blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:18:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 519082 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: March 06, 2023, 02:02:52 PM »

Haha, I remember that argument. A few people a bit upset and it felt a bit like bullying at one point. I tried to see both sides but ultimately if you’re out with a few pals (close pals or not) and you ship the tourney the night before, you probably don’t quibble over just paying for your own!! Some people  eh?!

Yes, Thewy and Amanda brought little Rueben who was about 1 so he’d be in his 20’s now almost! Maybe he’ll be at DtD winning every week soon like his Dad!

I’m well thanks, my daughter is 5 now and i’ve just got back to playing golf this year after playing about 11 times in 5 years! Shot 71 (-1) last week at Hollinwell and clicking back into gear. I was off +3 when i stopped playing but i’ve had to start again off scratch which is fair enough.

Hope all is well with you and yours. I’ve been very out of touch for a long time but nice to check back in every now and then, Maybe one day i’ll play poker again!

He did not just win the tourney the night before, he won the "Player of the Series" (a cash prize) too. Then came out with the "but I only had a pizza, so I should not have to pay more than that" malarky... I'm a little embarrassed to say I held a grudge about that.

Pleased to hear you are back into golf. Thereby hangs a rambling story (by me) for another day.

Keep in touch Greg.

come on, name names. Who was the tight arse?!?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: March 06, 2023, 02:05:00 PM »

hope it wasn't Rob Binelli, who was one of my favourite people in poker.

Funnily enough I did a search fo rhim on twitter and facebook just a couple of weeks ago to see if i could get back in touch. No good unfortunately. Haven't seen or heard from him in probably 15 years.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 02:06:54 PM by The Camel » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: March 06, 2023, 02:46:31 PM »

Haha, I remember that argument. A few people a bit upset and it felt a bit like bullying at one point. I tried to see both sides but ultimately if you’re out with a few pals (close pals or not) and you ship the tourney the night before, you probably don’t quibble over just paying for your own!! Some people  eh?!

Yes, Thewy and Amanda brought little Rueben who was about 1 so he’d be in his 20’s now almost! Maybe he’ll be at DtD winning every week soon like his Dad!

I’m well thanks, my daughter is 5 now and i’ve just got back to playing golf this year after playing about 11 times in 5 years! Shot 71 (-1) last week at Hollinwell and clicking back into gear. I was off +3 when i stopped playing but i’ve had to start again off scratch which is fair enough.

Hope all is well with you and yours. I’ve been very out of touch for a long time but nice to check back in every now and then, Maybe one day i’ll play poker again!

He did not just win the tourney the night before, he won the "Player of the Series" (a cash prize) too. Then came out with the "but I only had a pizza, so I should not have to pay more than that" malarky... I'm a little embarrassed to say I held a grudge about that.

Pleased to hear you are back into golf. Thereby hangs a rambling story (by me) for another day.

Keep in touch Greg.

come on, name names. Who was the tight arse?!?

Well it most certainly was not, & would never have been, Robert Binelli. And you know Dave (RIP) & Rhowena, Thewy & myself well enough to make your own judgement.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: March 20, 2023, 03:36:05 PM »

hope it wasn't Rob Binelli, who was one of my favourite people in poker.

Funnily enough I did a search fo rhim on twitter and facebook just a couple of weeks ago to see if i could get back in touch. No good unfortunately. Haven't seen or heard from him in probably 15 years.

Played with him a few events at nova Gorica Slovenia.  very good player and a nice guy. Completely disappeared though, hopefully hes alive and well somewhere

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 09, 2023, 02:56:27 PM »

Matey-boy?

Has he given up poker? Not seen him mentioned on any updates for ages.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 09, 2023, 06:55:07 PM »

Matey-boy?

Seen him in a satellite for the UK open in Coventry a few weeks back.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Ronan1001
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 20, 2023, 12:49:55 PM »

Matey-boy?

He's not missing, he's playing his game away from the public. As soon as he has a big success, the public is bound to find him - it always does. Well, it's been like that with others Smiley
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2227 on: October 02, 2023, 02:40:53 AM »

Sean Belton.

He did a wonderful diary on here a few years ago, brutally honest and self-deprecating, such a talented writer.

I re-read it last week, it covered his attempt to make it as a pro poker player, his health, fitness and diet regime and his marriage to girlfriend Beth.

I was quite involved by the time he signed off somewhat suddenly around the beginning of 2014 and I wonder how things turned out. Did he become a graphic designer, a personal fitness coach, the head of MI5 or what?

It would be great to hear from the man himself but any update would be appreciated.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: October 02, 2023, 02:26:31 PM »

Sean Belton.

He did a wonderful diary on here a few years ago, brutally honest and self-deprecating, such a talented writer.

I re-read it last week, it covered his attempt to make it as a pro poker player, his health, fitness and diet regime and his marriage to girlfriend Beth.

I was quite involved by the time he signed off somewhat suddenly around the beginning of 2014 and I wonder how things turned out. Did he become a graphic designer, a personal fitness coach, the head of MI5 or what?

It would be great to hear from the man himself but any update would be appreciated.

Pretty sure he was in DTD when the APAT event was on in August. He has a few Herbie Mob results there this year.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2229 on: October 02, 2023, 02:52:23 PM »

Thanks David.

The older I get, the better I was.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: October 02, 2023, 03:23:01 PM »

Tony Kendall

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: October 03, 2023, 09:09:18 PM »

Sean Belton.

Seen him after lockdown dealing at DTD a few times, but Pops' update above is more recent.

With most of the jobs you referenced above, gonna take a guess that lockdown/restrictions set him (and others) back a lot.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: October 04, 2023, 03:22:23 PM »

Sean Belton.

What was Sean's username on here? can't work out which one was his diary

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: October 04, 2023, 03:22:41 PM »

Sovietsong?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: October 04, 2023, 06:15:41 PM »

Sovietsong?

Still active on Twitter (mainly LUFC stuff) as @sovietsong83

https://twitter.com/sovietsong83

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: