blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:58:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Poker Media Mid Life Crisis
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Media Mid Life Crisis  (Read 130253 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2013, 10:35:05 AM »

Very addictive game to play with the missus

http://toys.usvsth3m.com/howmuchisthathouse/
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: September 16, 2013, 12:03:18 PM »

So I have just started some personal training sessions at the gym. I used a personal trainer to help me get into my suit for my wedding and he (and gym buddy FUN4FRASER) really helped me a lot. In fact I weighed nearly 16st when I started and got down to 13st 13lb. I am currently 14st 11lb, which is sort of a success in that I havent put ALL the weight back on.

Weighed in at 14st 8 1/2lb today. I am pretty much on course to hit my 6lb loss target, but have only managed to lose 1/4 lb in the last 10 or so days.

My personal trainer has given me a new programme to start today which will hopefully be a boost.

FYI I am not depriving myself of anything or eating any food I wouldn't normally eat. Just being a bit more mindful and trying to eat slower, + all the gym stuff.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: September 20, 2013, 03:49:40 PM »

Agree
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: September 23, 2013, 11:30:39 AM »

My step-sister-in-law (if that's a thing) is at University here in Sheffield and we helped her move back into her halls of residence yesterday. That was a surreal experience for me. I didn't enjoy University, and going back into Halls reminded me of it (they have not changed one bit btw).

Probably the most depressing thing was realising that it had been a full 15 years since I had this experience myself. My mum and dad dropping me off at my own halls at Clifton in Nottingham (scary place). I have a bunch of my 34-35 year old friends who right now are larging it up in Ibiza and it is remarkable how some people my age cling onto their youth, and others, like me, probably go a little bit the other way and probably settle into impending middle age a little too readily.

I didn't enjoy Uni because I didn't make the 'life long friends' I expected to, or party anywhere near as much as I wanted. Its partially because I still spent most of my weekends with my group of school friends, who remain my best friends and people I hang around with to this day. It was also because I didn't put the effort in to make new friends while I was there. Lots of people are surprised when they hear my main group of mates has not changed since I was 11, but we really are a tight group with a very rich subtext of in-jokes that span decades.

Something that has really struck me in the last 3 or 4 weeks is the expression 'youth is wasted on the young'. I'm at a stage now where I really think what I know now about life, work and the fairer sex is what I wished I had known when I was 18. I would have worked harder and sought out more fun experiences in equal measure. But, wouldnt we all? No regrets here of course, I'm the happiest I have ever been and would not change anything, but I am very nostalgic at the moment.

Oh well, I have a very busy day and somehow have to fit 75 minutes of breaking bad into it.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: September 23, 2013, 01:07:25 PM »

With every decade that passes, I realise how immature I was the decade before.

The older I get, the better I was.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 23, 2013, 02:11:09 PM »

I think this is reasonably common that you either made your life long friends from school or uni but not both. While I had friends at school, I realised when I made mates at uni that university ones were much more my type of people and therefore I am still pretty close with my university mates whereas my school friends are simply facebook acquaintances these days.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: September 23, 2013, 02:16:16 PM »

I think this is reasonably common that you either made your life long friends from school or uni but not both. While I had friends at school, I realised when I made mates at uni that university ones were much more my type of people and therefore I am still pretty close with my university mates whereas my school friends are simply facebook acquaintances these days.

Yeah I was thinking about this and I think the reason I expected the lifelong Uni mates was because it is kinda the first time you almost can 'choose' your friends based on your interests and ideals. My school friends and I all have vastly different lives, beliefs etc. However in our case, I think we all have just gone through so many great experiences together and the banter between us is so good, we just all decided thats what meant most to us. Your best friends are always the ones you have the best pisstake material on.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 23, 2013, 03:48:28 PM »

On my first day at uni, one fellow college newcomer asked me as his opening conversational gambit what my school song was.

We haven't kept in touch.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 23, 2013, 03:55:45 PM »

i moved to Uni with 6 friends from school, in the first year we all stayed in seperate halls, but moved in together in the third year. Call us boring but the generic university partying/clubbing banter is very very tiresome.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 23, 2013, 05:13:23 PM »

Been reminded of this today. Nowhere else to post it and not sure whether it ever made blonde before.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: September 23, 2013, 05:43:22 PM »

Yeah I remember when that came out, loved it. Love Sarah Silverman in every possible way. Also think Matt Damon seems a good egg.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 23, 2013, 05:54:26 PM »

Yeah I remember when that came out, loved it. Love Sarah Silverman in every possible way. Also think Matt Damon seems a good egg.

The much underrated (over here, anyway; probably overrated over there...) follow up:

Never been a huge Jimmy Kimmel fan but I thought this was brilliant.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: September 23, 2013, 05:55:03 PM »

Yes, impressive because they got Harrison Ford.

Kimmel has lost some hella weight.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 23, 2013, 06:01:20 PM »

Yes, Ford was a coup. Brad Pitt tho

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: September 30, 2013, 12:25:56 PM »

So last week was the first week where Gina and I had wednesday off instead of saturday (and sunday off as always).

Its weird, deffo has benefits.

Wednesday comes round really quickly, which is nice. However you dont feel like you need a break yet. Its going to be a huge benefit for trivial things we do on saturdays like the big shop, getting haircut, etc.

Working saturdays is also quite nice because nobody bothers me on skype.

I suppose the worst thing is no sooner does a day off start that you are preparing to go to work again. But at the same time, no sooner do you start work than you have another day off to look forward to.

In other news, here is the best bits of my fave episode of Seinfeld:

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: