blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:09:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP Final table
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP Final table  (Read 30078 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2013, 06:04:57 PM »

it's the WSOP Main event final table tonight (starts at 1am UK time). 

You can watch it live on the ESPN TV channel available through Sky TV, Virgin or BT Sport.

It may be free with your channel package, or you may have to pay for an upgrade for a minimum of 1 month. 

If you can't stay up and watch it live it's repeated at 6.30pm on Tuesday evening. 

They will play down to 3 players tonight, then the final 3 return at 2am Tues night/Weds morning to play it out.

This is also live on the ESPN TV channel and again will be repeated at 7.15pm on Weds evening.

There is an alternative which is to watch via the live stream on ESPN.  You can pay £1.99 for 24 hours or £2.99 for 7 days via the following link.

http://www.espnplayer.com/espnplayer/wsop

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 06:06:10 PM »

http://www.wsop.com/2013/

Has the line up

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 06:08:51 PM »

ESPN Notes from back in august are below

JC Tran (38.0 million in chips): The poker world wanted a star at the final table and in JC Tran, they definitely have one. He has won two WSOP bracelets, a WPT title and has $8.3 million career tournament earnings. This is his sixth cash of the 2013 WSOP and his sixth main event cash over the past 10 years. He had no fear of putting millions in the pot late and that's what boosted him into the final table as the chip leader.

Amir Lehavot (29.7 mllion)
: Talk about flying under the radar. The winner of the $10,000 pot-limit hold 'em event in 2011 was one of the shortest stacks to begin the day, but he capitalized most off of James Alexander's blow up during the third level on Day 7. This is the 38-year-old's 13th career WSOP cash and he will be the oldest player at the final table, where he'll try to become the first Israeli to win the main event. He's a professional poker player by trade, but also has a degree in engineering.

Marc-Etienne McLaughlin (26.5 million):
It has been quite a year for Canada at the World Series of Poker and McLaughlin is looking to continue that trend. This is his seventh career WSOP cash and more impressive, his third top-86 main event cash over the past five years. He has made one WSOP final table, finishing third in a $1,500 event in 2011.

Jay Farber (25.9 million): The 28-year-old nightclub promoter played a lot of poker before Black Friday and just recently turned to having a, as he said, "real job." He plays the cash games in Vegas and decided to enter some satellites because he believed there was added value. Farber won his way in and as far as his November Nine preparation, two players on his rail were none other than former November Niners Ben Lamb and Michael Mizrachi. This is his first career WSOP cash and second main event.

Ryan Riess (25.8 million):
You're going to hear a lot about "Riess The Beast." The Michigan State grad found poker and has been motivated since a second-place finish at a WSOP Circuit main event to find greatness. Well, now he's here. Riess had one of the most vocal rails on the day, but he battled from the short stack with perfect aggression to make it this far. Expect the same heartfelt effort to show in November.

Sylvain Loosli (19.6 million in chips): The 26-year-old Frenchman is making his first career World Series of Poker cash and has only one tiny score on the EPT as part of his tournament resume. That said, he plays $25/$50 no-limit cash games online and if we look back at last year, some guy named Merson had those same credentials. Loosli likes being underestimated and hopes that he can exploit that image come November. More than anything, he wants to win this for France.

Michiel Brummelhuis (11.2 million):
The Dutch pro has been successful around the world for the past six years and is one of the most respected players in that poker community. He has made WSOP final tables, earned six-figure scores and won side events. Now he has the biggest opportunity of his life and a chance to become the first world champion from the Netherlands. Brummelheis, 32, owes his tournament to a river 7 that gave him a straight with J-9 against Loosli's A-J, and now that he has the second chance, he isn't going to let it go easily. Just like Tran, he's expecting a child this year.

Mark Newhouse (7.3 million)
After his win on the World Poker Tour in 2006, Mark Newhouse fell quickly out of the poker spotlight and fell onto tough times. After the performance he put on during Day 7, many will remember the 28-year-old's determination and even though he's short, you can't count him out at the final table. Newhouse finished 182nd in the 2011 main event. Including ninth-place prize money, he has $2.7 million in career earnings.

David Benefield (6.3 million): "Raptor" is one of the original online poker superstars in the post-boom era. The 27-year-old Texan was part of the support squad during Craig Marquis' run in 2008 and now he'll have his own shot. According to Brian Hastings, Benefield been active in the Macau cash games as of late while also studying political science and Chinese at Columbia. Prior to the main event, he had only one WSOP cash this Series, but made $115,000 in October with an eighth-place finish at the WSOP's 50,000 euro high roller event. If there was someone who played nearly perfect today, it was Benefield. While he tightened up on the bubble, he deserves this final table bid.

1. $8,359,531
2. $5,173,170
3. $3,727,023
4. $2,791,982
5. $2,106,526
6. $1,600,792
7. $1,225,224
8. $944,593
9. $733,224

My eyes are open wide
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 06:49:18 PM »

Won't be as much fun as watching Greg Merson crush.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 06:56:41 PM »

#teamupgrade

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 07:17:29 PM »

Won't be as much fun as watching Greg Merson crush.

Hopefully it will be quicker

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 07:35:46 PM »

Reiss looks pretty huge @ 6/1 with Ladbrokes.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 07:46:10 PM »

JC Tran is too short, so I haven't laid off.

Pls lose.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 07:57:00 PM »

Have a bet

He Has

Tran
Reiss
Farber
Benefield

I have

Lehavot
Mclaughlin
Loosli
Brummelhuis
Newhouse

Whos favourite?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 07:58:27 PM »

Have a bet

He Has

Tran
Reiss
Farber
Benefield

I have

Lehavot
Mclaughlin
Loosli
Brummelhuis
Newhouse

Whos favourite?

You ...mbn Cheesy

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 10:37:37 PM »

Want Benefield to win, or JayLV who was always pretty helpful to everyone on 2p2.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 12:54:21 AM »

any streams floating about? only got time to watch first hour or so, thanks
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 01:14:35 AM »

any streams floating about? only got time to watch first hour or so, thanks

http://tykestv.eu/streams/sports/espn-uk/

Been solid thus far

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 02:14:36 AM »

Been a good final so far.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 02:19:19 AM »

Been a good final so far.

yeh agreed some good folds

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: