, 2019, 06:42:27 PM »

Any bookies who offered Money Back as Cash if your horse "loses" would have had a mare of an afternoon.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: March 10, 2019, 08:13:02 AM »

i had backed Boldmere which was nowhere ... .....just annoys me that the stewards are quick to blame and fine/ban jockeys for split second mistakes but nothing done about their fk ups

Yup. Agree totally.

I saw some fall out on RUK where a rather camp young chap was saying it wasn't an issue as they hadn't weighed in, and therefore not an issue, before he flounced off back to the stewards room.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: March 10, 2019, 09:58:21 AM »

Take it all back

Moaned it in

What a rollercoaster!

Are you talking about the winning posts?  It is pretty hard because the chase course and the hurdle course are different.   The hurdle course goes straight up the rail, but the chase course goes up and over the pond fence. 

If they put the finishing posts together on the far side, one side of the track would get an advantage in either the hurdle or chase races.  If they did, it should probably be the chase track that suffers, as the hurdle rail would be too much of an advantage.   Don't think they can redesign the whole course and it is good to have quirks, and I love Sandown.  I am glad that I wasn't an on course bookie there.   I am not sure why punters are moaning, if the right winner wa settled in the end, they haven't lost anything.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: March 10, 2019, 10:09:53 AM »

Take it all back

Moaned it in

What a rollercoaster!

Are you talking about the winning posts?  It is pretty hard because the chase course and the hurdle course are different.   The hurdle course goes straight up the rail, but the chase course goes up and over the pond fence. 

If they put the finishing posts together on the far side, one side of the track would get an advantage in either the hurdle or chase races.  If they did, it should probably be the chase track that suffers, as the hurdle rail would be too much of an advantage.   Don't think they can redesign the whole course and it is good to have quirks, and I love Sandown.  I am glad that I wasn't an on course bookie there.   I am not sure why punters are moaning, if the right winner wa settled in the end, they haven't lost anything.   

I think the ones that suffered were the punters who claimed their place money from the bookies in exchange for their tickets.

If they then returned to the bookie and said they wanted the winnings for the amended first place they were told to fill out a form and make a claim which might take weeks.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: March 10, 2019, 10:14:17 AM »

Take it all back

Moaned it in

What a rollercoaster!

I think the ones that suffered were the punters who claimed their place money from the bookies in exchange for their tickets.

If they then returned to the bookie and said they wanted the winnings for the amended first place they were told to fill out a form and make a claim which might take weeks.

Ah ok, I didn't realise that.  I have just seen a bunch of people moaning online on twitter etc.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: March 10, 2019, 10:18:32 AM »

Take it all back

Moaned it in

What a rollercoaster!

I will just add that because Sandown slopes down towards the inside, a lot of chase runners will naturally drift down towards the far rail even if it is a disadvantage to do so.   So if I had to move one winning post, it would be the chase one.

Good to see you and your Dad last night Tal.  Enjoyed it.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: March 10, 2019, 10:44:34 AM »

Take it all back

Moaned it in

What a rollercoaster!

Are you talking about the winning posts?  It is pretty hard because the chase course and the hurdle course are different.   The hurdle course goes straight up the rail, but the chase course goes up and over the pond fence.  

If they put the finishing posts together on the far side, one side of the track would get an advantage in either the hurdle or chase races.  If they did, it should probably be the chase track that suffers, as the hurdle rail would be too much of an advantage.   Don't think they can redesign the whole course and it is good to have quirks, and I love Sandown.  I am glad that I wasn't an on course bookie there.   I am not sure why punters are moaning, if the right winner wa settled in the end, they haven't lost anything.  

I will just add that because Sandown slopes down towards the inside, a lot of chase runners will naturally drift down towards the far rail even if it is a disadvantage to do so.   So if I had to move one winning post, it would be the chase one.

Good to see you and your Dad last night Tal.  Enjoyed it.

Thanks, Doobs. You too.

Anything would be better than having two identical posts. One bright yellow and lit up. Easily removable posts? Marking one 'CHASE and one HURDLE? Quirks are having a golf course in the middle or a road running through the track. This one is man made and an avoidable inconvenience.

Not spitting feathers here. Just seems a bit daft really.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 10:46:33 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: March 10, 2019, 10:46:24 AM »

Take it all back

Moaned it in

What a rollercoaster!

I will just add that because Sandown slopes down towards the inside, a lot of chase runners will naturally drift down towards the far rail even if it is a disadvantage to do so.   So if I had to move one winning post, it would be the chase one.

Good to see you and your Dad last night Tal.  Enjoyed it.

Thanks, Doobs. You too.

Anything would be better than having two identical posts. One bright yellow and lit up. Easily removable posts? Marking one 'CHASE and one HURDLE?

I'm pretty sure the second "lollipop" is red, not sure what colour the first one is.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: March 10, 2019, 11:28:37 AM »

Take it all back

Moaned it in

What a rollercoaster!

Are you talking about the winning posts?  It is pretty hard because the chase course and the hurdle course are different.   The hurdle course goes straight up the rail, but the chase course goes up and over the pond fence.  

If they put the finishing posts together on the far side, one side of the track would get an advantage in either the hurdle or chase races.  If they did, it should probably be the chase track that suffers, as the hurdle rail would be too much of an advantage.   Don't think they can redesign the whole course and it is good to have quirks, and I love Sandown.  I am glad that I wasn't an on course bookie there.   I am not sure why punters are moaning, if the right winner wa settled in the end, they haven't lost anything.  

I will just add that because Sandown slopes down towards the inside, a lot of chase runners will naturally drift down towards the far rail even if it is a disadvantage to do so.   So if I had to move one winning post, it would be the chase one.

Good to see you and your Dad last night Tal.  Enjoyed it.

Thanks, Doobs. You too.

Anything would be better than having two identical posts. One bright yellow and lit up. Easily removable posts? Marking one 'CHASE and one HURDLE? Quirks are having a golf course in the middle or a road running through the track. This one is man made and an avoidable inconvenience.

Not spitting feathers here. Just seems a bit daft really.

I do like the chase and hurdle idea.   No idea what colour they both are, but got a good idea of the geography as I was a member there for years. 

I guess they'll sort it now one way or the other.

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: March 10, 2019, 12:37:51 PM »

there is a red 'lollipop' that they move to  either post depending if its hurdles or chase, it was in correct position, just the knob in charge of the photo button didnt know or see it .
yes adz that bloke that was on tv explaining it was right donut Cheesy

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: March 12, 2019, 07:18:39 PM »

Le Richbourg has completed scuppered my big plans.

Was hoping to get Duc Des Genivres to eith the Close Bros or Grand Annual, as they had clearly been not trying very hard.

However he then bolted up LTO, was introduced into the Arkle Market, where I did take some 20s and 16s, just in case, but not enough.

Todays happenings have seen him shrink to as low as a stand out with Billy(who are also stand out with Defi who could be his biggest danger if rerouted).

Elated on one hand frustrated and reminded to be careful on the other.

Booooooooooooomio.

I hope a few got on.

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: