blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:54:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The WSOP 2013
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The WSOP 2013  (Read 186226 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: July 02, 2013, 06:33:54 PM »

the banks rape us as it is, i'd rather pay my vig to someone who might take a piece of me or vice versa or just who isn't a corporation.

personally don't know David, and have in no way been trying to intimate anything other than childish enjoyment of puns, and a childish willingness to jump on a passing band wagon.

still obv going to do my job and root for recs over pros all day long.
Very understandable, continue to use banks in that case, that's what I do too. I don't bother finding other people to hate on tho while doing it, what's the point?

Who told u rooting for recs was your job? Not sure it's gonna make a massive difference to u. Presumably u do this every day, three finals a day, looking up the jobs of each final table player to find out who to hate on? Same when Jake/Moorman/Barny make a final? Anti-rail every pro? Has this policy benefited u much?

I wish I didn't have to use the banks!!

hating on people is fun (given that hating is violently over exaggerating it).

I decided that being a pro it was better for the fish to win every pot they played rather than the reg who has good brm, plays well and will be taking money out of the game. if anyone is a pro and thinks differently then they are silly.

Why would I want a winning reg to get all the gold, it's bad for me.
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 02, 2013, 06:34:50 PM »

Had there been no vig issue the rail wouldn't have been close to a Jake, a Moorman or a Barney rail anyway. Didn't he final a 1.5k earlier this year already? Doubt the rail was more than 15 deep then and not a shoebomb in sight.

As far as I'm aware he isn't a character, doesn't drink or have any stories to tell so the love isn't there as much as it is for everyone else who gets involved with the "british rail".

Different strokes for different folks, if he wanted admiration and to be pally with everyone he'd have never charged vig instead he wants to squeeze money from everywhere and his objective is to make money from poker not an abundance of friends.

So I wish him best of luck and hope he does win, be awesome if he offloaded it all VIG free to brits only or something afterwards but i'm sure hes happy doing what hes doing.

Stevie is the best
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 02, 2013, 06:35:08 PM »

There's a big difference between no rail and an anti rail.

For me to spend $20 on a taxi and spend a couple of hours + of my time railing someone, I would actively want someone to win. More than likely a friend.

I have no real opinion of Vamplew, I know I don't like his decision to charge Vig for currency transactions after he has won the lot, but apart from that a couple of tiny insignificant actions that left a tiny bad taste in my mouth, I have no real real opinion of the fella.

Nationality has no bearing on this. You need to earn respect and friendship. And if your actions mean you don't garner respect, you won't make friends. Where you are born isn't an issue imo.

I won't be cheering him to win. Or lose.

I simply don't care.

Hmmm had a change of heart?

he will be charging me 2% if nobody else binks in the next week, come on boys!

dont buy it off the little nerd

i dont know him at all and havent had previous dealings with him. Can understand it tbh, just prefer someone im close with to win in next few days,

Irrelevant.

Unless he actively dislikes you charging vig after he's won all that is the tightest thing I have heard in ages.

Only good thing about it is: I've got a new player to funk against Smiley

I started putting smilies into posts to indicate I am joking.

Clearly not enough.

Going to have to stop making jokes.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 02, 2013, 06:54:53 PM »

For me to spend $20 on a taxi and spend a couple of hours + of my time railing someone, I would actively want someone to win. More than likely a friend.

I have no real opinion of Vamplew, I know I don't like his decision to charge Vig for currency transactions after he has won the lot, but apart from that a couple of tiny insignificant actions that left a tiny bad taste in my mouth, I have no real real opinion of the fella.

Nationality has no bearing on this. You need to earn respect and friendship. And if your actions mean you don't garner respect, you won't make friends. Where you are born isn't an issue imo.

I simply don't care.

i dont know him at all and havent had previous dealings with him. Can understand it tbh, just prefer someone im close with to win in next few days,

Irrelevant.

Unless he actively dislikes you charging vig after he's won all that is the tightest thing I have heard in ages.

Clearly not enough.

ah fair enough. that was Jason Herbert's tactic and look where he ended up!

dont stop making jokes Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 02, 2013, 06:56:44 PM »

the banks rape us as it is, i'd rather pay my vig to someone who might take a piece of me or vice versa or just who isn't a corporation.

personally don't know David, and have in no way been trying to intimate anything other than childish enjoyment of puns, and a childish willingness to jump on a passing band wagon.

Very understandable, continue to use banks in that case, that's what I do too. I don't bother finding other people to hate on tho while doing it, what's the point?

Who told u rooting for recs was your job? Not sure it's gonna make a massive difference to u. Presumably u do this every day, three finals a day, looking up the jobs of each final table player to find out who to hate on? Same when Jake/Moorman/Barny make a final? Anti-rail every pro? Has this policy benefited u much?

I decided that being a pro it was better for the fish to win every pot they played rather than the reg who has good brm, plays well and will be taking money out of the game. if anyone is a pro and thinks differently then they are silly.

I wish I didn't too. I wish I didn't have to pay for lots of things. Doesn't help.

Hating isn't fun, there's a lot more fun things to do, esp if you're in Vegas. So u do anti-rail every pro, no cheering on Moorman, Jake etc? There must be better things to do. Expecting the same if u ever make a final?

I honestly don't think if Vamplew wins a bracelet today or comes third for 300k or whatever it's gonna affect your life in the slightest.

As was said earlier, his rail in general won't be as deep/loud as he's not that regular on the UK scene and not mates with as many people, just the same as the Steve Jelinek example I used and no doubt the likes of Matthew Ashton, Stevie444, James Parks and lots of other finalists.

That's fine, noones beating the drum for a UK uprising to support a random person u don't know. It's the anti-railing and sending stupid twitter messages that are affecting his preparation and his head before an important day that are uncalled for. Putting the word vig into a sentence is (obv hilarious but) one thing, saying you'd rather be dead than make a final with a shit rail like that is another
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 02, 2013, 06:57:54 PM »

I simply don't care.

Irrelevant.

Clearly not enough.

Digging up previous posts to try and make people look stupid was another one of his tactics so heed your own advice Alex!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 02, 2013, 07:04:37 PM »

I simply don't care.

Irrelevant.

Clearly not enough.

Digging up previous posts to try and make people look stupid was another one of his tactics so heed your own advice Alex!

another one of who's tactics?! Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #472 on: July 02, 2013, 07:23:00 PM »

I wish I didn't too. I wish I didn't have to pay for lots of things. Doesn't help.

Hating isn't fun, there's a lot more fun things to do, esp if you're in Vegas. So u do anti-rail every pro, no cheering on Moorman, Jake etc? There must be better things to do. Expecting the same if u ever make a final?

I honestly don't think if Vamplew wins a bracelet today or comes third for 300k or whatever it's gonna affect your life in the slightest.

As was said earlier, his rail in general won't be as deep/loud as he's not that regular on the UK scene and not mates with as many people, just the same as the Steve Jelinek example I used and no doubt the likes of Matthew Ashton, Stevie444, James Parks and lots of other finalists.

That's fine, noones beating the drum for a UK uprising to support a random person u don't know. It's the anti-railing and sending stupid twitter messages that are affecting his preparation and his head before an important day that are uncalled for. Putting the word vig into a sentence is (obv hilarious but) one thing, saying you'd rather be dead than make a final with a shit rail like that is another

sick not in vegas rubs!!

Ofc I would anti rail any pro against a rec that I didn't have a financial incentive in, there are close friends and people I barely know who I really respect who I wouldn't but I don't see why that's anything other than sensible.

If I ever make a final and people are not supportive oh noes, rofl, the money can mediate.

the actual results are neither here nor there to me.

All the twitter stuff was just puns I really enjoyed, I love a good pun off (i'm terrible I mainly just watch and enjoy).

People often exaggerate things to either make a point or w/e, it's hardly right to take everything everyone says in any format of communication as 100% solid legit exactly what they think.

Also gotta say, if people he's never met can send a twitter message and put him off his game then wat the actual feck. the guys a boss, already proven that, and is clearly going to be confident in his play. Who even says that he would want a really loud rowdy rail maybe he would feel uncomfortable, I deffo would in alot of the situations as I think the uk rail goes way ott just for the sake of it alot of the time.

I'm more of a wimbledon kinda respect the play person than the uk darts where everyone cheers and shouts mid shot.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 02, 2013, 07:44:34 PM »

Just to confirm, when I final a WSOP donkament next year, everyone's invited to the rail. Haters, fanboys, wannabes, eunuchs, tweeters, bloggers, iPhone users, atheists, even the Scottish.

Just as long as I win.

Happy to have a photo like Barny's with a cheering crowd behind him or a photo where there's a load of crying haters and me holding my glistening gold symbol of victory in the air like a brummie Undertaker c.1995.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 02, 2013, 07:50:22 PM »

I presumed u were in Vegas because it seems to matter to u if a guy over there is gonna win 300k or 600k today. Not sure why u think it's in your job description, but let me assure u it's not. U can argue both ways, keep 300k in the poker scene or let some builder from tennessee retire 5 years earlier, that help your career much either? When u weigh up the pros and cons, it's not gonna matter in your life or job a great deal.

All the twitter stuff was not all puns, I even gave an example of one I saw which is not a pun, so there's no point discussing that if u ignore the facts because it doesn't suit what you're saying.

No matter how confident u are in your play, being anti-railed would not be nice. He's a human being as well as a poker player. Having people he might like or respect, or complete strangers, willing u to fail can't be the greatest feeling no matter how mentally strong u are. Even if he is mentally strong enough to block it out, why should he? What has he done wrong? Half the people anti-railing have done far worse, owe more money, etc etc.

I completely agree, I wouldn't be partic enjoying playing with a loud rail I don't think, wouldn't really mind either way. Far more important the people I respect are there to talk through situations and their views of hands. Couldn't agree more with George in the posts he's made, esp about letting the rail dictate whether u enjoyed winning your bracelet or not which Guy stated. Win half a mill in silence with noone singing? Must be terrible....just means u have less drinks to buy. I've been on both sides and don't think it matters too much
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #475 on: July 02, 2013, 07:55:23 PM »

if it doesn't matter either way why would I root for the person who I don't know but who I know likely has the least chance of putting the money back into the poker economy at any point, and putting it back in such a way that it is accessible.

I wasn't trying to validate others tweets, and nor did I not mention it, I said that some things are exaggerated and lots of phrases are used (esp like hating on someone) where the word is really implying way too strong a meaning for the context in which it was used. obviously both on the internet and when we are with groups who have different norms some phrases will be seen wholly incorrectly.

I do get your point though jaffa, both in terms of hating being pointless (still gives me something to do) and in terms of the rail aspects to it.

def helps when there are less people to buy a drink when you win!

also I reckon if vamps didn't do it so regularly he'd get more of a rail (cheek meet tongue....)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: July 02, 2013, 07:58:50 PM »

Just to confirm, when I final a WSOP donkament next year, everyone's invited to the rail. Haters, fanboys, wannabes, eunuchs, tweeters, bloggers, iPhone users, atheists, even the Scottish.

Just as long as I win.

Happy to have a photo like Barny's with a cheering crowd behind him or a photo where there's a load of crying haters and me holding my glistening gold symbol of victory in the air like a brummie Undertaker c.1995.

I loves me a good eunuch I do.

Absolutely love the smile on barnys face from the bracelet picture, it's not a smarmy I won loads of money or i'm the best or w/e. it's a proper, I really enjoyed that and i'm well chuffed to have finally managed it kinda look. feels really genuine and warm.
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 02, 2013, 07:59:27 PM »

I was going to make a post last night when the anti David posts started but it's good to see most of the later posts have been more reasonable. I've only spoken with him a couple of times and he was a friendly guy for sure. I saw him get slowrolled this wsop and he took it like a champ too and at his 5k final table I saw that there were only around 8 people supporting him but he didn't look phased by that at all so good for him.

I haven't made much effort with the uk community and last year the rail when jp was in the 3k with it me was very lively and fun but not sure it helped him at all. Likewise I didn't feel particularly sad nobody stayed to rail me after he busted. The only bad thing about people having a big rail is when you get knocked out in a big pot and then they go and high five their whole rail before shaking your hand!

Gl David
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 02, 2013, 08:03:09 PM »

This is all ridiculous.

Vamps is one of the hardest working players I know, doubt he's owed anyone a penny for longer than a week and doubt he's negatively affected any of these people's lives before, yet he's being treated like the biggest POS ever.

Unless I've missed something here, how is he being treated like a POS? People are just deciding not to turn up to rail him. Does that mean when I wasn't railing Steve Sung to his $25k win I was treating him like a POS? The twitter nonsense is just nonsense, people giving him stick about the VIG thing nothing that says they are hoping he doesn't win?

The vig thing has put people's backs out a little bit because for ages we've all done currency swaps with each other at spot, I know in a reversal I would have 100% done it for him at spot, as would pretty much all the guys I imagine. I was one of the people who asked to buy $ from David, he said he would do for 2% vig I said ty but no ty I can get a better deal elsewhere so I did no hard feelings but if the situation were to be reversed I would charge him 2% which im sure he'd pay, happily. I'd be surprised if he didn't do some money swaps for some of his better mates at spot.

Funking against someone for blowing a raspberry at Lady Variance is daft. Goodness knows we'd all like to be that guy.

This is not the reason there is no big rail. If who has been the luckiest was the yardstick of who to support on a final table then Jake's finals would be frickin deserted Tongue

The "UK team" for want of a better word who make up the rowdiest parts of these rails are all quite close, I have been to dinner, shared travel plans, hotels etc with most of them and outside of poker would consider them all to be good-to-very good mates. I would describe my relationshipp with David as a "professional acquaintance" and I'm sure he'd describe me in the same way. That is the reason I am not leaving my days plans to go rail him.

Iv no doubt that David's better friends in poker will be there to support him.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 02, 2013, 08:10:12 PM »

No love for Vamplew among the Brits? Cliffs?

beginning to wish I hadn't asked Smiley

Good luck to the lad, though he should get i.d. checked at least Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: