blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:32:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 518970 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 12, 2013, 05:36:37 AM »

Tightpaulfolds

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 12, 2013, 11:21:40 AM »

Platonic

I was reminded of him by Rexas' chat box thread, this guy could make Chubby Brown blush

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 14, 2013, 07:34:01 AM »

EVILPIE

FREE ROLLIN

LINUX

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 14, 2013, 07:39:37 AM »

Platonic

I was reminded of him by Rexas' chat box thread, this guy could make Chubby Brown blush

You sure you mean "Platonic" David, or are you thinking of someone who had a similar alias?

Apologies if I've been whooshed.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 14, 2013, 09:47:24 AM »

Matt Tyler.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 14, 2013, 10:15:33 AM »

Platonic

You sure you mean "Platonic" David, or are you thinking of someone who had a similar alias?

I think I mean Platonic (not a blonde of that name) who played on WillHill I think as TheRealKingPlat or some such ID
Has a moribund blog at platonicpoker.blogspot

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 14, 2013, 10:20:12 AM »

Platonic

I think I mean Platonic (not a blonde of that name) who played on WillHill I think as TheRealKingPlat or some such ID

Ahh, my bad, I thought you were referring to a similar sounding blonde alias, of a chap who had several here down the years.

Apologies.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 14, 2013, 03:16:05 PM »

Platonic

Ahh, my bad, I thought you were referring to a similar sounding blonde alias, of a chap who had several here down the years.

Apologies.

Given the description I think you can be forgiven Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 14, 2013, 06:21:34 PM »

Platonic

Apologies.

Therealkingplat was a player on Crypto who got ridiculed by a few regs who started that blog as a spoof. I used to read it and was in stitches at times.

@GreekStein on twitter.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: November 14, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »

rex008?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: November 16, 2013, 03:44:39 PM »

Hows Boldie getting on these days after all that happened? Anyone hear from him or his missus?

It's been a long slog, but they're well.  He took a physical trainer course and found a new job, starting at the ground level with hopes of working his way up.  He has nothing to do with gambling in any form since and even struggled to keep in touch with the few of us initially for fear he'd get the bug back.  So far so good.

has he any intention of paying people back?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 16, 2013, 05:15:30 PM »

Hows Boldie getting on these days after all that happened? Anyone hear from him or his missus?

It's been a long slog, but they're well.  He took a physical trainer course and found a new job, starting at the ground level with hopes of working his way up.  He has nothing to do with gambling in any form since and even struggled to keep in touch with the few of us initially for fear he'd get the bug back.  So far so good.

has he any intention of paying people back?

I've no idea.  Haven't asked him and don't intend to.  It's only £50.  Feel free to ask him yourself though.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: November 17, 2013, 03:36:44 AM »

£50 between everyone? don't mean to sound callous, but seems like this grim has been treated very lightly compared to otheres
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 17, 2013, 06:08:07 AM »

£50 between everyone? don't mean to sound callous, but seems like this grim has been treated very lightly compared to otheres

I am a big Boldie fan, when I met him he was a top guy and all the times I interacted with him on and off blonde he seemed like a top bloke so I'm just glad the good people of blonde have been so excellent with not pushing this and letting him get his life in order first.

That said, he definitely needs to resolve the debt issues with his stakers at some point so the question was definitely not an unfair one and could have been met with a better response.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 17, 2013, 09:48:37 AM »

I am a big Boldie fan, when I met him he was a top guy and all the times I interacted with him on and off blonde he seemed like a top bloke so I'm just glad the good people of blonde have been so excellent with not pushing this and letting him get his life in order first.

That said, he definitely needs to resolve the debt issues with his stakers at some point so the question was definitely not an unfair one and could have been met with a better response.

Apologies if my replies come across as nasty because it's definitely not meant that way.  If I hadn't been quoted in the first place I wouldn't have replied at all, but I didn't want to ignore it when asked directly. 

In this case, individuals are owed significantly less than the other cases where there's uproar.  Most are owed £50 - £100 and would spend more than that on a night out.  Add Boldie's horrible breakdown into the mix and their attempts to get life back on track since, and I guess that's why there's not been as much uproar here. 

I absolutely agree with you and think he should resolve it at some point, but it's not me who owes the money so I can't give a better answer than that.  Anyone involved in the staking who would like to contact him is welcome to.  All I can do is hope he honours the debt when they're in a position to do so.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: