blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:21:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272604 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Man bent over for mortgage; offers package.... (Sold Out)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Man bent over for mortgage; offers package.... (Sold Out)  (Read 13445 times)
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2013, 02:22:00 PM »

Got some car issues.  But like a true grinder managed to rent one to get me down there tonight!!!!

#lovethegame
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2013, 08:29:08 PM »

Was up to 50k, down to 20k now, FML.

Turned a set of fours vs flopped nut straight, not too happy with my play but meh, will just run it up again!!!
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2013, 12:32:09 AM »

Busto.  Will do a trip report in the morning when I'm not on my phone.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2013, 07:19:21 PM »

Sorry about the late update for this package.  Started off really well with me quickly making it up to 50k or so.  QQ < ??  Qxx x x for a chunk, won a reasonable pot with K9s on a Qx9 9 9 and then made a few mistakes.  The main one was re-raising the turn with a set of fours vs a flopped straight making it pretty easy for him to get it in and for me to have to call it off.  Obviously still had quite a few outs to managed to brick the river to put me back to 20k.  Proceeded to just lose a load of small pots vs the same guy where he kept flopping top pair vs me (not a whine its relevant to the bust out hand).

So early position playing 13k at 300/600 - 50 I make it 1200 with TT.  The kid 2 to my right who I've played a load of flops with flats IP and it folds round.  J94hh flop.  I continue for 1250, calls.  Turn blank.  I check and he bets.  In all the previous pots we've played he's played top pair really cautiously so far.  He's usually had position and the hands have always gone something like bet call, check check, check bet (or bet call).  So when he bets turn I think he can have top pair but can also be betting tons of draws.  So I plan to call and expect the river to check check on most blanks if he has top pair.

So I call and river blanks.  Check and he shoves.  There's a ton of missed flush and straight draws out there and he's played top pair quite passively so I thought his shove on the river was a bit polarising.  But with the amount of missed draw combos he can have I was pretty sure I would be good a good portion of the time.  Plus there's already 11700 in the middle and I have to call off about 7800.  So I talk myself into calling and he does have AJ for TPTK.  So I pretty much managed to elaborately level myself.  Was really disappointed to bust a tournament by calling it off but I think my reasoning is alright.

Any comments or opinions would be gratefully appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:22:55 PM by tomsom87 » Logged
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2013, 08:08:37 PM »

Sorry about the late update for this package.  Started off really well with me quickly making it up to 50k or so.  QQ < ??  Qxx x x for a chunk, won a reasonable pot with K9s on a Qx9 9 9 and then made a few mistakes.  The main one was re-raising the turn with a set of fours vs a flopped straight making it pretty easy for him to get it in and for me to have to call it off.  Obviously still had quite a few outs to managed to brick the river to put me back to 20k.  Proceeded to just lose a load of small pots vs the same guy where he kept flopping top pair vs me (not a whine its relevant to the bust out hand).

So early position playing 13k at 300/600 - 50 I make it 1200 with TT.  The kid 2 to my right who I've played a load of flops with flats IP and it folds round.  J94hh flop.  I continue for 1250, calls.  Turn blank.  I check and he bets.  In all the previous pots we've played he's played top pair really cautiously so far.  He's usually had position and the hands have always gone something like bet call, check check, check bet (or bet call).  So when he bets turn I think he can have top pair but can also be betting tons of draws.  So I plan to call and expect the river to check check on most blanks if he has top pair.

So I call and river blanks.  Check and he shoves.  There's a ton of missed flush and straight draws out there and he's played top pair quite passively so I thought his shove on the river was a bit polarising.  But with the amount of missed draw combos he can have I was pretty sure I would be good a good portion of the time.  Plus there's already 11700 in the middle and I have to call off about 7800.  So I talk myself into calling and he does have AJ for TPTK.  So I pretty much managed to elaborately level myself.  Was really disappointed to bust a tournament by calling it off but I think my reasoning is alright.

Any comments or opinions would be gratefully appreciated.

Sounds like just bad luck, but I'd call there most of the time Sad

I am a non believer/ callin station tho Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2013, 09:32:19 AM »

Ok so I have the package at £948.  I am going to jump into the $215 WCOOP-13 so the remaining £52 will be be into that at.

£52 = $82

So the package has 38.14% of this WCOOP.  If anyone has any objections to this then please let me know asap as it starts in 1hr 30.  Would really love to get this package out the hole for y'all so lets hope for some run good!!!!!

Oh, and sorry I didn't update this sooner but have had a pretty hectic week, finally got the mortgage approved and things have been redic at work.  GL_TODAY.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 10:00:46 AM by tomsom87 » Logged
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2013, 10:09:03 AM »

Pathetic returns and a terrible punt

Win this though please Smiley

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2013, 10:23:33 AM »

Pathetic returns and a terrible punt

Win this though please Smiley

Don't be bringing #terripunts up in this heezy!!!!  Will endeavour to do the win tho.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2013, 10:42:03 AM »

Win.

Allez!!
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2013, 11:23:19 AM »

Impress me pls!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »

Impress me pls!

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/4799521_BB96EC2F96

This do it?
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2013, 11:53:13 AM »

The bro on my left has flatted my raises 7/7 times so far, so I can see shit gettin real soon.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/4799647_90F7B1BA04
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2013, 01:25:34 PM »

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/4800347_446993AC23

Yet?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2013, 01:52:18 PM »

Fold pre Smiley

It's more about the winning than the winnings