blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:53:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  ISPT Wembley. The Final
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ISPT Wembley. The Final  (Read 121569 times)
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2013, 01:09:12 PM »

i spoke to pete this morning when two separate deals were on the table,

to say it was wrecking his head would be an understatement.

the pressure was immense & imo it's hard to fault him locking up 375k with another 200k for play for...i don't think anyone can say they would have done this or that until you are actually in that position.

& of course, great to see nick finally bag a big score!

one of them to lift the trophy pls!!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2013, 01:09:20 PM »

deal had to be expected with no one having millions in the bank(one would assume). its alot of money for these players, think Fassy story is fantastic travelling over without a seat by ferry, that shows great spirit and belief in himself.
but yes linton or nicks would be great,

Gl everyone playing Smiley
       Ross baby (yeahman), i understand why deal was done, but if i had been there only way i would have done a deal was if me & Nick were HU. After all these FT dont come that often & when i get a chance to score big i want to make the most of it ;0)

That's exactly why you should deal Colin.

How often do you get a chance to locked up €200k+

To most it will be once in a life time. I appreciate they had a chance at €1M but even for Pete it was odds against.

If Pete was 2/1 (Alex' odds) then locking up €375k with the chance of a further €200k can't ever be bad.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2013, 01:10:28 PM »

Is this kind of deal standard?

If I was there (lol, need to play a comp to start with) I would want to keep some element of the prizes laddering?

Feel like it really takes something away from it when they lock up set amounts, but now there is no difference between busting 6th or 2nd.

Just me?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2013, 01:10:35 PM »

Play is due to commence any second. The final table room will hold Simon, a dealer, the players and a limited number of staff.

*Formerly freshprinceofbetair

I work in the pokers. This does not make me good at pokers.
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2013, 01:12:55 PM »

If you take the emotion out of it then doing a deal here makes perfect sense.
375k he has bagged a house for a weeks work where most pay a 25 year mortgage.
1st place now can easily be first out with the pots we are going to see.

Well done to all of them
Pawprint

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2013, 01:14:38 PM »

Looks like a good deal to me for everyone.

Too much money in play not to come to some agreement.  Pleased for all six of them, but there is €200k, a trophy and a title to play for, right ?

go Go Go Nick & Pete

JIMIJIMI

Born to win

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2013, 01:15:17 PM »

deal had to be expected with no one having millions in the bank(one would assume). its alot of money for these players, think Fassy story is fantastic travelling over without a seat by ferry, that shows great spirit and belief in himself.
but yes linton or nicks would be great,

Gl everyone playing Smiley
       Ross baby (yeahman), i understand why deal was done, but if i had been there only way i would have done a deal was if me & Nick were HU. After all these FT dont come that often & when i get a chance to score big i want to make the most of it ;0)

That's exactly why you should deal Colin.

How often do you get a chance to locked up €200k+

To most it will be once in a life time. I appreciate they had a chance at €1M but even for Pete it was odds against.

If Pete was 2/1 (Alex' odds) then locking up €375k with the chance of a further €200k can't ever be bad.

maybe Mattyboy but i believe what will be will be & its probably the gambler in me chirping up lol
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2013, 01:16:36 PM »

Getting a good night sleep must have been unlikely for the finalists! Good luck to them all
smokynuts

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »

Is it the normal link for stream or anybody know it?
janstar
janstar

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2013, 01:20:03 PM »

Was just wondering,if 1 player had refused to deal would it have carried on as structured...please forgive me im new to poker.Good luck the Nottingham lads and remember the 25xxl tonite and rest of tourneys at DTD from now on, its time to start helping Rob recover his money.

HULL...WHAT YOU CALL HELL...I CALL HOME....
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2013, 01:20:37 PM »

Is this kind of deal standard?

If I was there (lol, need to play a comp to start with) I would want to keep some element of the prizes laddering?

Feel like it really takes something away from it when they lock up set amounts, but now there is no difference between busting 6th or 2nd.

Just me?

Nah, I thought the same.  Why not take some off the top and distribute it to the different finishing positions so that they've still got something to play for (for each position they ladder), rather than just playing for first.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TopTen

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2013, 01:21:08 PM »

Only a fool or a fool with more money than sense wouldn't want to do a deal in this situation.

I feel sorry for the 3 of the "final 9" who missed out on locking something better up!!!!

"Greed is not good!!!"
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2013, 01:22:54 PM »

You also have to take into consideration that as the chip leader you have less of an edge after the deal has been done (no ICM / ladder pressure).

If I had 100% of myself in this spot, I probably snap deal cause regardless of anything else, the money would make a big difference to my life.  If I had 50% of myself, I might be more inclined to continue OR want to leave less money in the middle for the winner.

Either way, congrats to all and GL to the blondes.
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2013, 01:24:44 PM »

They are underway. The stream is running to a delay obvz and I will be updating from when it starts at 13.35.

*Formerly freshprinceofbetair

I work in the pokers. This does not make me good at pokers.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2013, 01:27:36 PM »

It's very easy to say "id never deal here" - Pete asked my opinion on the deal this morning and whereas I could offer reasonable advice, i'm not sat there where every pot you play could be a £250,000 pot. Pressure of high stakes gambling is immense - until you gambled for this kind of money it's hard to know what you'd do. I advised Pete NOT to take the deal straight away but feel pretty certain I would have taken the deal in his spot.

I am adament i never run it twice in cash games but wait till there's $50k in the pot and I change my principle very quickly lol.

Also @ TopTen - it's not "greed" it's sacrificing profit to remove RISK, or taking on more RISK to maximise profit - it's unlikely the deal for a profitable one for more than 2 of the players, the utility value of the money makes a big impact - if, say 300k makes a huge difference to your finances, increasing your ability to make money and bettering your quality of life then it would be, as you say "foolish" not to sacrifice some profit to lock that up - as the variance of missing out damages your living. Like in deal or no deal, the box clearly worth a decent bit more the £21,000 but the women has £900 in her current account, owes her mum £1500 and has £1800 worth of creedit card debts - there is NO WAY she cannot take that money, even if the box is worth £35,000. If she's got a steady job, no money worries and a few quid in savings then she'd prolly turn £28,000 down and be right to do so.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: