blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:35:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 521562 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: February 27, 2023, 08:07:01 PM »

Phil Shaw aka The Jackal?

Wrote for Poker Europa back in the day.

Don't recall him being known as The Jackal, but I remember he wrote a book. Used to play the nosebleed SNG's on 'Stars at one time. Can't quite recall his 'Stars SN right now, but think it included "Vegas".

Last entry on his Herbie was 2014, so presumably he no longer plays the Live game.

I remember an illegal Festival in Jesolo, Italy where we shared a few tables, & he cashed 3 times & won "Player of the Series" or whatever. This was one of them - a few familiar names here....

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=11985

That was in 2005, & was a week after I retired from proper work. Happy memories.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: February 27, 2023, 08:17:50 PM »

An article here by him in 2016. And yes, seems he was known as "Jackal69" of which I have zero recollection.

https://www.pokersoftware.com/articles/2016/03/phil-shaw-releases-eight-game-wcoop-series-at-ivey-league.html

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: February 27, 2023, 10:26:37 PM »

Nic Sz said he wrote the article in Poker Europa slagging me off, while he claimed it was Nic

Never did find out the truth.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: March 01, 2023, 12:41:34 AM »

Lucky Lucy Rokach?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: March 01, 2023, 05:50:36 PM »

Well played Peter Costa, who has just won the Wynn Seniors for $44k.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: March 01, 2023, 06:12:18 PM »

Well played Peter Costa, who has just won the Wynn Seniors for $44k.

Good Lord. Well done Peter.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 06:24:11 PM by tikay » Logged

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2211 on: March 01, 2023, 07:52:51 PM »

Well done Pete

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: March 02, 2023, 01:10:51 AM »

wonder how many people paid his entry fee

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: March 02, 2023, 04:50:04 PM »

Don't recall him being known as The Jackal, but I remember he wrote a book. Used to play the nosebleed SNG's on 'Stars at one time. Can't quite recall his 'Stars SN right now, but think it included "Vegas".

Last entry on his Herbie was 2014, so presumably he no longer plays the Live game.

I remember an illegal Festival in Jesolo, Italy where we shared a few tables, & he cashed 3 times & won "Player of the Series" or whatever. This was one of them - a few familiar names here....

That was in 2005, & was a week after I retired from proper work. Happy memories.

I remember that trip, Tony!

A week in Venice and never left the hotel. Colclough joined us iirc and a few others.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: March 02, 2023, 06:06:54 PM »

I remember that trip, Tony!

A week in Venice and never left the hotel. Colclough joined us iirc and a few others.

Correct. Dave & Rhowena, Robert Binelli, Phil Shaw, Thewy all come to mind. Thewy's youngest was about 1 year old. He's probably got a beard by now. We all went for dinner one night & there was an unseemly argument over how we divvied up the bill. Probs best not to mention the name, let sleeping dogs lie & all that.

How are you keeping these days Greg? Still a scratch golfer?  How's the family?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: March 02, 2023, 07:17:48 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djjLmqdoX2E

Few old school faces on the uk open high roller live now at the ricoh in Coventry 9 left.  Ben Jackson just bust in 10th
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: March 02, 2023, 07:21:44 PM »

Lucky Lucy Rokach?

Lucy not played for years. Retired and lives off High Lane in Stoke. Her better half Tom still played a bit of cash at Stoke Genting before covid ruined everything.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: March 03, 2023, 09:06:13 AM »

Haha, I remember that argument. A few people a bit upset and it felt a bit like bullying at one point. I tried to see both sides but ultimately if you’re out with a few pals (close pals or not) and you ship the tourney the night before, you probably don’t quibble over just paying for your own!! Some people  eh?!

Yes, Thewy and Amanda brought little Rueben who was about 1 so he’d be in his 20’s now almost! Maybe he’ll be at DtD winning every week soon like his Dad!

I’m well thanks, my daughter is 5 now and i’ve just got back to playing golf this year after playing about 11 times in 5 years! Shot 71 (-1) last week at Hollinwell and clicking back into gear. I was off +3 when i stopped playing but i’ve had to start again off scratch which is fair enough.

Hope all is well with you and yours. I’ve been very out of touch for a long time but nice to check back in every now and then, Maybe one day i’ll play poker again!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: March 03, 2023, 09:26:25 AM »

Haha, I remember that argument. A few people a bit upset and it felt a bit like bullying at one point. I tried to see both sides but ultimately if you’re out with a few pals (close pals or not) and you ship the tourney the night before, you probably don’t quibble over just paying for your own!! Some people  eh?!

Yes, Thewy and Amanda brought little Rueben who was about 1 so he’d be in his 20’s now almost! Maybe he’ll be at DtD winning every week soon like his Dad!

I’m well thanks, my daughter is 5 now and i’ve just got back to playing golf this year after playing about 11 times in 5 years! Shot 71 (-1) last week at Hollinwell and clicking back into gear. I was off +3 when i stopped playing but i’ve had to start again off scratch which is fair enough.

Hope all is well with you and yours. I’ve been very out of touch for a long time but nice to check back in every now and then, Maybe one day i’ll play poker again!

He did not just win the tourney the night before, he won the "Player of the Series" (a cash prize) too. Then came out with the "but I only had a pizza, so I should not have to pay more than that" malarky... I'm a little embarrassed to say I held a grudge about that.

Pleased to hear you are back into golf. Thereby hangs a rambling story (by me) for another day.

Keep in touch Greg.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: March 03, 2023, 11:18:40 AM »

I think that narrows the field down a bit..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: