blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 01:24:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272834 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Poker Media Mid Life Crisis
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Media Mid Life Crisis  (Read 131589 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2013, 10:33:59 PM »

Gina  tuts at me for laughing at my own jokes and this was one of them. PokerNews have a very good app where you can report your own stack in an event but I think I spotted a flaw in the design

http://twitter.com/Barry_Carter/status/350000568279891968/photo/1
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2013, 09:54:55 PM »

There are so many cool parts of bringing a book out, I've loved almost every minute of the two I have done. Today I had to do the one bit I have hated so far, which is recording my parts for the audiobook of our second book.

The parts in my own voice for both books are quite small, but they take me forever. I'm just not very good at reading out loud, even when I wrote the thing originally. I might save a couple of my outtakes because they have been pretty comical so far. The whole thing makes me really respect Tikay and the gang at Sky for reading from auto cues.

We were very lucky where audio books are concerned, we got in at the start of the 'glory days' of audiobooks. Not only are they fast becoming very popular because they fit in well with iPhones and such, but Amazon are also throwing a lot of money at them right now.

Amazon/audible have this thing where you can download your first audiobook for free, but the author still gets paid. Even better is that if a new customer goes on to buy two more, the original author gets  an additional $25 extra as a kinda of referral fee. All of which means we can give the books away for free and potentially earn more than the cover price for them.

So if you see us spamming a free audiobook and wonder why we are being so charitable, now you know why. I don't think Amazon will be doing it forever but we are milking it for all it's worth.

Oh well, back to the recording.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 09:56:32 PM by DaveShoelace » Logged
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2013, 12:33:09 PM »

The mother in law is up from Swanage for four days today, so don't be surprised if you get a few bored updates and random dog pictures.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2013, 12:39:25 PM »

Gina  tuts at me for laughing at my own jokes and this was one of them. PokerNews have a very good app where you can report your own stack in an event but I think I spotted a flaw in the design

What I like about that is how you've left the other tab in place 'Take a screenshot with an iPad- wikihow'

Ah! The element of surprise
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2013, 12:45:40 PM »

What I like about that is how you've left the other tab in place 'Take a screenshot with an iPad- wikihow'

lol yes, it does kind of infer that rather than me casually making a joke, I was really really really excited to share my funny as soon as possible.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2013, 07:04:06 PM »

Had a lovely day yesterday with the wife and the dog (and the in law). We took the dog to this cracking place in Sheffield called Rivelin which I think is the best dog walk in Sheffield if you have a rough and tumble dog that likes exploring stuff and getting dirty. He loves swimming more than anything.

Funny occurrence today. His tail does not go higher than 3 or 9 o'clock. It wags still, and he seems very happy, but I thought it was broken.

Turns out it is very common in Labs, especially when there is a change in temperature, they've been swimming and/or are tired. It's called limp tail or 'broken wag'. By all accounts it sorts itself out in a few days.

Loved the Tennis yesterday, the years I wasted on football when I could have been watching tennis and athletics and the like.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2013, 08:08:21 PM »

I grew up in Crosspool so spent a lot of my time in Rivelin as a kid . Its a really beautiful place and of course years ago it was was thriving industry with Sheffield Steel Mills powered by the River Rivelin

We went for a lovely walk yesterday through the top end of Endcliffe Park right through to the  Botanical gardens .There we found out there are live "Midsummer Shows " coming soon by a production company called The Pantaloons who do really funky versions of traditional plays . Not sure if you have been but open air theratre is great and these are all bring your own picnics  & booze .

A Midsummer Nights Dream onThe 2nd of Aug or Sherlock Homes on The 8th.

http://www.thepantaloons.co.uk/shows/summer2013.asp

Let me know if you & Gina fancy either of them
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2013, 09:02:08 PM »

I grew up in Crosspool so spent a lot of my time in Rivelin as a kid . Its a really beautiful place and of course years ago it was was thriving industry with Sheffield Steel Mills powered by the River Rivelin

We went for a lovely walk yesterday through the top end of Endcliffe Park right through to the  Botanical gardens .There we found out there are live "Midsummer Shows " coming soon by a production company called The Pantaloons who do really funky versions of traditional plays . Not sure if you have been but open air theratre is great and these are all bring your own picnics  & booze .

A Midsummer Nights Dream onThe 2nd of Aug or Sherlock Homes on The 8th.

http://www.thepantaloons.co.uk/shows/summer2013.asp

Let me know if you & Gina fancy either of them

Kind of silly to say, given that they were pretty much exclusively performed in the open air of the Globe, but A Midsummer Night's Dream is one of the very best suited Shakespeare plays for an open air summer staging.

Such a romantic play.

No Twelfth Night, tho Smiley

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2013, 09:17:33 PM »

Really fancy it Tal and of course it would be even better if it had been on The Summer Solstice , but of course they can only perform in one location on that night  Smiley

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:27:17 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2013, 09:20:47 PM »

Really fancy it Tal and of course it would be even better if it had been on The Summer Solstice , but of course they can only perform in one location on that night  Smiley

Just have to make do with all the Bottom gags, I suppose.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2013, 09:21:22 PM »

I'm sorry guys, & I don't wish to bring disharmony where there was none, but I must make two points.

1) Shakespeare is bollox.

2) Sheffield folks enjoying culture? Do behave. Sheffield is in Yorkshire. Yorkshire don't do culture.

That apart, do carry on.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2013, 09:22:43 PM »

I'm sorry guys, & I don't wish to bring disharmony where there was none, but I must make two points.

2) Sheffield folks enjoying culture? Do behave. Sheffield is in Yorkshire. Yorkshire don't do culture.

That apart, do carry on.

Shouldn't you be rangemerging, forsooth?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2013, 09:25:49 PM »

That apart, do carry on.

Nah, that's tomorrow.

Today, I shall mostly sleep. Perchance to dream, even.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2013, 09:30:06 PM »

That apart, do carry on.

Nah, that's tomorrow.

Today, I shall mostly sleep. Perchance to dream, even.

Ay there's the rub!
For in that sleep what dreams may come.

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2013, 09:36:19 PM »

That apart, do carry on.

Some of his workings can be a hard read for mere mortals  however the guy was an absolute genius

Sheffield is where its at Tony...

We have  lots of Steel here you know and the Snooker once a year more than enough culture for open air Shakespeare outfits to want to come and perform  Smiley

"To be or not to be ... Still in the main event at the end of day 2...That is the Question  ? "
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: