blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:08:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Poker Media Mid Life Crisis
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Media Mid Life Crisis  (Read 130181 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #540 on: June 25, 2014, 10:48:58 AM »

This is why I like the old twitter (dont let Keith the Camel see me talking to his arch enemy tho). Huge fans of both gents.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: June 25, 2014, 10:51:21 AM »

This is why I like the old twitter (dont let Keith the Camel see me talking to his arch enemy tho). Huge fans of both gents.

This is not a flippant question Barry, but is there now a new Twitter?

The older I get, the better I was.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: June 25, 2014, 10:54:27 AM »

Based on the look of my picture?

Thats because I use a very good application called Tweetdeck, which is good at filtering out the people you dont want to see. So its tweetdeck you are looking at.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: June 25, 2014, 10:55:33 AM »

Oh wait, ignore the last one.

No I was just using 'old' in a Sheffield-y sense. Like 'I'll never forget old whatshisname' and such
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #544 on: June 25, 2014, 11:07:05 AM »

Oh wait, ignore the last one.

No I was just using 'old' in a Sheffield-y sense. Like 'I'll never forget old whatshisname' and such

Ah! The old dialect, like da does.

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: June 25, 2014, 02:26:03 PM »

Based on the look of my picture?

Thats because I use a very good application called Tweetdeck, which is good at filtering out the people you dont want to see. So its tweetdeck you are looking at.

I find the unfollow option is also tremendous at this
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 27, 2014, 10:07:43 PM »

Enjoyed this piece by Barry about "One Drop".

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/Will-the-second-One-Drop-be-better-than-the-first-_84870/

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: July 07, 2014, 11:17:49 AM »

Nice week off, a rare thing for me to press the reset button.

Twas the wife's 30th so I took her to Dublin, mostly because she is nuts about this Dublin based designer called Orla Kiely, so I bought her a fricken expensive handbag.

I took her to see Riverdance. I ran really well, as I suggested it as it was the only thing that was on that i could get tickets too, but it turned out to be her favourite show ever, so mucho browny points for me. Not a huge fan myself, but they did have a cool 'duelling banjos' bit between two blokes to see who could tippety tapp the fastest.

Then out in Sheffield with her friends, the first time I have ever seen her drink so much she had a hangover, which considering she has witnessed me have about 200 hangovers (Including a holiday ruining one on the Eurostar), was particularly enjoyable. She claims it was food poisoning, bless her.

I was dreading checking my email after a week, I really have become quite fearful of email, I heard a great quote along the lines of "email is other people's agenda for your time". Thankfully I essentially came back to nothing - the world carried on without me.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #548 on: July 07, 2014, 11:18:57 AM »

This I must admit got me a bit blubby

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #549 on: July 07, 2014, 11:39:37 AM »

We showed this as part of out Holocaust remembrance day presentation at the Quad theatre in Derby. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: July 07, 2014, 02:04:09 PM »

We showed this as part of out Holocaust remembrance day presentation at the Quad theatre in Derby. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

I think we can sometimes easily forget when someone does something major at the time. I think it was seeing the result (ie. so many people who clearly lived long and probably happy lives) that really hit home.

When my Dad died one of the profound things for me was the funeral. First of all it was rammed, which was nice and surprising. But at the funeral there was one person whose life my Dad literally had saved (He fell face first into circular saw and my old man, who had a fear of blood, stopped the bleeding and got him to hospital) and two people who said he had been like a surrogate father to them (One who almost turned to crime but after getting guidance from Dad became a nurse). That's a hell of legacy.

I have a friend whose son was saved by some extensive surgery at Leeds Cardio Unit, and I am really supportive of that place because it has been threatened with closure and again, I can see the result of the work they do years on, every time I see the little rascal.

Plus it's nice for a That's Life video to go viral, sausages.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #551 on: July 17, 2014, 09:35:49 PM »

This
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 10, 2014, 11:39:14 PM »

So, possibly bizarrely, I learned the other week that Lauren Laverne used to be a singer and that she was in a moderately successful band. Also the voice of an enjoyable Mint Royale song. Never even knew.

Several hours of youtubage later, I feel qualified to ask you:

We're you a Kernickie fan?

(Seems like the most likely diary to get a response other than "eh?!")

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #553 on: August 11, 2014, 07:17:42 AM »

No I was very aware of them at the time and I both fancy the pants off her and love her as a now, think she is very funny on radio 6. But not a fan, though did feel she jacked in the music prematurely as she was only 16 or something when she got famous
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: August 11, 2014, 12:49:11 PM »

Does this mean this is now the diary for questions over obscure indie music likes and dislikes? Fantastic.

Were you ever a fan of the short-lived indie pop band The Milltown Brothers?

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: