blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:28:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The WSOP 2013
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The WSOP 2013  (Read 185089 times)
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 02, 2013, 05:07:58 PM »

Don't get the hate towards Vamplew or the conclusion that he must be rididc lucky. He's defo one of the very best I've ever played against, extremely tough to beat, makes very few mistakes. Maybe it's too much of a reality check to admit the guy's really good and that's why he has success? Gl to him, hope he wins.

FWIW I don't agree with charging vig but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, just wouldn't buy off him or anyone charging vig, not gonna change my life or his I wouldn't think

100% agree with all that.

Jeez, the amount of hate that emenates from some people astonishes, they must dread getting out of bed in the morning. Don't like David's vig, don't buy.

I disagreed with David's Vig policy, but it has all got a but out of perspective if haters are anti-railing him for it.

I hope David gets the lot today.
Feels a lot like bullying to me. Not everyone has masses of mates out there or in general, does that make them bad people? Some people I like are getting a bit involved in some pack mentality stuff, maybe they think it's innocent fun, but it's not coming over that way.

Add to that, it's not like the guy just busted, he's trying to focus, going into three handed play with a chip lead. Hope his head is clear and he wins.

Me and Karl were at the Rio a few years ago and went past the final table area to see Steve Jelinek short handed for a bracelet. Nick Gibson was his only railer. The guy he ended up hu with had about 15 rowdy loud Americans cheering him on. Me and Karl stayed and cheered Steve on and home to a bracelet, even giving our opinion and advice when a deal was mooted (the other guy said no and busted next hand lol). Neither of us are close pals with Steve, but we wanted a Brit to do well and felt duty bound to cheer him on and were thrilled for him. If I was in Vegas I'd be going to cheer Vamplew on today I know that much.

Good luck David
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 02, 2013, 05:16:59 PM »

Yeh echo what jeff has said. Seems pretty unreasonable he has no rail. Don't think it'll bother him too much. Seems like a GIQ guy anyway

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 02, 2013, 05:19:48 PM »

Good Post Jeff

I think its fair to say the majority of poker players would get behind fellow Brits in Vegas/abroad regardless of how well they know them .

Very best of Luck to David
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 02, 2013, 05:26:37 PM »

Strikes me that David treats poker like business, therefore it irritates people he doesn't roflspunk his dough on degening, hookers and blow like they do! Kid used to work in Aldi and doesn't wanna end back there, think anti railing is pretty low, especially when proven grimmers probs get less stick.

On the flip side, as he doesn't live his poker life like a 'hero' he doesn't warrant a hero type rail!
Bas

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 02, 2013, 05:28:16 PM »

I'm just completely shocked that 2 days after Barny's rail, something like this could even happen, really shown the best and worst of the UK community in space of the matter of days.

Vamps is one of the hardest working players I know, doubt he's owed anyone a penny for longer than a week and doubt he's negatively affected any of these people's lives before, yet he's being treated like the biggest POS ever.

At least his rail is full of people that unanimously are supporting him because they want to see him do well, for most of the people speaking ill of him, their rail would probably consist more of people waiting in line to get paid.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 02, 2013, 05:30:47 PM »

The world of the Internet has just developed a load of people that say stuff online that they would never dare to say to them in real life face to face. I'm sure most of us have crossed the line at some point when things get heated or are pissed etc but I don't think that is a bad rule to try and live by on the whole.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 02, 2013, 05:43:40 PM »

I think there is a mix of things going on here (I don't know David in the slightest so feel happy to throw this out there)

David, from what I could tell on the stream, barely had a rail at all. Whether he cares or not, I don't know, but I can safely say that those brits that have finalled in the last few years have definitely benefitted from such rails, and it must be an incredible roller coaster to be on - far better than the silence he is sat in

Onto the Vig issue - if players genuinely haven't turned out to support him because of this, then its safe to say its the worst money he will have ever earned (the vig charged I mean). He is missing out on a life experience possibly never to be repeated.  It may be that he does keep himself to himself, or is even disliked (I honestly don't know).

As for the Vig stuff on twitter, it is all harmless fun/banter. Now it may also be that it has cost him some friends/buddies/pals in poker too and that you can easy say that its bullying or gone too far. It don't think that's the case. People are just having a laugh, maybe with a slight edge to it, but its still just humour. Nothing malicious has been said, just trying to get the word "vig" into a silly sentence. Its not bullying.

But like the other thread said, in poker its important to have friends to help you through the tough times, of which there will be some. Maybe this is a little nod to David as to the feeling his Vig charging has generated. He of course might not care less, he might think "business is business", but strikes me that he has lost on this transaction, and what he is losing has no monetary value, but its much much more than he could ever buy, that's for sure

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 02, 2013, 05:50:23 PM »

Really think he doesn't care about the rail. 665k will make him feel better if he does.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 02, 2013, 05:50:58 PM »

Really think he doesn't care about the rail. 665k will make him feel better if he does.

which is very sad indeed if that's the case

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 02, 2013, 05:57:53 PM »

Why is it sad Guy? Cos he hasn't got a bunch of people
He doesn't know using the rail as an excuse for a piss up?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 02, 2013, 05:59:34 PM »

Out of interest what was Nialls rail like in comparison? What have this Ashton's rails been like? In comparison to David and in contrast moorman/Cody?
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 02, 2013, 05:59:48 PM »

No, that you wouldn't want to experience that atmosphere, that buzz that a brit rail generates, its something extra to add to the experience

Obviously each to their own, but although the money would be a  nice thing to have, its not the thing that I would want to remember about the day I won my bracelet

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 02, 2013, 06:00:38 PM »

I wouldn't define winning a bracelet by my rail either.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 02, 2013, 06:03:05 PM »

No, that you wouldn't want to experience that atmosphere, that buzz that a brit rail generates, its something extra to add to the experience

Obviously each to their own, but although the money would be a  nice thing to have, its not the thing that I would want to remember about the day I won my bracelet

I thought your longer post half an hour ago was v good Guy

Personally, and hypothetically as it will never happen, the rpesence of a rail or otherwise wouldn't be important to me

To gregarious outgoing social sorts, I would imagine it is key and a real buzz, and the social stuff a big part of Vegas overall

To an introvert, shy, loner etc perhaps not....

I don't know David, so can't really speak to his character, but it might be something that he couldn't care less about

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 02, 2013, 06:06:17 PM »

I'm kinda on the fence with this one.

I love the UK poker community. I think its awesome when I read reports of everyone going mad on rails. If I was out there and some UK guys made the final I'd like to think I'd be on the rail whether I knew them or not, as long as they were the sort of person who would do the same back. Most of the UK guys are guys who would and that's why the community is great.

A lot of good guys have been expressing very negative emotions towards Vamplew. Not many people are having a great wsop which perhaps goes some way to explaining (not necessarily justifiying) what looks like being a bit OTT but perhaps there's more to it?

I've never met Vamplew. Maybe he's not particularly friendly etc? Charging VIG after such big recent successes to UK guys seems a bit shitty and I'd not be on his rail.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: