blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:59:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul - With US pace Spoilers
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul - With US pace Spoilers  (Read 102525 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2013, 11:04:56 PM »

Was waiting waiting for 30 mins then boom!

One of the best scenes I've seen on TV for ages 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2013, 11:10:56 PM »

Deffo gonna have to get a rewatch on the go while this season is airing!

This reminds me how much I want Walter's eventual triumph or demise to be a result of his brilliant scientific mind.

I just want to know what happens, it's going to be a highly enthralling couple of months waiting for the payoff!

I think I'm going to have to reassess my position on the show, off the back of Sunday's episode and a few of S1 that I've watched.

vzjunction

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2013, 12:45:12 AM »

Deffo gonna have to get a rewatch on the go while this season is airing!

This reminds me how much I want Walter's eventual triumph or demise to be a result of his brilliant scientific mind.

I just want to know what happens, it's going to be a highly enthralling couple of months waiting for the payoff!

I think I'm going to have to reassess my position on the show, off the back of Sunday's episode and a few of S1 that I've watched.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>S1

And S1 was good.

I figured it might be a slight 'confidence' thing, they had trouble getting funding for the show based on a concept that looks terrible on paper. Cue epic facepalm from spurning studios when they realised that a multiple Emmy winner had slipped through their fingers....and by the writers/producers knew that popularity was a lock so they took it where they wanted.....and they made something really special.

Take me to the place I love, take me all the way
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2013, 10:06:21 AM »

I think Bryan Cranston may be one of the finest actors alive. To convince us he can go from Ned Flanders to the most badass man in town is no easy feat.

Probably, for me, the other amazing performance is Dean Norris, I hope he gets an Emmy or whatever the good ones are off the back of this series. Though they are all great of course.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2013, 10:14:42 AM »

I think Bryan Cranston may be one of the finest actors alive. To convince us he can go from Ned Flanders to the most badass man in town is no easy feat.

Probably, for me, the other amazing performance is Dean Norris, I hope he gets an Emmy or whatever the good ones are off the back of this series. Though they are all great of course.

I love the character development. Go back and watch the Pilot (or maybe the next episode) for hanks first scene and watch how he has changed. Its great stuff!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2013, 10:23:34 AM »

I love the character development. Go back and watch the Pilot (or maybe the next episode) for hanks first scene and watch how he has changed. Its great stuff!

Exactly what I'm doing at the moment, I had actually forgotten about the bathroom incident, and that he killed someone so early in the series.

Ricardov83

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2013, 05:36:49 PM »

What channel is this on please?
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2013, 05:37:33 PM »

What channel is this on please?

netflix or download it. in england that is.
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2013, 10:32:06 PM »

Be honest how many times have you watched the last episode? 3 for me

Excited again

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2013, 10:33:54 PM »

Be honest how many times have you watched the last episode? 3 for me

Excited again

Not the entire ep but the final scene at least three
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2013, 10:48:49 PM »

will it be same stream as last week?

#excited

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2013, 11:42:03 PM »

What the jgghjgc!

Netflix think its acceptable to put the option of the new episode up then you click it an it says not ready to be viewed!

Burn

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2013, 11:55:38 PM »

Just finished season 1, but can't wait for tonight...

Also, I <3 Tuco

vzjunction

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2013, 12:48:18 AM »

The makers seem to demand attentiveness from the viewer, in the way you get in some films. Oh you can watch it, just sit there and 'view' it, but it'll only be on a third or fourth viewing that you'll really see little things that were thrown in that reward real attentiveness. Watching for suspicious coincidences, asking yourself 'why would they film this like this, or direct this like this'. Gilligan et al do this a bit with the 'dwell'. For example, Walt is in the shower, messes around with the towel, and there's a 'dwell' that is about one second more than needed for the shot...our attention is being drawn to it. It's not an accident, or oversight.
There was another that I noticed on second viewing, with Jane's dad. He's looking in certain ways, at certain times. There are dwells on certain places. You can 'get' the show without them, but you miss a lot of richness.
So they seem to have this rule...everything means what it means, unless there's this slight dwell, and they're pointing at something, a hidden meaning, or emblem.
I found another tonight, on my second viewing of series 3. It's farewell and goodluck to Gomie. Hank is awkward with him, since they haven't been getting on, and Hank is distracted anyway. The cake gets cut, in lengths. It has Gomie on it, carrying 2 flags, one mexican, one USA. The cut cuts roughly between the flags. The dwell is quite distinctive, given that it's a cake.
So I google it...and there's plenty of chat about Gomie, and is he Gus's mole. The way he interacts with various people. Other clues that suggest there's someone on the inside. Could be a nice plot twist...

Take me to the place I love, take me all the way
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2013, 10:09:52 AM »

OH

MYYYYYYYYY

How tense! Every single scene had me gripped!

I think it possibly contained one of my favourite non verbal BB moments ever. When Skyler met Hank and she is wavering, and then he tells her the cancer is back, that look in her eye was amazing! You seen the penny drop!

SO SO SO GOOD!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: