blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:03:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver  (Read 61486 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2013, 05:31:27 AM »

Palaver is defined as prolonged and idle discussion and is probably going to be apt to the rest of my input to this thread.

This is effectively a Premiership thread, but I title it as Palace as well to give me scope to go on mad, selfish, rant essays to be completely ignored as the rest of you have more intellectual discussion about your teams in this league.

This is here for you to post up anything you have on anything Premiership and hopefully will be a good source of convo as the season gets under way.

Would be pretty impressed if this gets ignored, as that would be a big no you won't to me and fair play to you guys for inflicting that pain, but in my haste I am going to kick things off and say that Palace are reportedly in for David Vaughan as a serious interest and Jerome Thomas.

We have also been reported as putting in a bid for Birmingham's Nathan Redmond of around £2m and Matt Phillips and Tom Ince of Blackpool but the latter two have extortionate price tags of £6m and £8m apparently.

As the Palace team stands I would say Yannick Bolasie is our most exciting prospect along with Jonny Williams, they are the two to look out for and may shine in the Prem imo.

We are in desperate need of a striker as we would be currently starting Aaron Wilbraham if we don't, with Murray injured for the start of the season, then the rest of our team are of good Championship quality, where you would expect a massive overhaul is needed for us to compete in the Prem. However, there has been talk from the chairmen, the main nucleus of the side will remain intact, which may be interesting. They did confirm though that we are likely to be breaking our club transfer record this summer of £2.75m.

Holloway has had the pain of relegation before with Blackpool and I think that experience is going to really help us despite the odds people are giving us to go straight back down, there is a funny feeling in me that we will stay up as we have Holloway at the helm. The same feeling I felt that on Playoff final day we were gonna do it, just because Holloway had been through it twice before. 

Anyone excited? Probably same old for you guys. Nearly 2 months until the start of the fixtures, but I thought I would get this in early. First up is Spurs at home. Nice, easy start. Sad.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 08:20:58 AM »

GL to Palace.

Here to urge the Wenger to do a Mere and spend freely of the money, now he has been given the green light, and FFS buy Rooney......Victor wants to pay me!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 08:41:55 PM »

rofl, hasn't been called premierSHIP for a long time.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 10:06:53 PM »

lol is there a difference?
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 10:08:36 PM »

lol is there a difference?

Yes, no such thing as premiership in football anymore Wink

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 03:45:40 AM »

Gl to you/Palace Ant, hoping for a cup tie Smiley

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 04:14:38 AM »

Gl to you/Palace Ant, hoping for a cup tie Smiley

Cheers Flushy, anything to recreate the atmosphere of last season is fine by me, maybe without Zaha firing on all cylinders for us you will have a chance! Cheesy

Gonna be following the Championship fervently still too, probably as escapism from how we are doing in the prem Smiley
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 03:18:45 PM »

Dwight Gayle to Phallus for between £4m-£6m depending who you believe. Happy Ant?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 10:32:41 PM »

Dwight Gayle to Phallus for between £4m-£6m depending who you believe. Happy Ant?
Seems a lot to spend on an unproven prem player. Would have thought it would be more like £2.5m with quite a few add ons.
I know you always speak highly of him chompy. Do you think he can cut it in the prem?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 10:46:38 AM »

Any player yet to play in the Premiership is unproven at that level natch but Dwight would have more chance than most. He's a natural goalscorer who's quick and composed. Think Defoe with a much better attitude.

I'd like to see him do well. Same as Boydy - who also gave us 100% every time - there's no point in him wasting him time at League One level and we've already used some of the £££ to secure Jack Payne, who's a great Poshy signing.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 10:49:09 AM »

Can't see Palace staying up

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »

£6m for gayle plus 2.5m add ons.

Jesus Christ.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »

not seen enough of him to judge but for his age and profile that price seems fine

compared to others that is not in general any young english player is overpriced
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 07:15:55 PM »

True.  But I thought everyone learned their lesson after Connor Wickham?
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013, 08:53:12 PM »

not seen enough of him to judge but for his age and profile that price seems fine

compared to others that is not in general any young english player is overpriced

He was loaned out to division below conference last year! He's 23 in a few months.

Ashley barnes is worth £6m then!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: