blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:08:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 518976 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: February 14, 2023, 12:56:49 PM »

Glad you posted this, good to watch a bit of living history again

This popped up in the YouTube tree after I watched that one.

I must be getting old, now I'm thinking that 'those were the days' Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: February 14, 2023, 12:58:22 PM »

Argue, whilst I have your attention, what's your view as to where Le Bron stands in the all-time NBA greats after breaking the record a few weeks ago?

Clear 2nd behind Jordan.   Longevity wise he could easily be considered the goat as he clearly has many years left in him and he didn't go to college so started in the nba at 18 whereas most all time greats did college and started in the nba at 22.   He will set all time records by the time he retires that will never be broken and no one in history has invested more in their body and looked after it better.   Will never be better than prime MJ for me though whatever he does.   Jordan 6-0 in NBA finals with 2 3-peats in a row with 2 years out to try to be a baseball pro.   Never played a deciding game 7 in any of his 6 nba finals.  The best clutch finisher in history.  Will always be MJ for me as the GOAT but Lebron is a mile clear in second for me.

Thanks.

One more thing, before we get in trouble for derailing the thread.

Have you seen the 10 part Documentary "The Last Dance"? Essentially, the story of Michael Jordan & the 1997/8 Chicago Bulls season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Dance_(miniseries)

Lots of 1 on 1 interviews with MJ, Scottie Pitten, Dennis Rodman & many others. What a character & player Rodman was.

It's on NetFlix, 10 x 1 hour episodes. I don't follow NBA but I watched all 10 x 1 hour episodes twice. I watch every sports documentary & docuseries no matter what the sport is, & I think it's the best sports docu I've ever seen, & it's not even close. It's stunning, & no punches are pulled in the interviews, including MJ's alleged gambling issues.

Here's a 7 minute trailer.

I watched that when I was in Vegas, and ended up spending the whole day in the room watching it in one go Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: February 14, 2023, 01:01:58 PM »

Argue, whilst I have your attention, what's your view as to where Le Bron stands in the all-time NBA greats after breaking the record a few weeks ago?

Clear 2nd behind Jordan.   Longevity wise he could easily be considered the goat as he clearly has many years left in him and he didn't go to college so started in the nba at 18 whereas most all time greats did college and started in the nba at 22.   He will set all time records by the time he retires that will never be broken and no one in history has invested more in their body and looked after it better.   Will never be better than prime MJ for me though whatever he does.   Jordan 6-0 in NBA finals with 2 3-peats in a row with 2 years out to try to be a baseball pro.   Never played a deciding game 7 in any of his 6 nba finals.  The best clutch finisher in history.  Will always be MJ for me as the GOAT but Lebron is a mile clear in second for me.

You think he'll hang around to try getting to play with his boy and then retire?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: February 14, 2023, 01:34:28 PM »

Clear 2nd behind Jordan.   Longevity wise he could easily be considered the goat as he clearly has many years left in him and he didn't go to college so started in the nba at 18 whereas most all time greats did college and started in the nba at 22.   He will set all time records by the time he retires that will never be broken and no one in history has invested more in their body and looked after it better.   Will never be better than prime MJ for me though whatever he does.   Jordan 6-0 in NBA finals with 2 3-peats in a row with 2 years out to try to be a baseball pro.   Never played a deciding game 7 in any of his 6 nba finals.  The best clutch finisher in history.  Will always be MJ for me as the GOAT but Lebron is a mile clear in second for me.

You think he'll hang around to try getting to play with his boy and then retire?

Definitely he is still in amazing shape and still a top 10 current player now standard wise.  Very little drop off at all at 38 which is insane for his position. 
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: February 14, 2023, 01:45:20 PM »

Here is Shaq's take on it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: February 14, 2023, 01:49:52 PM »

Here is Shaq's take on it.

Incred.

What era we talkin 'bout? The Big Boy era, or the cupcake era?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: February 14, 2023, 02:19:22 PM »

Definitely he is still in amazing shape and still a top 10 current player now standard wise.  Very little drop off at all at 38 which is insane for his position. 

Yeah, it's crazy how he's still competing at such a high level. Live the life, and reap the rewards.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: February 14, 2023, 05:02:21 PM »

Ha, also gave this a re-watch plus a few Late Night Pokers. Exactly me with the those were the days vibe, even those were the days before I started playing in around '03

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: February 14, 2023, 05:56:44 PM »

Ha, also gave this a re-watch plus a few Late Night Pokers. Exactly me with the those were the days vibe, even those were the days before I started playing in around '03

Yeah, I started in '03 just before I left the Navy, and remember Moneymaker winning it.

Luckily it was 2010 before ppl starting working out how to play Grin

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: February 14, 2023, 08:04:27 PM »

did you find the late night poker online?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: February 14, 2023, 10:00:58 PM »

thats my you tube channel wondered why views had gone up!

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: February 15, 2023, 04:20:19 PM »

Just need all the Late Night Poker eps now, Simon Smiley

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: February 15, 2023, 06:28:20 PM »

Just need all the Late Night Poker eps now, Simon Smiley
+1 yes please Simon

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: February 16, 2023, 07:15:23 PM »

no longer have the dvd recorder i used for those 2 shows. if i ever get a new one still have 90% of lnp on vhs tape

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: February 27, 2023, 06:21:43 PM »

Phil Shaw aka The Jackal?

Wrote for Poker Europa back in the day.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 ... 154 Go Up Print