blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:10:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Long Term Staking Proposal - Give a kid a break (said loosely at 31)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Long Term Staking Proposal - Give a kid a break (said loosely at 31)  (Read 90033 times)
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2013, 01:36:13 PM »

Hello,

Foreward

I have shockingly pinched the model of Dan's stake although, I am clearly a low ball alternative, had some trepidation on puting this up but as I think I have something to offer, you got to try in this world.  I enjoyed following Dan's sweats and I think these threads give something to the community.

Background

My name is Chris Roberts, I am 31, play in Edinburgh and most of the Scottish venues.  I have been staked on here before and backed several others and have always ensured financial transactions have been handled quickly and effectively.  I am a financial professional by trade (pensions consultant) and the stake would be run in my spare time but with consistent volume.  I hope this also provides an air of grimm avoidance, I am FSA regulated and financial slurs against my name would be terminal in my business.

I have been playing poker for 10 plus years but only the last couple have I began to put it some real online volume.  I concentrate on low stakes MTT's ($1-$11) and play basically solely on stars.  I <3 the game but due to bad bankroll management tend to find I am unable to play for periods of the month which is frustrating as I think I can comfortably beat the base games to which I play.

I tend to 4-6 table and would expect to play around 20 games in an evening session and probably 30-40 at the weekend.  I will speak more about game selection later.  I do not presently use HUD or keep any table notes, which I will be bringing in as part of this stake.  I would assume this should improve results and may make the stats I have amassed slightly more impressive.  Also backed I will not be playing sessions tired or for quick kill time so the ITM I would expect to comfortably increase.

Stats

As mentioned above BRM is an issue and therefore it is best to split out the Bronze and Silver stard from OPR as I do not intend to be staked/play bigger games:

http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/pokerstars/Rab90/poker/results/DE73855261904DCDAB39932230BCBD63.html?t=2

I approximate this as a profit of $3,680.57 over 1969 games with an average buy in of $5.91.  I cant post the picture but the Poker Stats breakdown will show profit of this order up to stakes of $40.

I know 1969 games is not a huge sample but I hope this demonstrates a level of aptitude for the games and the ability.  If I have extracted this information incorrectly then let me know but I believe this to be accruate.

Proposal

Is to play $1 to $11 MTT on stars.  This will be my sole play on stars, I will keep only stake money on the site and therefore my play in all areas can be tracked and watched as I can appreciate my previous BRM could be an issue for individuals.  I want to be as transparent as possible.  Any investor is welcome to view the account upon request and I will update when I am playing, totals at the end of the session and final table sweats.

The stake will include the Storm, Big $11, and the last chance $11 million satellites.  The remainder will likely be $2.20 to $5.40 as I will be looking at keep ABI to around $4.  Obviously the previous 3 have the possibility of major scores.  I have ran top 100 in storm twice this year, including 50th two weeks ago.  I have satellited into the million 5 times I believe and have cashed at least twice (250th is best thus far).

My Game selection includes only tournaments with $1k gtd+.  I open up the best available 4-6 tournaments and replace each bust with the next best game.  I do not play above 6 although if things develop well, my game may develop with it.  I do not play rebuys with the exception of the $1 3*times turbo due to the huge potential score for small outlay.

Bankroll

I am looking at an ABI of $4 and think $800 would be a suitable opening roll being 200 buy ins.  Obviously the fields in these are huge and variance is pretty high, so a reload may be required although, hopefully we can get off to a flyer.

Key points

I will typically play at least 3 sessions per week
I will be aiming for around 400 games per month but looking at 200 as a minimum

Flexibility, shot taking and the nitty gritty

The stake will be rigid to the OP.  I think that is important to keep BRM in check.  If things develop well and people think increasing the stake or ABI is a good idea then it will be discussed and the OP changed.  At Micromillions/SCOOP/WCOOP times, discussions may be brought but these are special circumstances.

When going in profit I will split the money up and transfer it across but only if it is a suitable amount. If I am in profit for $50 on the day after getting out of MU I think it's a waste of time sending it across so as a rule anything less than $100 profit after MU I will leave in the account.

I do not have the results Dan has and cannot justify 50/50.  My suggested starting point is 70/30 in the backers favour.  When returns begin the deal will alter as follows:

$800 returned           65/35
$1600 returned         60/40
$2400 returned         55/50
$3200 returned         50/50

If reloads are required, I drop down, so this will be a pyramid system, it incentivises me to improve and keep grinding.  I will not go below 70/30 as kids gotta eat.

Happy to discuss if anyone thinks this is overlly weighted in my favour but it seems fair based on what I have seen and the work I will be undertaking.

If you decide that you want to drop out without the bankroll going bust then I will require 48 hours notice to give time to find another backer. This is because if I am one backer short regardless of percentage it means I can't play as it is an admin nightmare. If I bust the roll it's likely that it may take a day or two to replace stakers as it takes time to contact people etc. For people who do not want to reload for whatever reason can sell their MU privately at whatever deal they want, I do not want to profit by people withdrawing and the MU being wiped as it can often leave a nasty taste.

5% minimum investment please. I will be taking all funds on pokerstars (rab90) or bank transfer if preferred

5% = $40
10% = $80
20% = $160

I am off next week and would have a lot of time available to grind, would love to get this off the ground but appreciate it will not be for everyone.

Flame away, happy to take feedback on things I need to do to improve this, preferably via PM to avoid a derail.

Chris

The Team

Red Bull             25%  (received Stars)
Red Fox             10%  (received Stars)
Red Simon         10%  (received Stars)
Luckyblind          10%  (received Bank)
Jamier Host        10%  (received Stars)
Steve Swift        10%  (received Stars)
Doobs                10% (received Bank)
Longines             5%  (received Stars)
Suited Jock         5%  (received Bank)
Born to Bubble    5%  (received Stars)

Reserve

Tomson87       `10%
Junior Senior      5/10%
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 02:54:41 AM by OverTheBorder » Logged
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 01:57:18 PM »

Impressive OP. I enjoyed railing Dan's thread so I'm in for 5% if that's OK. Will send on Stars.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 01:59:01 PM »

Impressive OP. I enjoyed railing Dan's thread so I'm in for 5% if that's OK. Will send on Stars.

Booked thanks, hold off shipping till I gauge responses if that's okay
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 02:16:31 PM »

Doh, said I was not goner do any more, I am soooooo  weak but I do love a sweat  10% please.

Steve
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 02:19:31 PM »

I'll chuck in 10% - good luck getting it going.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 02:24:30 PM »

10 pls.  Cheers

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 02:31:20 PM »

All booked 35% sold 65% available

Thanks to everyone

luckyblind

Why did I call myself lucky?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »

Don't normally see these until they are sold out. Will take 10%.

D 4 Events - Deepstack & Short-Handed Poker Festivals across Europe. €500 main events with €300 & €200 Side Events.

Great Structures, Fantastic Venues, Affordable entry fees.

PM for more info.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 03:02:28 PM »

Good Luck Chris.
Make sure Vinny doesn't post on your Thread.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 03:07:43 PM »

Good Luck Chris.
Make sure Vinny doesn't post on your Thread.

Booked luckyblind, thank you, 55% remaining

Davie, I didn't stand him up, I should be fine Smiley
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 03:10:28 PM »

5% please may take another 5 later if it does not sell out. Im in for the sweats!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 03:27:44 PM »

10%. No $ on Stars. Is a bank transfer ok?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 03:41:52 PM »

Booked borntobubble and redsimon (details will follow via PM)

40% left, don't ship till I confirm, if it gets proper close may take a little myself
Suited_Jock

i-reraise.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 05:19:07 PM »

I'll take 5% for the sweat..

Bank xfer ok?
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 05:21:41 PM »

I'll take 5% for the sweat..

Bank xfer ok?