blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:40:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  2/5 river spot vs Kurt
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2/5 river spot vs Kurt  (Read 1841 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2013, 12:56:37 PM »

There's a raise to £30 and three callers, 'Kurt' calls from the bb and I call from the 'straddle' with

two hearts Kurt leads for £60, I call.

Kurt bets £165, I call.

Kurt checks.

Calling 'flop' seemed OK since we were very 'deep' and I could turn my hand into a bluff if unimproved 'repping' 22/55 and 95, and have very few bluffs in my perceived 'range' so should get 'credit'. Kurt only has 22 and 55 for value that could take a lot of 'pressure' which is only 4 'combos'. He has strong 9x when he leads here, 34 and sets.

Turn is obviously 'standard'. I was surprised by this bet size, didn't expect a bare 9 to bet this big, so seemed like a draw (34) or a set/two pair.

River I am winning a large amount of the time when he checks, but can't see Kurt calling with 'worse' very often. His turn bet size made it less likely he had A9 or other 9x hands that could hero the river. He could also have 95, J9 and 22 that are either trapping or just don't wanna bet and get raised / trying to get to 'showdown', maybe he's worried about my hand, whether I'll call worse, or thinks I might 'bluff' more often than I have a hand to call with. Kurt can get 'sneaky' and trappy, earlier this session he checked 'Aces' to me twice on dry boards for example. It did 'feel' like I was winning though once he checked.

Check back or bet?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 01:02:36 PM »

What would JB 'do?'

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 01:17:12 PM »

Pretty happy to check back here. The times you miss value from 52s and a stubborn A/K 9 are far outweighed by the occasions you value-cut yourself/encounter river shenanigans imo.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:21:02 PM by edgascoigne » Logged

Allez!!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 01:19:24 PM »

I may be blind and pls point out if so but you left out the most important thing, stacks?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »

£1500+ back on the river. Don't think it's that important whether it's £1k or £3k, I said we were deep, can assume that's means 300bb+

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 01:46:39 PM »

bet ainec (but it sounds like you know villain far better than most that will read/post)

Deeper we have way more floats which we would have to bet river with, definitely not too thin imo.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 01:51:19 PM »

Yeh it's lqbviously a bet. Vs some I'd try to induce and vs some I'd try to get big heroes so depending on villain I'd bet anywhere between 170 and 550 but totally depends on villain and I've never played with Kurt. Was asking about stacks to see the likability of him ever c/shoving vs different sizings.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
The Squid

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 09:20:35 PM »

Mandatory river bet. We have the best hand 85% + of the time.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 09:32:58 PM »

wwyz w. 65hh otr

NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 12:44:51 AM »

What would JB 'do?'
'tilt' got there before, was snap posting this after i had read the first sentence. gg.
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 05:22:52 AM »

definitely bet. THINK i know the guy Ur referring to and from my experience vs him he wasn't the type to take intricate river lines, so not rly worried about a c/r with better and think he is gona turn something into a bluff even less often.
Its actually a pretty big leak of some peoples in mtt's where they check back the best hand because they believe their opponents range is made up of missed draws and hands too weak to call a river bet. Obviously the glaring issue with this is that were stopping our opponent from hero'ing, even if its only 1% of the time.
Nit Tendencies

Is this some kind of hilarious practical joke?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 08:41:24 AM »

Fold flop. Bet river.

Is this some kind of hilarious practical joke?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 01:47:39 PM »

There's a raise to £30 and three callers, 'Kurt' calls from the bb and I call from the 'straddle' with

Why is 'Kurt' in inverted commas?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 03:50:30 AM »

I agree with Nit Tendencies that folding the flop would likely be the best way to play the hand, although I do understand your reasoning and you have much better reads/comfort levels in the game. We have a lot of people behind us.

£285 on the river? Not showing down our hand and being seen as a nit might be worth long term ev, showing it down has immediate ev, especially if Kurt has a strongish hand.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: