blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:39:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Joshua Tyler hacking scandal
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Joshua Tyler hacking scandal  (Read 32462 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2013, 02:07:52 PM »

BTW whereas it's pretty likely that WGC has played on stars from the US, there is nothing in that thread which suggest's that is what he was doing... He never mentions himself playing poker in Vegas from his house, in fact he actually specifically says that he wasn't playing, and he went all the way to Japan, specifically to play online poker...

His room-mates in Vegas obv were playing poker from the states, but there is nothing to say they were playing on stars, they could have been playing on Carbon/Lock which would have been legit, or Ongame/Ipoker/Party in whichc case it would still be against the rules but way way less strictly enforced.

I think everyone is looking for a which hunt out of thin air here, chances are he has done it, but no evidence of that here as far as i can see, and tbh there are much greater crimes out there, he's hurting no-one but himself really by doing this, certainly gaining no real advantage over anyone else.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2013, 02:28:32 PM »

who gives a shit if he's playing on a vpn, literally nothing wrong with it imo. not even in same ballpark of whats being accused. dont think there is anything wrong with, who is the victim? (dont give me some long-winded breakdown of how we are all the victim or some such bs, the original ban was more out of line than anything else).
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2013, 11:47:14 PM »

I currently live in China and because of the great firewall of China, I'm unable to access Facebook , Youtube and many other similar sites.
 Im contemplating Wink getting a VPN to access these sites so does that make me as guilty as US players playing on PS?

For those people witch hunting US players players playing on PS, my advice is get a life, Far more things to be concerned about nowadays.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 10:10:30 AM by I KNOW IT » Logged

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 09:13:44 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to play online poker for money in Japan as well.

(not that it matters, just saying)

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 04:06:41 PM »

who gives a shit if he's playing on a vpn, literally nothing wrong with it imo. not even in same ballpark of whats being accused. dont think there is anything wrong with, who is the victim? (dont give me some long-winded breakdown of how we are all the victim or some such bs, the original ban was more out of line than anything else).

My only objection to it is that the foes of online poker in the usa will use it against Pstars when they or anyone else want to bring poker back to the usa.
mike27

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2013, 06:01:55 PM »

Joshua has now issued a reply stating his innocence for those not following the thread  
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2013, 08:00:32 PM »

Joshua has now issued a reply stating his innocence for those not following the thread  
What a reply it is too. I can see his point though. Anyone with a brain would not be calling bluffs with jack high if they could see hole cards. Whole thing is uber dumb.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2013, 08:53:05 PM »

I think the whole thing is a stereotypical response from a liar/cheater

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2013, 11:44:34 PM »

I think the whole thing is a stereotypical response from a liar/cheater
Yes. There is that too. Like saying he is only making one post and drawing a line under it is lame.

What story though. This is the last thing anyone would of wanted as far as getting U.S. players back in the pool goes. Stars must be gutted especially as they have refunded and basically admitted someone has cheated. I know their software has not been hacked as its a hardware issue but what a wheeze.

The only fault was the incredible stupidity of calling a bluff with jack high. That is like that folklore hand where Stu Unger puts that guy on exactly 5 high! They could of absolutely cleaned up slowly. This will be made into a film. You heard it here first.

Jack high  would be a good name fot it too.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 11:50:32 PM by gouty » Logged
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2013, 11:54:47 PM »

Link to his reply?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
mike27

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2013, 12:20:54 AM »

Link to his reply?

Same link as op,page 10
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2013, 10:07:40 PM »

I played with Tyler five or six years ago in a No Limit cash game in Blackpool during a festival. He was one of the most arrogant, obnoxious and classless people I have ever played poker with. And I have shared a table with some real horrors in my time.

One funny thing happened. A friend of mine joined the table and as he was exchanging his cash for chips Tyler asked him, "how much is that you are sitting with?"

My friend replied, "not sure exactly, about two grand I think, maybe a bit more."

Tyler instantly challenged him, "you wanna flip for it?" You know, like he was the big man.

My friend replied, "errr... not especially. But okay, if you want to then I guess so."

Tyler was forced to immediately backtrack, "oh, err, well... I'm doing well tonight so I don't want to. But I definitely would if I was losing."

Classy guy.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2013, 10:16:05 PM »

I played with Tyler five or six years ago in a No Limit cash game in Blackpool during a festival. He was one of the most arrogant, obnoxious and classless people I have ever played poker with. And I have shared a table with some real horrors in my time.

One funny thing happened. A friend of mine joined the table and as he was exchanging his cash for chips Tyler asked him, "how much is that you are sitting with?"

My friend replied, "not sure exactly, about two grand I think, maybe a bit more."

Tyler instantly challenged him, "you wanna flip for it?" You know, like he was the big man.

My friend replied, "errr... not especially. But okay, if you want to then I guess so."

Tyler was forced to immediately backtrack, "oh, err, well... I'm doing well tonight so I don't want to. But I definitely would if I was losing."

Classy guy.

I had a very similar experience with him playing live cash at the Aussie Millions a few years ago.  He left a bad enough taste for me to go back to my apartment and google him to find out who he was.  He also stacked me a couple of times....maybe he knew my hole cards!!!

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2013, 11:25:30 PM »

An interesting story.... As the MD of a small IT firm I can confirm that the technology is available to do this and  that given five minutes alone with a computer I could install software that would enable me to see and record everything from the screen and what the pc is being used for live and historic... The user would be unaware and the software is undectable by anti virus and spyware program's etc.... Only a complete format and reinstall would get rid of it...

We use it for forensic investigations requested by clients when workers are suspected of wrong doing... Can also remotely install with certain end user credentials... No hacking skills would be required....

There is commercial stuff available but we use a bespoke program not widely available...
And no you can't have it lol....

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2013, 12:16:44 AM »

An interesting story.... As the MD of a small IT firm I can confirm that the technology is available to do this and  that given five minutes alone with a computer I could install software that would enable me to see and record everything from the screen and what the pc is being used for live and historic... The user would be unaware and the software is undectable by anti virus and spyware program's etc.... Only a complete format and reinstall would get rid of it...

We use it for forensic investigations requested by clients when workers are suspected of wrong doing... Can also remotely install with certain end user credentials... No hacking skills would be required....

There is commercial stuff available but we use a bespoke program not widely available...
And no you can't have it lol....

The thread on 2p2 could do with livening up, go and post that over there m8 Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: