blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:58:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  ISPT Wembley. The Final
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ISPT Wembley. The Final  (Read 121648 times)
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2013, 01:31:50 PM »

deal had to be expected with no one having millions in the bank(one would assume). its alot of money for these players, think Fassy story is fantastic travelling over without a seat by ferry, that shows great spirit and belief in himself.
but yes linton or nicks would be great,

Gl everyone playing Smiley
       Ross baby (yeahman), i understand why deal was done, but if i had been there only way i would have done a deal was if me & Nick were HU. After all these FT dont come that often & when i get a chance to score big i want to make the most of it ;0)

BUT U WILL NEVER/NEVER MADD THAT FT .. U R A BIG FISHHHH
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2013, 01:34:46 PM »

Is this kind of deal standard?

If I was there (lol, need to play a comp to start with) I would want to keep some element of the prizes laddering?

Feel like it really takes something away from it when they lock up set amounts, but now there is no difference between busting 6th or 2nd.

Just me?

Nah, I thought the same.  Why not take some off the top and distribute it to the different finishing positions so that they've still got something to play for (for each position they ladder), rather than just playing for first.

Agree, why it is always "chop it up and play for x ftw"?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Deal seems off since Linton wanted 375 when 9handed with 8m, now is getting 375 with 6 left and 11m.

Deal doesn't take into account any skill edge either.

I would've defo dealt in his shoes fwiw, the money is so ridiculous, very likely never be in this situation ever again.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2013, 01:35:57 PM »

Yeh tough call but think Pete could've got more. Delighted for him and Nick tho

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2013, 01:36:23 PM »

Great deal for all imo. Huge Overlay, Huge difference between 6th and 1st, and 6 very good players - where as know, everything can change in one hand.
Well done Linton and Nick. Always awesome for DTD regs to do well in any comp and lock up life changing money.

I was not fortunate to actually play this event, but the updates, photos, humor and atmosphere of this forum has really made this tournament special. Big tip for Blonde?Huh?

Awesome.

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2013, 01:36:49 PM »

Was just wondering,if 1 player had refused to deal would it have carried on as structured...please forgive me im new to poker.Good luck the Nottingham lads and remember the 25xxl tonite and rest of tourneys at DTD from now on, its time to start helping Rob recover his money.

In a word yes, if one player had said no deal they'd have carried on.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2013, 01:36:55 PM »

Also, to use the deal or no deal example, the lady is never going to be in that chair again, so making a longrun +EV play for a sample size of one is much less effective.

Unless Pete goes on the mother of all heaters for the next few years, the occasions where he gets in this position again will be very few and very far between.

He's weighed up the options, taken advice, done some maths, factored in the emotional/practical stuff, done some more maths and reached the conclusion that shaking hands works for him.

I don't think anyone is really criticising the decision - at least, no one should be - as it's his decision, made in a context (as lilD says) few if any truly understand.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2013, 01:38:39 PM »

Took me that long to write that post 400 of you have commented since LilD's post. That's what I was replying to.

As you were.

Cheesy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2013, 01:40:47 PM »

My view of the final table from the press room.

*Formerly freshprinceofbetair

I work in the pokers. This does not make me good at pokers.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2013, 01:42:56 PM »

Also, to use the deal or no deal example, the lady is never going to be in that chair again, so making a longrun +EV play for a sample size of one is much less effective.

Unless Pete goes on the mother of all heaters for the next few years, the occasions where he gets in this position again will be very few and very far between.

He's weighed up the options, taken advice, done some maths, factored in the emotional/practical stuff, done some more maths and reached the conclusion that shaking hands works for him.

I don't think anyone is really criticising the decision - at least, no one should be - as it's his decision, made in a context (as lilD says) few if any truly understand.

Think Pete'd disagree with you about the amount of times he'll be playing for this amount of wedge Cheesy

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2013, 01:44:04 PM »

Think Pete'd disagree with you about the amount of times he'll be playing for this amount of wedge Cheesy

Happy to be wrong, as long as I'm also still in the comp when he is negotiating

GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2013, 01:44:11 PM »

Chip counts and seat draw, for players as they started, are as follows:

1: Pete Linton   11,070,000
2: Xavier el Fassy   4,555,000
3: Nick Hicks   6,230,000
4: Jakub Michalak      4,825,000
5: Alban Juen   7,615,000
6: Gwendoline Janot   6,230,000

GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2013, 01:45:15 PM »

When the stream starts I hope everyone competes for the round of applause from me for best lookalike.

janstar
janstar

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2013, 01:45:45 PM »

Was just wondering,if 1 player had refused to deal would it have carried on as structured...please forgive me im new to poker.Good luck the Nottingham lads and remember the 25xxl tonite and rest of tourneys at DTD from now on, its time to start helping Rob recover his money.

Thank you sir....Been in pro rugby league for over 40yrs,winning is everything to us and money is just a bi product of your sucsses or failure,i cant imagine any situation i would deal in normal circumstances but as they left 200k in and there is to be a winner it makes sence to deal.....

HULL...WHAT YOU CALL HELL...I CALL HOME....
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2013, 01:47:59 PM »

Thank you sir....Been in pro rugby league for over 40yrs,winning is everything to us and money is just a bi product of your sucsses or failure,i cant imagine any situation i would deal in normal circumstances but as they left 200k in and there is to be a winner it makes sence to deal.....

Rugby league players move clubs for money. Players move to the NRL for more money. Players even move to union for more money - so to say players are just in it for the glory and to win is inaccurate.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2013, 01:49:37 PM »

Twitter update:

Simon Aces Trumper ‏@dusk_till_dawn_: ISPT final table today at Wembley, download to watch LIVE who will be the winner of ONE MILLION EUROS! http://itun.es/i6xx3BY  #iTunes

Rich Prew ‏@tighty: Ispt final commentary starting soon with me. 30 min delay.

julian thew ‏@julian_thew
: rushed out & bought the #wreckitralph dvd to keep the kiddies entertained while i watch the #ispt FT...go on pete & nick!! #helluvafather

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: