blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:24:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Wazz VEGAS YEAAAAAH blog inc health & fitness boring stuff
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wazz VEGAS YEAAAAAH blog inc health & fitness boring stuff  (Read 22250 times)
wazz

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2013, 07:14:25 PM »

Touched down yesterday, had the fun experience of taking the train with medium 5 figures in $ on me and through customs on both sides, but it was no fuss really - had to fill out some forms and hang around for a few minutes in a waiting room. No gunmen waiting for me at any point.

After going through some highly stressful personal issues in the last few months (cliffs: broke up with my long-term gf, still staying in the same bed as her), I've decided to take this month away from my personal issues and really work hard. So as well as the 4 MTTs I'm going to play as part of my package, and possibly one or two more, I intend to grind ~ 120-150 hours of cash, probably at the Rio. Gonna head down for my first session in a couple of hours - really looking forward to it!

As I mentioned in that thread, I'm a marathon runner. I didn't do this year - even if I hadn't had a broken thumb, group A strep (nasty tonsillitis, essentially) and a tumultuous personal life leading up to my breakup, I wanted to leave this year 'fallow', partly because it's annoying as fuck to both me and the people I'm asking for sponsorship constantly, but also because I wanted to break - smash, even - the 4 hour target I've always had. First year I was just happy to finish, in 5'27, second year I'm sure I would have got ~ 4'30 were it not for horrendous cramp towards the end, but I sincerely believe I can break even 3'30 if I train hard enough. So that means three things: starting earlier, much earlier, than before; training harder, including weights; and living healthier.

To that end, basically before I'd even unpacked I was off to the supermarket to get some healthy ingredients. I'll be attempting to go mostly carb-free for dinner, no dessert, and little in the way of alcohol while I'm out here. I was pretty shattered after not sleeping before the flight so just had a light snack for dinner and conked out at 10, waking up at 8AM. Pretty happy with that - fully caught up on sleep and adjusted to new sleeping patterns straight away!

So I'll call today Day 1: Ran 7 miles = 11.2 KM @ no incline in 1 hour exactly; 1 set of 7 different abs exercises @ 15 reps; 1 minute of normal plank. Suffered what felt like heartburn or a tight chest or something which made the running quite uncomfortable bordering on painful, but other than that not a particularly difficult run - probably 65-70% effort. I wonder if that's to do with having just woken up.

Off to bank now, then gonna go for a swim, make lunch, and go for a 6-10 hour PLO session @ the Rio.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 07:24:11 PM »

You might also enjoy this diary

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=39684.0

Gl with this, not been reading many diaries but feel like this one could be worth it

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 08:06:48 PM »

Subscribed provided you don't write too much about health and fitness. Bit of a touchy subject for fat lads like me Sad
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 08:19:48 PM »

gl Mike

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 08:26:56 PM »

Subscribed provided you don't write too much about health and fitness. Bit of a touchy subject for fat lads like me Sad

Def this. Good luck.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 08:45:29 PM »

Thanks guys, what I'll do is bunch a few H&F entries together - say a weeks' worth at a time - but they'll all be short descriptions like the one above, my poker adventures will be longer and in more detail.

In the meantime, my investors have been exceptionally lucky in that I have a secret weapon:

(it means 'good luck soap')
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 09:29:19 PM »

Agreed with Stu about fitness !! Good luck in grinding PLO and  hope its a profitable trip . See you sometime in Dtd .
All the best dude .
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 09:49:09 PM »

Gl subbed
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 12:52:32 AM »

Boom in for the ride.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 06:13:26 AM »

OK so I'm basically going to include next to no details about my workouts, just the odd 'good week at the gym' or something.

Played ~ 5 hours today, won small @ $5/5 PLO. Started off with two guys next to each other blind potting at the other end of the table. Wonderful. That lasted about 15 minutes, one of them bust, the other lost a medium-sized pot and got in a huff and left about $2k up. The table was pretty tight til the end, nothing and no-one exciting. The only pot of note: EP opens to $30 (button straddles pretty common), one caller, I pot to $140 with double-suited AAxx, button flashes an Ace by mistake when folding, EP folds, caller decides his kings are likely best now and repots, I obviously go all-in and he calls and my hand holds. The rest of the time I just went with the strategy of 'bet until you get raised', which worked quite well as I was mostly card-dead so all my aggressive actions got respect. Also the table was generally good enough to lay hands down but not so good that they could read me when I was weak.

Feel a little bit lame - staying in on my own in Vegas on my first saturday night, but oh well, that's what I'm here for!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 06:29:56 AM »

OK so I'm basically going to include next to no details about my workouts, just the odd 'good week at the gym' or something.

bollocks to that I wanna read it

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 08:10:57 AM »

Ha let's see if we get any more votes!

Also, met TK today, good to meet you sir!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 10:16:38 AM »

Maybe include gym reports, but don't dissect them like a poker hand?

In, and good luck with your WSOP!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 10:34:26 AM »

gyms go driectly in spoilers and its all good.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 03:27:37 PM »

bollocks to that I wanna read it
Surely people who don't want to read it can skip it! Write what you want!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: