blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Transfer talk
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transfer talk  (Read 7336 times)
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2013, 12:15:46 PM »

1 month left, you know the drill

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 12:17:41 PM »

do you think Bale is £85m worth?

do we have the best league in the world when the best 5 players are atually in Spain?

Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta and soon to be Suarez and Bale....

really hope Man Utd get Fab though
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 12:32:14 PM »

A player is worth what someone else is prepared to pay for him.

Spurs know that Real will sell Bale shirts aplenty and the lad only needs to have a decent game against Atletico/Barca to be become a Madrid legend. They must have made Beckham's £25m back inside six weeks.

He's also worth money to spurs, who know that he makes Champions League football so much more likely.

Levy only sells for more than he thinks a player is worth. In Levy we trust, say the fans.

And we still have the best league in the world IMO because of how competitive the games are. There's a reason 90% of the Spanish games on telly have either Barca or Real in them.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 12:38:22 PM »

We might have a competitive league but it is clearly not the best. Last year I thought the EPL was the poorest quality in memory, evidenced by how far United won it (and not the best United side by any means) by and English team performance in the champions league

The best players available eg Neymar, Cavani etc are not coming to England

the new TV deal and privately funded rich clubs can attract the likes of Negredo, Jovetic etc but when push comes to shove the very best are going to be heading to Spain and maybe soon Germany or PSG, whereas a generation ago the players headed to Italy

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 12:53:51 PM »

La Liga will be a lot weaker this season, been a constant stream of departures purely because the mid/low ranking clubs are brasic

I think the top leagues are coming closer together than ever in terms of quality.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 12:55:54 PM »

Competetive and exciting trumps the top quality of 2 teams imo.  Best thing premier league ever did splitting the TV revenues equally as opposed to in Spain where Barca and Madrid take the lion's share.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 12:59:37 PM »

Competetive and exciting trumps the top quality of 2 teams imo.  Best thing premier league ever did splitting the TV revenues equally as opposed to in Spain where Barca and Madrid take the lion's share.

I can agree with this, but no match in our league can live upto the expectation of Barca and Madrid. Those games have flair, brilliant players, actual hate for each other, managers fighting (lol)......

Man Utd v Liverpool is so far behind and far behind numerous other games too......
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 01:16:08 PM »

True - but we have far more "lesser" exciting games.

The Barca v Madrid games happen twice, and then the rest of the time someone like Villareal pop in from midtable and get smashed 5-0.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 02:21:12 PM »

Fungus leaves Man Utd = instant decline?

Missed out on Thiago to Bayern. Seem to be spending a lot of effort on Fabregas which is delusional. If they dont sign anyone can see Man City and Chelsea overtaking them

One thing that just gets worse and worse every year is the amount of crap that gets written in the press. People taking "In The Know" sources from twitter, and just so much BS - 90% of it is just made up nonsense. I just try and shut myself away from it all in the summer, easier said than done though
SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 02:21:46 PM »

oh yeh and this

http://havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 02:34:51 PM »

Fungus leaves Man Utd = instant decline?

Missed out on Thiago to Bayern. Seem to be spending a lot of effort on Fabregas which is delusional. If they dont sign anyone can see Man City and Chelsea overtaking them

One thing that just gets worse and worse every year is the amount of crap that gets written in the press. People taking "In The Know" sources from twitter, and just so much BS - 90% of it is just made up nonsense. I just try and shut myself away from it all in the summer, easier said than done though

Do the big clubs really waste their time chasing players that they have no chance of signing. I can't see teams putting in the effort if they haven't had a green light somewhere!

Someone from United has surely spoken to someone representing Fabregas and hinted that he would be welcome to the move?

Does the above happen or is that considered as tapping up the player?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 03:30:21 PM »

Cardiff will complete a £9m deal for Spurs defender Steven Caulker later today

That would be a terrific signing. Young, only going to improve. Surprised Spurs are a seller

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 03:33:50 PM »

That would be a terrific signing. Young, only going to improve. Surprised Spurs are a seller

Very good bit of business for both teams, if that is possible. £9m for a fringe player but who has good potential.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 03:35:52 PM »

9m seems a little steep to me.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 03:37:43 PM »

9m seems a little steep to me.

correct me if I am wrong, but I think young British players still command a premium from British clubs?

Part of the reason why so many are importing from places like La Liga/other leagues where sellers need the cash because their particular TV deals emphasise the big clubs so

My eyes are open wide
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: