blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:27:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272598 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Poker Media Mid Life Crisis
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Media Mid Life Crisis  (Read 130220 times)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: May 19, 2014, 11:31:44 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

This blew my mind over the weekend

I remember finding this out about 18 months ago and it was life changing. It's ok when you only ever drive one car easy to remember but I'm always swapping and changing and this little "life hack" really changed your life. I hate filling up my car with petrol, takes forever costs a fortune so if your on the wrong side of the car as well that does not help.

Does anyone know why in England we cannot just say we want it full and let the pump do the work? So tilting!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: May 19, 2014, 02:11:45 PM »

Just catching up on this diary. So much stuff I agree with. As someone who has fairly recently gone back into an office from working from home I can say my productivity is way way higher at home. I think most of that is the ability to work in bursts rather than the forced linear workflow of an office.

And quite funny you talking about Mark Stuart. I've always wondered what he did all day. If you enjoy film-based puns then he might be a friend for life. Next time you're down in town let's try and grab a lunch with the three of us (that Mark can pay for).
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 19, 2014, 02:59:56 PM »

This all you done in 2 months, pah

p.s. shouldn't this be on man up thread
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: May 19, 2014, 03:19:28 PM »

This all you done in 2 months, pah

p.s. shouldn't this be on man up thread

There is actually a potentially hilarious fail (currently a win but I dont trust my handywork) on the cards for that thread. Im giving it a few days to see which it is.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: May 19, 2014, 03:20:19 PM »

Just catching up on this diary. So much stuff I agree with. As someone who has fairly recently gone back into an office from working from home I can say my productivity is way way higher at home. I think most of that is the ability to work in bursts rather than the forced linear workflow of an office.

And quite funny you talking about Mark Stuart. I've always wondered what he did all day. If you enjoy film-based puns then he might be a friend for life. Next time you're down in town let's try and grab a lunch with the three of us (that Mark can pay for).

Yep working in bursts, having a dog helps that.

Will do about free lunch from stars
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 19, 2014, 03:49:37 PM »

There is actually a potentially hilarious fail (currently a win but I dont trust my handywork) on the cards for that thread. Im giving it a few days to see which it is.

Looking forward to it.
How's the book coming along?
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #531 on: May 20, 2014, 11:13:59 AM »

Looking forward to it.

Not good, it's on hiatus for about six weeks.

Basically I thought it was close to finished, then I realised I had just written about 100 people, and about 70 of which currently have no idea they have been written about. So I started to look into the legal side of things and realised there is potentially a lot left to do, if I don't want to get sued. Its probably very unlikely any of the parties written about would sue, but there are so many of them.

Getting liability insurance for a project like this is not cheap. The other option is trying to get in contact with everyone cited and getting their permission. Both quite daunting.

I haven't had much rest in probably four years, I've always had some sort of side project on the go for as long as I can remember. So I've decided to take the better part of the summer off of this (and all) my side projects and actually try and get a fun hobby and relax. Being a workaholic, this is actually quite daunting. I aim to return to the book, and what to do about my (probably OTT) legal concerns after the world cup.

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: May 20, 2014, 11:48:36 AM »

Looking forward to it.

Basically I thought it was close to finished, then I realised I had just written about 100 people, and about 70 of which currently have no idea they have been written about. So I started to look into the legal side of things and realised there is potentially a lot left to do, if I don't want to get sued. Its probably very unlikely any of the parties written about would sue, but there are so many of them.

Getting liability insurance for a project like this is not cheap. The other option is trying to get in contact with everyone cited and getting their permission. Both quite daunting.

I haven't had much rest in probably four years, I've always had some sort of side project on the go for as long as I can remember. So I've decided to take the better part of the summer off of this (and all) my side projects and actually try and get a fun hobby and relax. Being a workaholic, this is actually quite daunting. I aim to return to the book, and what to do about my (probably OTT) legal concerns after the world cup.

Not to be a scaremonger, but libel concerns are definitely not OTT. Libel law in this country is horrific and a book isn't easy to reprint! Get legal advice if you can.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 21, 2014, 02:52:10 AM »

Enjoy the break, if you can stay away from work long enough
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: May 21, 2014, 10:10:55 AM »

Looking forward to it.

Not to be a scaremonger, but libel concerns are definitely not OTT. Libel law in this country is horrific and a book isn't easy to reprint! Get legal advice if you can.

lol, I was hoping you would be the one to say 'stop being so silly, just do it'
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #535 on: May 21, 2014, 11:12:48 AM »

Looking forward to it.

Haha! Sorry. But bearing in mind the potential fallout from both libel and privacy laws, I would be minded to be a bit careful with this one.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 21, 2014, 05:14:34 PM »

Looking forward to it.

Haha! Sorry. But bearing in mind the potential fallout from both libel and privacy laws, I would be minded to be a bit careful with this one.

Unfortunately this is the case, recent changes to the law to stop UK being a destination for libel tourism didn't go nearly far enough. Sad
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: June 23, 2014, 08:55:31 AM »

My best bud in poker Jared Tendler has just had a baby (well his wife did). Jared and his missus have become very close friends with me and mine over the last few years, and we got the little un a present which I think is very clever, but even maybe two years ago might have seemed daft.

I've bought the .com domain name for Jared's daughter's name. She is called Teddy Tendler (weird name for a girl right? I kinda like it though, and think TeddyTendler.com is very memorable). I've got the domain for ten years, I tried to get it for longer but couldnt but obv will have first dibs on extending it. I'm transferring it to Jared of course.

I figured it was fun as a gift because A) the parents can turn it into a virtual baby book and post pictures etc or hopefully B) if she wants to set up a business or becomes famous, she has first dibs on her own name as a URL. Its kind of an aspirational gift.

Of course, by the time she is old enough, websites might be defunct and we all have hover boards and shit instead.

In other news, had a bet on the USA last night, gutted.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: June 23, 2014, 01:16:25 PM »

Happy birthday Teddy.

In other other news, did you realise that it's a year this month since you went in to crisis Bazza?

The older I get, the better I was.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: June 23, 2014, 02:12:24 PM »

Happy birthday Teddy.

In other other news, did you realise that it's a year this month since you went in to crisis Bazza?

That would make sense as its just over a year since I bought the house.

Still in crisis, still not entirely sure what I want to do with the next 5-10 years. I have got a million times better at relaxing though, so that's good.

It's the missuses 30th next week, taking her to Dublin. My last week of bragging about having a bird in her 20s (and thus I keep referring to her upcoming age bracket as the Dirty Thirties)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: